PC1 Real life weather settings?

Hi all,

It seems that this game is enjoyed by a lot of people, though it has a few little spots that need to be cleaned.

What I also see, is that some features are not as they were told to us. One of those things is the weather system. Very nice graphics, and very nice to feel it getting harder to get grip as there is more water on the track. That is all very good.

But Andy Tudor said in an interview that we can simulate "historic" situations from the past. I find that to be very nice, and pretty possible. So I went off to google the historic (!!) GP of Belgium, 1998. The date was august 30th 1998. I went into PCARS, and wanted to see if it was true.

There was the problem... I could only set a date when I had fixed weather, and I could not go any futher in time then 2012.

I don't find this to be a very big deal, but there are other things said in interviews that are not met. And it is sad this feature isn't fully supported, because I love to recreate some real situations in racegames/sims.
This is not even a bug, but just a not included, promised feature.

What do you guys think? I'm just a little disapointed because this was one thing I looked forward to.
Again, not a very big deal, and I'm not trying to dump down on this title. I just wanted to share a frustration with this game.

Here is the interview where Andy went very deep into the subject at 4:20

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back