RealHeadMotion settings help...

I downloaded and put both the RealHeadMotion (for Rfactor1) dll and ini in my plugins folder.

I mainly want to get rid of the shaking horizon (track guard & trees etc), but I don't know what to change in the RHM ini file to achieve thiis view.

I turned off all head movement and yaw in the game, and made the .plr edits as directed by the RHM site.

I don't want head shake or horizon shake, I don't mind the car (dash) itself bouncing over road bumps.

What settings should I use?

The instructions should be with the plugin. I did not have to edit any car files. I inserted the files as you have done, and I get a steady horizon. If you want to edit anything it was in the plr file (I've pasted them below)

First, edit the file\rFactor\UserData\player\player.PLR

And change those lines like this

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)

Cockpit Vibration Freq1="0.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)

Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)

Cockpit Vibration Freq2="0.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

Car Vibration Mult1="0.00000" // Vibration multiplier affects cameras attached directly to the car

So the internal rFactor camera vibration will not interfere

Then set the max pitch/roll as default =>

Look Up/Down Angle="0.40000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

Leanahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)

Look Roll Angle="0.75000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

Then copy RealHeadMotion.dll in \rFactor\Plugins

Last edited:
The instructions should be with the plugin. I did not have to edit any car files. I inserted the files as you have done, and I get a steady horizon. If you want to edit anything it was in the plr file (I've pasted them below)

First, edit the file\rFactor\UserData\player\player.PLR

And change those lines like this

Cockpit Vibration Mult1="0.00000" // Primary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint position (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)

Cockpit Vibration Freq1="0.00000" // Primary rate of vibration affects eyepoint position (higher framerates allow higher rates)

Cockpit Vibration Mult2="0.00000" // Secondary vibration multiplier affects eyepoint orientation (base magnitude is in VEH or cockpit file)

Cockpit Vibration Freq2="0.00000" // Secondary rate of vibration affects eyepoint orientation

Car Vibration Mult1="0.00000" // Vibration multiplier affects cameras attached directly to the car

So the internal rFactor camera vibration will not interfere

Then set the max pitch/roll as default =>

Look Up/Down Angle="0.40000" // Angle to look up/down (pitch) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

Leanahead Angle="0.00000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ steering in radians (= degrees / 57)

Look Roll Angle="0.75000" // Angle to lean head (roll) w/ controller in radians (= degrees / 57)

Then copy RealHeadMotion.dll in \rFactor\Plugins

Thanks...

I made the exact same edits you listed above, I put both RealHeadMotion.dll and RealHeadMotion.ini in the plugins folder. However, I still have a shaking horizon.

I don't know if it will help at all, but I use ver 1.0 of RealHeadMotion, rather than the later versions.
I may be wrong about this but I seem to remember trying an updated version but finding the motion not to my liking, so I switched back to the original.

Maybe it would be worth trying ver 1.0 ?

Also, here's a good pointer direct from the author magicfr, maybe it will help you get the settings to your liking (he is talking about the settings in version 1.0 of the realheadmotion.ini file):

If you set PitchFactor and PitchFactorNeutral at very low value , close to 0, the head will aligned more to horizon.
If you set PitchFactor and PitchFactorNeutral at high value, the head will aligned more to car

I have never edited my ver 1 ini file. It is the original file, still dated 14/4/2012 when I first installed it.

So yes I could upload it, but to be sure you put the right ini with the right version, I would recommend you go to magicfr's site, download ver 1.0 at the bottom of the page (be careful to download the correct one, it is the second one in the list). Copy the files into the plugins folder and try it without any other changes.

Apart from turning off head movement in the controls menu, I have not made ANY other changes (even though he suggests changing some lines in the plr file) and it makes a massive difference for me.

https://sites.google.com/site/midid...dmotion-plugin/real-head-motion-for-rfactor-1

To describe how good it is for me - I can tell within a single lap if I am driving without it, as my head starts to swim.

I know the later versions can be adjusted more, I found the motion feelings in those versions a bit too extreme, I tried various changes, but ver 1 was the best, it works straight out of the box for me so I have stuck with it.

i have tried every version sebastian released in the past and none of them ever stabilized horizon like in rf2... oh well i'll give it another try i guess :) my humble opinion is that reiza should re-enable the WorldMovement setting present in both gtlegends and gtr2. i have a perfect head movement in those without any plugin

That's strange, I find both versions work equally well for me, but then everyone's eyes & perception is different. I hope you can find a setting that suits you.
But if the motion causes a problem it must be worth one more try - Maybe start again, remove all traces of RealHeadMotion (there is also a config in the root folder), start with a new plr file, add the dll & ini files into plugins folder, set head movement, yaw & look ahead to zero in the game menu, and see what happens.
And final suggestion - email Seb, describe what is happening, I bet he would suggest settings to suit you.

OK...so I must be doing something wrong, but after following the instructions above for "realheadmotion" and using version 1, I am still getting terrible horizon shaking (especially in the formula cars).

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 152 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%