Realism Settings

When I play with the Options - Controls settings (gain, effects etc), then go back to Drive, my Realism settings have changed - Automatic Clutch and Automatic Throttle Blip are turned off. The other settings are not affected.
What gives?

Last edited:
When I play with the Options - Controls settings (gain, effects etc), then go back to Drive, my Realism settings have changed - Automatic Clutch and Automatic Throttle Blip are turned off. The other settings are not affected.
What gives?
Yeah, this just seems to be one of those rather unhelpful things that AC does. Once you get used to it, you'll remember to fix it each time. If I recall correctly, there's also a warning shown (very briefly!) each time you exit the controls settings page.
I have no idea why AC does this though - perhaps someone can address that...

Thanks for that. One of my problems is that I don't play regularly. I might binge in for a few weeks, like now, then real life gets in the way or I play other sims. When I get back to it, it's like starting all over again and the smallest things catch me out. It can be quite frustrating.
Thankfully there is alwayshelp at hand but it will mean me asking the most simple questions.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 84 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 167 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 320 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 449 39.2%