Real Head Motion settings in VR

• Deleted member 197115

Hi guys,
Can anyone share his settings in VR ? I struggle a bit with them...
Thx in advance.
For VR you only need pitch and roll filter, everything else zeroed out. I've recently just switched to AC lock to horizon, pretty much the same effect, except does not impact performance as much as RHM. But if you like RHM, here you go.
upload_2019-3-17_19-29-16.png

• Deleted member 197115

BTW, seems like CM/Shader Neck FX has been silently fixed for VR.
Give it a try.

For VR you only need pitch and roll filter, everything else zeroed out. I've recently just switched to AC lock to horizon, pretty much the same effect, except does not impact performance as much as RHM.
I've recently switched as well after suddenly getting hit-and-miss performance from RHM, which I previously loved. For some reason it now won't load every time with CM, and even when it does it's hard to tell if it's actually working or not.
'Lock to horizon' is just digital on/off with no balancing between cockpit and environment possible, so isn't as good as a well-tuned RHM, but at least I know it's active and working 100% of the time.
No idea why RHM started playing up after working flawlessly for so long. Maybe a CM or shader patch update borked it.
I must remember to ask ilja if he could add some tuning options to 'lock to horizon' so that we can tweak to effect for personal preference.

• Deleted member 197115

Haven't played with settings yet, left at default at the moment, they worked pretty well so far.
It was a surprise for me it was fixed for VR without anything in release notes.
I am on shader 49, btw, anything above is a big performance hog.

• Deleted member 197115

Yes, of course, "lock to horizon" should be off as well as CM integration with RHM.
Ilya is genius.:thumbsup:
upload_2019-4-1_17-59-2.png

How do you set the Neck VR? I mean what setting you use, I tried with it and it felt like the car was fixed and world was going wild outside the windscreen. I could't drive like that, this was at the default settings.

Tried Neck FX in VR, it's not working as of current. Maybe it's due to the Windows 2004 update, but RHM is also no longer working: have bad stuttering. Only fix for me now is the 'lock to horizon' function of AC. Hope Windows will fix this, or CSP or RHM. I hate that 'lock to horizon' eliminates any natural movement you would expect like driving a real car your eyes give some stabilization but not completely.

• Deleted member 197115

Neck FX never worked properly for VR. Try new version of RHM for ACC, it has lesser performance overhead and does work in VR for AC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neck FX never worked properly for VR. Try new version of RHM for ACC, it has lesser performance overhead and does work in VR for AC.
the very first line of the q&a in your link says "does it work in vr?" "no."

I am sorry to revive an old thread, but I have been going round-and-round trying to determine the best setting for VR immersion in AC. I have tried multiple recommendations but I am not positive what programs and settings have been updated since. Here is what I have tried:
- RHM (with various recommended settings provided by users online)
- Neck FX in CM (with various recommended settings provided by users online)
- Selecting "Lock-to-horizon" in CM

Unfortunately, I think I have some setting that are creating a conflict, as the "world shaking" is quite high. As of October 2022, can someone confirm the following:
- RHM is working for AC
- NeckFX in CM does not work for VR and therefore RHM is still preferred
- When using RHM, "uncheck" "lock to horizon" to prevent conflicts
- Activate "RealHeadMotion" in CM
- "Uncheck" any NeckFX in CM
- Use the setting below in RHM
Are there any other settings I need to check/change to get everything working together?

Attachments

• RHM.jpg
    RHM.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 152
I have a radical setup and it is the best I have used so far.
AC "Lock to Horizon" set to OFF
RHM Pitch Filter set to 0% Min ANGLE set to 10
RHM Roll Filter set to 0% Min ANGLE set to 15
Everything else on 0

This locks your eyes to the car but allows them to stay on the horizon until the car rolls or pitches up to the Min Angles. This means you see/feel the car moving and can sense the bumps and curbs better, but your eyes remain focused in front. The biggest advantage I found was that in a crash you can still tell where you are instead of just having a jumbled mess of visuals.

Attachments

• RHM Best Settings.jpg
    RHM Best Settings.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline