Resource icon

Misc Realistic Traffic for 'The Tajo' 0.91a

Login or Register an account to download this content
schnipp submitted a new resource:

Realistic Traffic for 'The Tajo' - Tajo: AI slowed down to realistic speeds

This is a tiny modification to slow down the AI to realistic speeds on Rafa Sanchez great track 'The Tajo Hillclimb'. For this to work you need to have the Donationware version of the track.

The AI cars are limited speeds slightly above the allowed speed limits around the track and it also includes the KI to be speeding at three faster sections of the track in both directions.

Short preview:

Installation:
To install this...

Read more about this resource...

That isn't possible afaik.

The speed limit is the same for all AI cars, therefore I could either slow every car or no car down.

I can't think of a way that would make this work in a realistic way.

That isn't possible afaik.

The speed limit is the same for all AI cars, therefore I could either slow every car or no car down.

I can't think of a way that would make this work in a realistic way.
Yep that's true. How did you do the speed limit? I only know the option 0.00-1.00 (and above but that's risky). All cars are then doing only x.xx % of their normal speed and therefore faster cars will be faster. I use 0.4 for Highlands traffic for example :)

The code looks like this:

Code:
[HINT_0]
START=0
END=0.036
VALUE=0.6

[MAXSPEED_0]
START=0
END=0.036
VALUE=85

[HINT_1]
START=0.036
END=0.071
VALUE=0.6

[MAXSPEED_1]
START=0.036
END=0.071
VALUE=103

and so on until lap is completed with:

[HINT_29]
START=0.982
END=0.99
VALUE=0.6

[MAXSPEED_29]
START=0.982
END=0.99
VALUE=43

[HINT_30]
START=0.99
END=1
VALUE=0.6

[MAXSPEED_30]
START=0.99
END=1
VALUE=85

You have to let the AI drive for some time and have the dev apps activated.
Then you need to go to replay (while in the session, loaded replay doesn't work as I sadly had to find out the hard way and spent 20 min. or more for nothing), switch the view to an AI car and open the AI app. This app then shows you the position the car is at on the AI fast_lane.
You have to note every value where you want to change the speed limit and then create each entry in the ai_hints.ini file. (tedious work ;) )

0.00 is the start of the fast lane path, 0.036 is the start of the first section I allowed speeding (103kph) that ends at 0.071 (which is a bit before the gas station).
At the end 0.982 is the point were speed limit sign for the roundabout are positioned, so I've set the limit to 43 kph and then after the 40 limit is removed by the next sign I've allow the AI to accelerate to 85 kph again.

Last edited:
Thanks for that long and detailed answer!
The maxspeed entries are new to me!
Fantastic work from you and thank you for spending your time to create this mod :)

Thanks.

I didn't know the maxspeed existed as well, it was Michael Hornbuckle who showed this feature, hence the credit I gave him in my release. But he did his mod as one speed setting for the whole track, but I wanted to try if it's possible to have it segmented into different speed zones.

You need the paid version of 'The Tajo Hillclimb', I have nothing to do with the track itself.
Also, the realistic traffic mod is already included in the current version of the track if you have the full version, so there is no more need to manually install this mod.

yes it is but everytime i click on it it forward me to his payopal so i paid but i have no idea how to contact him.... wich i already stated above in the message... lol sad :D

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%