F1 2011 Realistic lap times

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Largest FAIL i see in this video is that you cut too much (8x in one lap!). In real life the drivers always have to keep two tires between the white lines. Charlie Whiting would have penalized you for such a lap.

charlie-whiting.jpeg

bla bla bla :D ... dont tell it me, tell it CM. i hate this too, but CM allowed it :(

Chicken <<>> Egg story. You took advantage of it, so don't blame Codemasters, blame yourself for putting in such a ridiculous lap and also upload it to YouTube to blame somebody else for your actions :)

There are enough points on which each racing game can improve themselves, F1 2011 is not an exception. Why not make that suggestion to CM to tighten the cutting rules in TT mode or something instead of putting time into a video only to bash them.

Chicken <<>> Egg story. You took advantage of it, so don't blame Codemasters, blame yourself for putting in such a ridiculous lap and also upload it to YouTube to blame somebody else for your actions :)

facepalm.png
facepalm.png

Its true, it's ridiculous how much corner cutting they allow

You're going to have to drive like a twat to be competitive online, everyone will be driving like this

Thx :)

That wasn't even done in TT mode though was it

It's a ridiculous lap time and its only possible because you lose no time putting wheels on the grass and codemasters allow corner cutting.

You say don't drive like that but what use is that going to be to anyone online ? Drive properly and be 5 seconds behind or drive like a **** and get pole ? Everyone will take pole over realism !

Also even without the corner cutting the lap times are unrealistic. Pole in Singapore on legend is 10 seconds faster than the real life time lol

The rock only thing i can see wrong is your lap time, you're driving.... you have Traction Control on and you cut a few corner's i see.... they allow it? nonsense, you abused it to the max, because it's their doesn't mean you have to use it to your full advantage, if you drive realistically your time would be a 1:21 or a 1:22.

Our RD racing rules are very clear on that rule Carl: no cutting allowed. So yes, maybe that is the behavior in a public room, but should certainly not happen here in our leagues :)

For sure, thats a fantastic rule :) :)

The CM racing rules you see in my video :(

EDIT: NO DRIVING AIDS !!!!!! no TC, no ABS, etc.

EDIT 2: @bram: you dont know what i mean. i will drive this lap without cutting and im also 3 seconds faster then the pole lap von vettel ;)

@bram: you dont know what i mean. i will drive this lap without cutting and im also 3 seconds faster then the pole lap von vettel ;)

I know exactly what you mean. All I tried to say is that you are making the wrong statement here :) I agree the cutting rules are too loose. On the other hand if they were tight as in real life you would probably make a video as well that its $*#&(@)#*#& ridiculous that you are five seconds slower driving a perfect lap.

Creating games is always finding the right balance and in this case the cutting rules on this track are off balance.

If you really want to drive in the same way as Vettel does you we will need to take a few things in consideration:
- He is driving a 100,000,000 euro car. Yours is max worth the price of a game
- If he goes off in the fastest corner he ends in a wheelchair or a coffin. You end up pressing escape and try it again.

Maybe you have a brother or friend living close by then try to do the following for absolute pure realism:

Every time you crash into a barrier or spin your car you let him punch you in the face with all the power he has in him and then try to race on your maximum abilities. I am pretty sure you experience fear as well just like The Finger does :)

I know exactly what you mean. All I tried to say is that you are making the wrong statement here :) I agree the cutting rules are too loose. On the other hand if they were tight as in real life you would probably make a video as well that its $*#&(@)#*#& ridiculous that you are five seconds slower driving a perfect lap.

I try without cutting .... time = 1:18.9xx

got a video from that :)

the problem is the setup .. you can read here http://community.codemasters.com/fo...ion-1403/471570-huge-setup-bug-f1-2011-a.html

here is the setup ....

CarRed Bull
CircuitMelbourne
ConditionDry
Distance
AerodynamicsFront Wing Angle: 5
Rear Wing Angle: 7
BrakingBalance: 51%F - 49%R
Pressure: High
Brake Size: Large
BalanceFront Anti-Roll Bar: 1
Rear Anti-Roll Bar: 11
SuspensionFront Ride Height: 1
Rear Ride Height: 1
Front Spring Stiffness: 11
Rear Spring Stiffness: 11
GearboxGear 1: 129 kph
Gear 2: 159 kph
Gear 3: 188 kph
Gear 4: 218 kph
Gear 5: 249 kph
Gear 6: 281 kph
Gear 7: 321 kph
EngineFuel Map: Mix 3
Fuel: 3 Laps for Q3
AlignmentCamber Front: -3.40
Camber Rear: -1.30
Toe Front: 0.11
Toe Rear:. 0.35
TyresSoft
Notes

I believe you didnt really cut in 1st video we all push more than real life as we got nothing too lose. So just drive your best, same setup, but springs 8/8.

Please stop spreading mis-information on codies board too, you have found a glitch in the system, there is already a large thread discussing the setup bug with 11/11 springs and Community Manager Helios has taken note of it.

With a realistic setup you cannot do a time like that.

Looking at your setup, the car should oveersteer to an extreme with Anti Roll bars 1/11 and Wing 5/7.

Generally the lap times are pretty accurate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back