Really need better triple monitor support for RaceRoom

So I have triple monitors and typically had them adjusted at about 20 degrees. Most high end sims (IRacing and Assetto Corsa) allow me to set the monitor angle giving a great experience. However, I have been working with other sims also of the RFactor/Rfactor2 type and understand those sims are fixed to 45.

Therefore, to optimize my system I have moved my monitors to 45 degrees and really enjoy it.

Unfortunately now, RaceRoom is messed up for me. I think for full screen settings the monitor angle is about 30 deg, but can't change it in the sim. Also don't want to move my monitors around everytime I want to get into RaceRoom (I have a custom built full racing seat setup and not sure I want to go the path of multi adjustable monitor angles. I really need better triple monitor support from RaceRoom. I am new to it, am getting more into it, but I am hesitating relative to the triple monitor support.

One other question though, how does it detect triple monitors? I have my setup with NVidia Surround, so my display resolution is 48:9, 5912X1080 Bexel Corrected. But unless the sim know to multi-view the three monitors, is it just presenting a flat image at 5912X1080? In that case the one item I saw that said the default was 30 deg isn't necessarily true. I would think 30 deg and 45 are close enough but I am getting the sense that the image is almost flat across the span.

Help....

Adjusting your FOV seems to somewhat change the angle of your side monitors, but it's never quite right. Lower FOV seems to angle it towards you more, higher FOV angles it away. Then scoot your seat forward/backward to get your desired point of view.

Unfortunately this game does not offer any triple screen adjustments other than resolution and aspect ratio. So it is one flat image across 3 screens. It has no triple screen settings like AC, iRacing does nor does it even have the basic rFactor 'Multiview' setting. It is a shame as this game deserves better triple screen support.

This is a feature i would love to see implemented into this sim as its about the only one i race regular that doesn't support triples even in a basic form.

Got my fingers crossed that 2015 will see more improvements like this and dedicated servers now they have the basics in place and plenty of content to drive.

Jason.

I spoke to the support staff at Sector3, as I wanted to ask them about the FOV multiplier. They are aware of the lack of triple support and its on their list, but I got the sense that it is a bit lower on their priority totem pole than both of us would like...which makes my triple projector setup a sad panda.

As much as I like RRE nowadays, every time I boot the game up to have another go at it because I really "want" to like this and the annoyance with the terrible triples FOV is just me being a snob with a first world simracing problem I find myself quitting out in frustration again after a few minutes.
Please move this up your priority list as I want and will buy your products but I just can't until this is resolved.

I'm running triple 24" monitors. Set the the FOV to 0.7 last night and I was pretty happy with the result after adjusting my seat position. Granted, I'm not the most experienced in triple monitor setups but it seemed to work well for me. Some greater adjustment ability would be nice though.

I'm running triple 24" monitors. Set the the FOV to 0.7 last night and I was pretty happy with the result after adjusting my seat position. Granted, I'm not the most experienced in triple monitor setups but it seemed to work well for me. Some greater adjustment ability would be nice though.

I found going the other way worked better for me. I believe I have a FOV of 1.2 with the seat scooted about 3/4 of the way forward. This results in a little less skew in the side monitors and I can almost see my passenger side mirror. With any FOV under 1.0 the side monitors get more skewed and you can see less out of them.

Mine has no issue, If i remember right i have it at 1.1

Check out this video ( not from me ) but i like the ratio.
The guy captures triple screen resolution.

See at about 3:42 time stamp
The guy us definitely using a very high field of view

I don't think that video reflects what we're discussing. That was captured as one large, flat image which is not how a triple monitor rig is setup. Our side monitors are at an angle which means a flat image doesn't work properly as the side images need to be skewed outwards to compensate for the angles of the monitors. Proper triple screen support gives you the option to adjust the skew on your side monitors to fit whatever angle they're at, like in Assetto Corsa. R3E doesn't do that, it just uses one large, flat image with minimal skew adjustment which is controlled by the FOV.

I found going the other way worked better for me. I believe I have a FOV of 1.2 with the seat scooted about 3/4 of the way forward. This results in a little less skew in the side monitors and I can almost see my passenger side mirror. With any FOV under 1.0 the side monitors get more skewed and you can see less out of them.

I have the seat pretty far forward so i get more road view (and less dash/roof), so at 0.7 i was getting the car frame fitting perfectly in my middle and right monitors (so the passenger area is in the right monitor). This defintiely killed alot of side view as you noted but i liked the forward view. After seeing your post and others I tried going back up - settled on 0.9 - adds some speed and everything looks a bit sharper too while working well for my mirrors with my seat position.

I don't think that video reflects what we're discussing. That was captured as one large, flat image which is not how a triple monitor rig is setup. Our side monitors are at an angle which means a flat image doesn't work properly as the side images need to be skewed outwards to compensate for the angles of the monitors. Proper triple screen support gives you the option to adjust the skew on your side monitors to fit whatever angle they're at, like in Assetto Corsa. R3E doesn't do that, it just uses one large, flat image with minimal skew adjustment which is controlled by the FOV.
I am not disagreeing with you. I would love the multi screen option that Ac has while in game. I was blown away with how many setting you get in that game. But i find it fine in R3E yes i would love to have way more options, but like said I have no issue with it. I can work with it.

I am not disagreeing with you. I would love the multi screen option that Ac has while in game. I was blown away with how many setting you get in that game. But i find it fine in R3E yes i would love to have way more options, but like said I have no issue with it. I can work with it.

Yeah, it's fine and doesn't bother me too much. But I would like it to be addressed at some point so I can see cars next to me on my passenger side. Kinda defeats the purpose of triple screens when all you get is a better view of your dash. :roflmao:

Thanks for the comments and confirming my thoughts. The one thing I find interesting though is some of these thoughts "Yeah, it's fine and doesn't bother me too much" or " This definitely killed alot of side view as you noted but i liked the forward view," "I can almost see my passenger side mirror." I guess I am not one to "settle." I, like most of you have invested thousands in my system and probably another triple to 4 digit investment in cars and tracks and sims and developers that treat their customers right. I am an engineer on big projects, and gosh, if the customer said they need a software update... Do you know how fast we could turn that request around? Multi-view with three adjustable windows... Apart from working through some optimization to get frame rates adequate, this involves two transformation matrices applied to portions of a graphics image. Note to developer, I am willing to spend $$$ on your cars and tracks and have proven it with other sims. I am not ready to settle and I am would like to walk away but see potential. SimBin, your website says " Together, all three companies offer a world of racing in which anyone can immerse to experience motorsports." Sounds like it really is "so anyone can settle and experience something akin to motorsports." SimBin, I challenge you to provide a status to your customers on when you plan on incorporating multi-view triple screen support so this statement can be true. Please!

... SimBin, I challenge you to provide a status to your customers on when you plan on incorporating multi-view triple screen support so this statement can be true. Please!

The funny is that Kunos added proper triple support (complete with configuration app) IN ONE DAY to the tech preview way back when :)

I remember them saying they were surprised at the number of users that were screaming about triple support and so very quickly added it.

It looks to me as there is much more to do to proper support triple screen in R3E. Perhaps the R3E engine was never designed for triple support. Therefore much more effort is needed and S3 is a rather small company. They also have to pay they'er employs and make sure that DTM, GT Masters and other contracts are finished in time. I'm pretty sure that triple support is on they're list though.

I'm also using triple screen and its rely annoying but there are other qualities (espacially sound!) which deserves my entire respect.

If we are looking to other Sim titles there is not one (excluding iRacing perhaps) which is finished and only needs new content.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 204 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 206 14.1%