Resource icon

Misc Real Tire Lighting!!! 1.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
I'm sorry I said something obvious - for modders - which common people have no idea about and would just replace one with the other and wonder why they messed up.
I'll stop writing stuff in your mods that could help the nonmodding-just-use-stuff-community. Let it rain helpless questions from helpless gamers next time, I'm really sorry.
I just thought it was Common Sense but Now I understand that other people may not understand that is fine, It was a useful Question ,I would just have preferred if you would have asked the question but in a way it did not sound like you have an attitude problem:devilish:
This is the exact Reason why I do not like uploading my work.

What I would have said his,
Hello / or Hi ,,,,, There his there any chance that you could possibly explain to people who have not got a great understanding on how to edit the files, How to retain there car looking great and to still keep,or Want people to keep using this mod.

I'm sorry I said something obvious - for modders - which common people have no idea about and would just replace one with the other and wonder why they messed up.
I'll stop writing stuff in your mods that could help the nonmodding-just-use-stuff-community. Let it rain helpless questions from helpless gamers next time, I'm really sorry.
Then my answer would have been short and simple,
I would have replied in the Mod desription,
For people who have no understanding on how to edit the material files but still want to keep the car material settings as applied by the creator,
Just Copy and Paste the ,Tire/Tread settings into any Materials you wish to apply This mod to,

Which I have updatedddddddddddddddddddddddddd,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:notworthy::poop:

I wonder what attitude you interpret in my first sentence. A negative statement wouldn't include a smiling emoticon from my side, oh well.
Maybe you tend to interpret negative attitudes where none is given *shrug*.

I think a modder is responsible to think as a common gamer who takes stuff as it is and guide him what to do in case XYZ to begin with. But I see, we're different.

I wonder what attitude you interpret in my first sentence. A negative statement wouldn't include a smiling emoticon from my side, oh well.

I think a modder is responsible to think as a common gamer who takes stuff as it is and guide him what to do in case XYZ to begin with. But I see, we're different.
it's not the best advice to replace the materials.xml :D
This is the issue telling people it his not the best advice to download my work,,,, Instead of you asking me to inform people who have not got a great understanding on how to keep all the settings which I would have done,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
It is people just like you who stop people like me bothering just a total negative attitude towards others instead of just trying to help,:cautious:

I think a modder is responsible to think as a common gamer who takes stuff as it is and guide him what to do in case XYZ to begin with. But I see, we're different.[/quot
Just to let you know I saw it like this,
clear.png

it's not the best advice to replace the materials.xml :D
This is a Smile:) , This is Grinning :D
So all I see is you telling people that it his not the best idea to download my work while you are grinning, As my work as something wrong with it,,, This is all I see m8 Jealous , nasty little spitfull rats who have nothing to do apart from wind people up:devilish:

clear.png
This is a Smile:) , This is Grinning :D
So all I see is you telling people that it his not the best idea to download my work while you are grinning, As my work as something wrong with it,,, This is all I see m8 Jealous , nasty little spitfull rats who have nothing to do apart from wind people up:devilish:

OK the mod is back up and available.

Please keep all posts in this thread civil, and treat each other with a bit of respect.

I am re-opening the thread, but if it degenerates again it will be closed permanently.

Thanks

Thank you very much Graham Laing. I think this mod is very beautiful. Perhaps the effect is a bit too strong but overall it is very nice to see in the game. Thanks to all the modders who made this game much better than the original Codemasters!

Slight problem I have with this is that as the tire wear increases over a few laps, a set of ghost-like wet tread grooves start to appear underneath the options...

Slight problem I have with this is that as the tire wear increases over a few laps, a set of ghost-like wet tread grooves start to appear underneath the options...

Are you using another tyre or graphics mod?

I'm running this on one of the cars at the moment on a vanilla generics file and have not had any problems with what you have described at all.

I do have Vlasovas's Dual boot Pirelli mod installed yes ML.That only uses the generic render_materials.xml rather than the materials.xml that runs through each individual car folder so I guess I thought there would be no conflict... Other than that issue above it improves the tires nicely. Just looking for a fix if possible guys.

Vlas has redone the textures for the tyre treads, they were pretty awesome.

What this does is adjust the reflective properties from the tyres, so it might be that it is showing up Vlas's tyre wear that he improved a touch more.

WOW! Just tested and all i can say is WOW... AWESOME! Are you working on more lighting effects?
Been working on a BTCC Touring Car Championship for rFactor 2 for over 2 weeks and installed Maya 2014 earlier , Cleaned all my desktop and files come to find it after I set Maya up and it was gone LOL:-(
i Have Just restarted it , Only wanted Maya because the Ford Focus ST ,i Was working on I seen an advert on TV where it turns from a standard ST into the Mat Jackson BTCC ST and I seen an Airwaves chewy carton next to his gear shifter so I was going to build that and Animate it so when driving the car you could see it rattle, Worst thing about it I spent 2 Days, on The audio from a Focus ST on a rolling road video I found,,, :sleep:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 377 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%