Physics Realistic F1 tyres from 1980 or 1990's?

I've been experimenting with the tyres. I'm finding these tyres settings will get me qualifying times at Imola88 by like 500ms.

I was wondering if there was any tyre experts here? someone that has created tyres that match up with 80's early 90s qualifiers? I've dropped grip, REF down to 1:70, 180, I'm slidding more, but qualifying is like 500ms away.

I know tyre model is complicated to model, but has anyone tried inputing realistic F1 1990, 1980 tyre data into the assetto corsa tyre model?

Fronts.

LS_EXPY=0.60
LS_EXPX=0.60
DY_REF=1.80
DX_REF=1.80

Rears

LS_EXPY=0.70
LS_EXPX=0.70
DY_REF=1.90
DX_REF=1.90

Thanks

This might be a dumb question but, are you driving optimal tracks at perfect conditions? If you recreate the conditions of the day you may get closer. also you don't fear death or the scorn of your employers and there is minimal physical strain.

This might be a dumb question but, are you driving optimal tracks at perfect conditions? If you recreate the conditions of the day you may get closer. also you don't fear death or the scorn of your employers and there is minimal physical strain.

It's pretty much at 100%, the tracks are mostly accurate. The best tyres i've come across have been ACFL from 1994 mod. The rest of them have mixed results depending the on the track, I was just wondering if someone modeled some tyres from actually 1992, 1993 qualifying tyre data.

Good question. I don't think there exists any public modern era F1 tires which are even above 80% accurate on average. Every manufacturer's tires are very different anyway.

Laptimes don't mean jack **** if you're not a champion driver yourself as well. Yours are likely several % too grippy.

Good question. I don't think there exists any public modern era F1 tires which are even above 80% accurate on average. Every manufacturer's tires are very different anyway.

Laptimes don't mean jack **** if you're not a champion driver yourself as well. Yours are likely several % too grippy.

Yeah, I've tried different tyres from different F1's car, seems like some use some much downforce to mask weak tyres. I've tried my best getting the accurate horse power, aero dynamics and modding the tyres. But the tyres are always the thing I have to question the most, so many variables. Is it the accurate slip, is it the accurate breaking grip, is it accurate taking off grip, accurate flex. Would be if some study pulled in all the data and you could dial it all in. Even difference between frontal and rear grip creates issues with car handling.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back