Realistic PPFilter Assetto Corsa for Pure & Sol

Misc Realistic PPFilter Assetto Corsa for Pure & Sol v1.9

Login or Register an account to download this content
***This has nothing to do with my ppfilter but I thought it be worth while posting it here too***

Posted this on fps issues and micro freezes, not sure if this will work but is worth trying, made a huge difference with me.

This worked for me and hopefully will help others. I still recommend doing this because my game feels and looks much better now.

Last edited:
Nice additional Filter - but i MUST ask off topic: we can see the Cayman #420 of Four Motors / 24h race on one of your screenshots - is this only a private skin?...

@ClimaxF1 Nice filter, one of the most realistic looking ones. My new favorite.
1623942823405.png

Last edited:
ClimaxF1 updated Realistic PPFilter Assetto Corsa with a new update entry:

Final tweaks and some nice screen shots

Hi Guys

Having now tested this ppfilter with a variety of tracks and conditions I would say that this should be the final version.

Update details v1.4:

- Small adjustment to the colors
- Nice screen shots

View attachment 485521View attachment 485522View attachment 485523View attachment 485524View attachment 485525View attachment 485526View attachment 485527

Read the rest of this update entry...

Still love your filter but yesterday I did my first nicht races and it's quite hard to Drive because of the low light/contrast and the bright dashboard Instruments. Is it possible to tweak it a little bit or are there plans for a night Version? Thanks

Hi Guys

Appreciate all the positive reviews and feedback, this always makes it a pleasure to assist.

Generally speaking all the feedback is very positive and thank you for that.

One topic that seems to be the problem is the night vision, too dark and rays with the moon.

I'm going to need help from the community to fix this problem.

I struggle to see at night whilst driving, it's manageable but racing games I have no chance anymore, everything that glows is very bright for me with massive glow and the darks are just pitch black.

I'll send out some pm's and see if someone can help me sort this out.

Sunrise to sunset with any weather condition this filter is beautiful and really deserves the same during the night.

Anyone reading this that wants to help would be very much appreciated and credits are always given.

@Mikke73 @magnum1097

I managed to get the night races good enough for me, with a couple of changes.
- in CSP Lighting FX settings in CM, I increased brightness to 150%
- in Sol Config I turned "global_CSP_lights_controlled_by_sol" off

Without the last change, for example driving in heavy rain at Road America at 5 pm was impossible. That setting dimmed the lights way too much when enabled. I guess Sol modifies the brightness of lights based on the time of day, and not the actual amount of light... And in my opinion Heavy Rain in Sol has always been too dark.

Last edited:
I managed to get the night races good enough for me, with a couple of changes.
- in CSP Lighting FX settings in CM, I increased brightness to 150%
- in Sol Config I turned "global_CSP_lights_controlled_by_sol" off

Without the last change, for example driving in heavy rain at Road America at 5 pm was impossible. That setting dimmed the lights way too much when enabled. I guess Sol modifies the brightness of lights based on the time of day, and not the actual amount of light... And in my opinion Heavy Rain in Sol has always been too dark.
Sent two pm's last night to see if someone can assist, tried myself but I'm setting sshitt that I can't see properly :)

Glad you found a solution and hopefully it works well for others, ideally I would want the ppfilter to be a plug and play, no additional settings required which I'm sure we will have something soon.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 324 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years