Real Road

Ok, i know some of you don't even know rF2 and don't have idea what i'm talking about...

I'm talking about the Real Road technology created by ISI, the rubbered line most drivers use during an event, just like in real life, that line has a lot more grip than the outside lines...

Last edited:
Ok, i know some of you don't even know rF2 and don't have idea what i'm talking about...

I'm talking about the Real Road technology created by ISI, the rubbered line most drivers use during an event, just like in real life, that line has a lot more grip than the outside lines...
But anyone in rf2 is using realistic grip build up time progression, or most speed it up? Because for a big part of the time, the asphalted roads don't build up grip so fast, and after too much was built up, the grip gets worse due to rubber marbles.
In one of kunos' youtube streams, he said they don't have plans for it now, and that they would need to boost up the effect to be noticeable, because irl maybe it takes more time to make some effect as how is usually portrayed in games.

Are there some good examples or data/video from real life to compare with iracing and rfactor2 real road?

I think Kunos would be more inclined for dynamic road grip in case they bring rain weather.

In rF2 you can load a rubbered line (from previous sessions), of course it takes lots of time to rubber in normal speed, and that's what is used in most leagues. For sure it will get better, but right now there's no opponent to them on this, after you drive with real road it's hard to go back. That's why i want to know if someone knows anything about something like this for AC...

No, nothing like that has been officially announce and I doubt it would help with the racing itself.
Rather making online races worse because when people go offline to overtake they'd have less grip and potentially cause even more wrecks :roflmao:

The thing that seems to really affect F1 races is marbles basically making the track narrower. I think adding those to the track evolution would be a good step. But like you've all pointed out we wouldn't see those kind of build ups in the lifespan of most online races.

Well, track can rubber up pretty good with, let's say, 25 cars lapping during one hour. From my experience in Karting, on practice session on green tracks the line gets pretty rubbered and after 2 or 3 hours your times get 4/5 seconds faster. Also in rF2 you have options to save real road from practice to qualify and from qualify to race, it's "naturally progressing" option from session to session. Some sessions last around 3 hours since people start lapping on practice.

There is no RF2 style rubber build-up atm, and afaik there hasn't been any recent news about it's coming to AC. Considering the absence of brake temp etc., I wouldn't say the real road model is currently high on the devs' list.

There is grip build up in AC now but the grip is increased on the entire surface, as a function of # of cars doing # of laps. Whether it's realistic or not highly depends on the settings on the server. On some servers the grip builds up too fast, and on others the grip may hardly improve the entire race.

I wouldn't say that rf2 real feel isn't nice/important/useful, but being a driver no so good, I personally haven't been able to make use of these dynamic stuff well.

Yes, it's great, and you should give it some time, it's amazing how everything changes in rF2 and you as a driver need to adapt ;)
How do you need to adapt? it gives you more grip on the racing line... thats it... iracing did it soooo much better than rF2, because the track temperature changes with cars and with the position of the sun (hot rubber is up to no good), so you actually can lose grip on the ideal line. There you need to adapt, in rF2 it is the same as in AC. You just get more grip on the line you will run anyways. Don't talk about it, like it changes everything, because it just ads more grip. You get that in AC, but the only difference is, that in AC the whole track rubbers up...

[QUOTE="Blaž Mrak, post: 2120917, member: 14333as ]How do you need to adapt? it gives you more grip on the racing line... thats it... iracing did it soooo much better than rF2, because the track temperature changes with cars and with the position of the sun (hot rubber is up to no good), so you actually can lose grip on the ideal line. There you need to adapt, in rF2 it is the same as in AC. You just get more grip on the line you will run anyways. Don't talk about it, like it changes everything, because it just ads more grip. You get that in AC, but the only difference is, that in AC the whole track rubbers up...[/QUOTE]
So you can feel the track changing temperature as it eats up? Wow! You must have a special pc to be able to do that.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 354 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 249 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%