RealFeel FFB Project Cars by JC Spadon

Misc RealFeel FFB Project Cars by JC Spadon 3.0 Final

Login or Register an account to download this content
So... I've tested it. :)
What I did - all tests are done on Laguna seca, with dry and wet weather and I use four different vehicles: Dallara DW12 IndyCar, Formula C, Ford Focus RS and Chevrolet Corvette C7.R.

Well, what can I say? Like I say in my rate, It's definitely better that original, I like how "lighter" wheel feels, though I have to turn down in game FF settings from 91% to (depending from car) 60-70%. That centering spring was killing any feel that you drive actual car. Don't know about you guys but I drive car in real life and feedback I get from my car/wheel was nowhere near the feel PCars default settings are giving me.

Like I said in review, we could probably do it by ourselves but... guess we're all being busy :rolleyes:...with something already. I know that I was more focusing the games that have better FF and forget about PCars for some time. And it's too bad, this game could be really fun, although not as "realistic" as Assetto, fR2, Automobilista, DiRT, (not to mention Grand prix Legends:confused:) and some more... sometimes we just want to give ourselves a break and just enjoy the show.

It's not complaining but I did notice a few ...issues.
First one is that I'm not that impressed with wet weather FF. My wheel feels as same (if even not even more) stiff than on dry weather ! How's that ?!? It should (even must) feel much lighter cause it's all slipery and you don't have as nearly as much as grip like on dry track. So what was with that ? Did you even test it on wet weather ? Maybe it's difference between our wheels, you have TM, I G27 ? :unsure:

And the second thing is that when I'm off (and I'm quite often off, believe me:rolleyes:) wheel once again doesn't feel "lighter" and it must - both grass and sand (like it was in Laguna in which I was testing) have way less grip so wheel must feel much much more light. And it really wasn't.
Any thoughts on that ?

I hope you understand, I'm not trying to bash your mod (hell, I give you 5 stars;)) just trying to help you to even more improve your great mod.

And if you decrease the forcefeedback value to 50-60% in logitech profiler instead?
I have Logitech G27 and I can confirm that with in game FF settings at 91% is too strong. I use 60 to 70%.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for your impression. As I said, this is not perfect, and there's still a lot of stuff to adjust.
About the feeling under the rain, it's true. I don't understand some physics of this game, I have to work on that.
About off track.. I don't know, i'm never out of the line lol!!! I'm kidding. It's the same about the rain, the physics are complicated to understand, and I start to think they put some artificial effects for this kind of event...
I'm working of the Assetto's FFB for now (need a break with pCars FFB lol), and then i'll work back on it.
And your comments are exactly what I need to improve the FFB, please, feel free to tell me some others stuff you saw ;-)

Ok, will do. After some more testing of course, got nothing new for now.
And... about that migrating of your to Assetto... man,:confused:Assetto have already great FF, you sure about that ?:O_o: Project Cars need you much much more ! :devilish::geek:
Just kidding, you do what you feel like it, of course. Good luck with your future projects ! :thumbsup:

its a pity you feel that having a car behave like a real car equates to being a clown on the road. If a car in sim cannot do realistically what a car actually does irl and make it feel like it...then it fails as a sim. Unless all you know how to do is drive straight, then sadly you won't know how to properly simulate how traction breaks and grips back realistically

its a pity you feel that having a car behave like a real car equates to being a clown on the road. If a car in sim cannot do realistically what a car actually does irl and make it feel like it...then it fails as a sim. Unless all you know how to do is drive straight, then sadly you won't know how to properly simulate how traction breaks and grips back realistically
be my guest, make a file, and share it ;-)

In all honestly I've just tried it. Was using Jack Spade version with some custom bits and FFB strength. I'm not liking it much. I can feel the gearing on the FFB, not sure if that's intended but it's.. weird :D

Weight transfer is clearly harder to understand as well as having opposite-lock when the car rotates, the wheel goes light, it should instead become strong with the rolling resistance of the front wheels. So yeah, good effort anyway, I know how hard and how personal this can be. So if this is good to at least one person, then it's not a waste of time !

Keep up the hard work :)

In all honestly I've just tried it. Was using Jack Spade version with some custom bits and FFB strength. I'm not liking it much. I can feel the gearing on the FFB, not sure if that's intended but it's.. weird :D

Weight transfer is clearly harder to understand as well as having opposite-lock when the car rotates, the wheel goes light, it should instead become strong with the rolling resistance of the front wheels. So yeah, good effort anyway, I know how hard and how personal this can be. So if this is good to at least one person, then it's not a waste of time !

Keep up the hard work :)

Thanks for your impression. Do you play with any other game simulation like rFactor2, Automobilista or Assetto Corsa?

Played a bit of AC. And I know GameStock car so I think AMS is quite the same. But i'm mainly on pCARS on this one.
Played a bit of AC. And I know GameStock car so I think AMS is quite the same. But i'm mainly on pCARS on this one.
I understand better. It's more a question of habits. If you're reference is pCars, this FFB is far from the original standards of the game. The FFB i try to make is to be able to pass from one game to an another one and find the same "feeling" on some point (understeer, tyre force in corner etc...).
This FFB is more for those with a large experience of simracing I think ;-)

Hi, first of all thank you very much for your efforts. I have a G27 and I tried 2.0 release, using all settings you suggest. I feel the wheele more light and I have a better feeeling in some situations, but I have a big problem: I don't feel the rubber of the wheel on the track, it's like driving on ice, and - another problem - I have identical feeling in dry and rain conditions, even if in dry I have more speed in corner offcourse.
Theese are my G27 setting:
Overall effects strength 90%
Spring Effect Strength 0%
Damper Effect Strenght 0%
Enable centering spring NO
centering spring strenght 0%
combined pedals NO
Degree of Rotation 900%

what can I try? Thank you!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year