Self Aligning Torque - 65%
Wheel Friction - 0%
Tyre Friction -0%
Suspension -50%
Tyre Slip -50%
Collision -65%
Soft Lock -65%
Steering Center -68%

These settings are absolutely brilliant, at first the wheel feels very light ... but you can feel what the car is doing, when you are losing grip and it just feels intuitive. Best Dirt G27 FFB settings I have used by a mile and I am driving a lot faster.

-

Looks like random result (which doesn't imply bad one). You missed essential settings to achieve the best simulation of steering wheel. Settings bellow are valid for all simulations I know.

Overall Effects Strength - set to 107% to achieve FFB response as linear as possible
Spring Effects Strenght - set to 0 to not cortically dull FFB effects
Damper Effect Strength - set to 0 to not cortically dull FFB effects

Enable Centre Spring - Yes - but set to 0% (as above)
Degrees of Rotation - 900, then use in-game calibration tool. It's the way how to get realistic wheel rotation. You can affect response a bit by setting linearity. Usually 0 is OK. But there are some cars which are too nervous to me. Then I have to set linearity to lower value.

Additionally check "Allow game to change settings" checkbox

With such system driver settings, you can start to tune up in-game ones.

Looks like random result (which doesn't imply bad one). You missed essential settings to achieve the best simulation of steering wheel. Settings bellow are valid for all simulations I know.

Overall Effects Strength - set to 107% to achieve FFB response as linear as possible
Spring Effects Strenght - set to 0 to not cortically dull FFB effects
Damper Effect Strength - set to 0 to not cortically dull FFB effects

Enable Centre Spring - Yes - but set to 0% (as above)
Degrees of Rotation - 900, then use in-game calibration tool. It's the way how to get realistic wheel rotation. You can affect response a bit by setting linearity. Usually 0 is OK. But there are some cars which are too nervous to me. Then I have to set linearity to lower value.

Additionally check "Allow game to change settings" checkbox

With such system driver settings, you can start to tune up in-game ones.
the ones you describe here are more the ones I am used to .. but trust me ... try the ones I posted ... this guy drives Rally cars for a living ... the wheel feels very light to begin with but after about a minute you realise you can make the car do exactly what you want to do and the level of feel you get is amazing ... utterly superb settings ... I am going to try them in other titles .. for now they have totally transformed my Dirt Rally experience ...by far the best settings I have tried for the G27 and I have tried many

Logitech Profiler
Overall Effects Strength - 57%
Spring Effects Strenght - 100%
Damper Effect Strength - 100%

Enable Centre Spring - Yes - 99%
Degrees of Rotation - 655

Wheel Friction - 0%
Tyre Friction -0%
Suspension -50%
Tyre Slip -50%
Collision -65%
Soft Lock -65%
Steering Center -68%

These settings are absolutely brilliant, at first the wheel feels very light ... but you can feel what the car is doing, when you are losing grip and it just feels intuitive. Best Dirt G27 FFB settings I have used by a mile and I am driving a lot faster.
-

So I've been trying this out (I have my Impact mod installed), and while I found your settings to be a little flat on the feedback (I like alot of feedback, hence Impact!), I ended up with

Logitech Profiler
Overall Effects Strength - 107%
Spring Effects Strenght - 100%

Enable Centre Spring - Yes - 99%
Degrees of Rotation - 655

Wheel Friction - 20%
Tyre Friction - 20%
Suspension -50%
Tyre Slip -50%
Collision -65%
Soft Lock -65%
Steering Center -68%

I gotta say, I was not expecting this to go well when I read the settings. I used 107/0/0/no center with 380 degrees of rotation.
After the first go, which did not go well (especially as I have my damage mod installed too LOL), but the second run was much better. and it kept FEELING better too
I thought the large rotation would be too much, but really it feels no different, just more responsive and more point-and-shoot! Im going to spend the rest of the night on these, then switch back to my old settings and see what I think.

So far I am amazed at how different this makes the car feel. Definate KUDOS

TemplarGFX - did you switch your soft lock ON? I found the steering lock way too large and unresponsive in the centre. I had to tweak the linearity.
Softlock is OFF

Ive been putting in some runs with this and I have tweaked it more to my liking, but its much better than my old setup!

I'm running (Impact Mod installed)
Code:
Logitech Profiler 
Overall Effects Strength - 107%
Spring Effects Strength - 100%

Enable Centre Spring - Yes - 50% 
Degrees of Rotation - 501

Game
Self Aligning Torque - 80%
Wheel Friction - 30%
Tyre Friction - 30%
Suspension -65%
Tyre Slip -50%
Collision -65%
Soft Lock -65% (OFF)
Steering Center -68%

I think its the combination of larger rotation, SAT and the centering spring all combined, but I find the car much easier to control, especially on tarmac when drifting and bumpy areas.

It did take a fair bit to get used to, I found I was under or over steering alot, but as it became natural I started improving alot

It also depends on what camera view you drive on and what FOV you have. It has big impact on steering input. The lower the FOV the higher the sensitivity and vice versa. Your Degrees of Rotation are much lower than Stig's DiRT Rally Cousin's 655 so that explains why you turned soft lock OFF ;)

It also depends on what camera view you drive on and what FOV you have. It has big impact on steering input. The lower the FOV the higher the sensitivity and vice versa. Your Degrees of Rotation are much lower than Stig's DiRT Rally Cousin's 655 so that explains why you turned soft lock OFF ;)

I never turned soft lock on. Its always been off. I lowered from the 655 because I used to drive at 270, and only recently moved to 380 for more control. 655 was just a bit too much hand-over-hand action for me

I agree with you, to drive realistic Soft Lock ON setting the FOV would have to be very low or or sensitivity set much higher. This is only a game after all, people with pads and keyboards can be on top of LB ;)

Hmm. So looks like it works in opposite way.
I have no idea why. I always use lower FOVs than most players do (means lower than defaults) but cannot say the movement is more sudden than expected. I'm using G25 with 900* set, allowing game to control max rotation (soft lock). In-game steering sensitivity is set to zero. And I can feel it feasible comparing to my expectations about rally cars. Anyway cars are drivable for sure. Some of them have still too lazy steering. Other are more rapid. But all acceptable as for real driver.

Maybe we have different drving styles :) I have to set my FOV a little bit higher because on low FOV I tend to miss my braking points and I don't feel the speed. With high FOV there is a rush, and I'm sweating :)

I agree with you, to drive realistic Soft Lock ON setting the FOV would have to be very low or or sensitivity set much higher. This is only a game after all, people with pads and keyboards can be on top of LB ;)

I run at 70 Degree FOV, with my 46" TV a mere 5cm behind the wheel in dashcam mode. Perhaps this helps to make these settings feel so good?

I have not tried this with the softlock off ... how does it differentiate on / off ? ... as a base ... I love absolutely love these settings ... the extra degs of rotation are just perfect ... I find myself intuitively doing things with the wheel I have never before ... I am a lot faster

I have not tried this with the softlock off ... how does it differentiate on / off ? ... as a base ... I love absolutely love these settings ... the extra degs of rotation are just perfect ... I find myself intuitively doing things with the wheel I have never before ... I am a lot faster

With Soft-Lock turned on, the cars total degrees of rotation are controlled by the car model. The Mini has 900 Degrees of Rotation for example. Im not sure how it functions if your Logitech setting are lower than 900 degrees

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 262 13.6%