Real-Time Racing

Bram

Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
Have you ever dreamt of becoming a real race driver? In case it didn’t work out, you are now given the next best opportunity! This summer you might race against REAL professionals in REAL cars on the REAL tracks, and…..in REAL-time from behind your PC! This is made possible with a patented technology developed by iOpener (www.iopenermedia.com). In the coming weeks 5,000 registered people worldwide will be asked to become beta-testers for the first iOpener Enabled game at the Real-time Racing Portal; www.real-timeracing.com. This is also the web address where one has to subscribe to make a chance to be selected as beta-tester. The selected testers will experience the next generation of gaming first hand!

The launch of the Real-time Racing Portal this summer will be accompanied by a brand new section on the RaceDepartment Forum, which will be guided by official Real-time Racing crew. Here everyone will have the chance to read what the beta testers have to say and are experiencing!

We would say: “Go subscribe and try to beat the professional!”

I think it's justa a matter of time before we see this technology in our current games. It has some obstacles to overcome but has major potential. Finally something really new with groundbreaking new technology.

Its not described in the requirements that you need it, but i guess a good pc is needed

I am really curious when the beta starts up. Who of you guys have subscribed as well?

Yes, then we can organise some beta events maybe :) TS on, sipping coffee, spotting bugs :)

• Kyle Evers

So could anyone explain this to me? Or link me an article explaining it?

Like are the real cars on the virtual grid with you? What is the base game, if there is one?

I signed up for this.

Just got an email to day with some youtube video linked from it.

Was displaying real-world vs Real-Time racing........and it just looks like an rFactor mod.

But i guess they`re not actually developing a game as such, just a means of racing real drivers in real-time in a simulation format.

Personally, i dont see the point in it, as as soon as you interact with the other drivers cars, its no longer real-world.

Just interested to see what comes of this :)

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 117 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 158 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 302 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 432 39.6%