Realistic overall sound values for cockpitview!?

For some time now I am thinking which loudness values of all those sound-settings like engine, environment, etc. would be most possible realistic for cockpitview!? What do you guys have as settings!? Sure it would vary depending which kinda car you drive but maybe there is a good overall setting to start with and tweak it when using another class. Thx for possible help. ;-)

This is a very interesting question :) I am using settings recommended in the HQ Anniversary mostly (except for Engine and Sound effects at 50% and Speech at 0% of course. Ui has visual percentages for sliders). But I turn overall game volume down in Windows sound mixer so that I can hear Crew Chief. My overall reasoning is - you race with the earplugs, so all the car sounds are muffled in reality, you feel the sound, not that much hear it. (I might be wrong of course!)

But the most "realistic" setup I was able to achieve is to have Crew Chief via drummer headphones (highly isolating, not only mutes engine but also my rig) and the game via the external speakers. It sounds and feels very immersive - I can even feel the engine noise with my body. Unfortunately, my speakers are a bit off center relative to my rig, so it is not ideal. Also, I often race early in the morning or at night, so.... blaring engine noise out of 200W speakers won't end very well, no matter how immersive it is :)

Just my 2cents :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 245 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%