Real Head Motion settings in VR

Loregan

25RPM
Jul 27, 2017
Hi guys,
Can anyone share his settings in VR ? I struggle a bit with them...
Thx in advance.

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
Hi guys,
Can anyone share his settings in VR ? I struggle a bit with them...
Thx in advance.
For VR you only need pitch and roll filter, everything else zeroed out. I've recently just switched to AC lock to horizon, pretty much the same effect, except does not impact performance as much as RHM. But if you like RHM, here you go.
upload_2019-3-17_19-29-16.png

Reactions: Andrew

Mascot

Card-carrying mod whore
Jul 13, 2014
For VR you only need pitch and roll filter, everything else zeroed out. I've recently just switched to AC lock to horizon, pretty much the same effect, except does not impact performance as much as RHM.
I've recently switched as well after suddenly getting hit-and-miss performance from RHM, which I previously loved. For some reason it now won't load every time with CM, and even when it does it's hard to tell if it's actually working or not.
'Lock to horizon' is just digital on/off with no balancing between cockpit and environment possible, so isn't as good as a well-tuned RHM, but at least I know it's active and working 100% of the time.
No idea why RHM started playing up after working flawlessly for so long. Maybe a CM or shader patch update borked it.
I must remember to ask ilja if he could add some tuning options to 'lock to horizon' so that we can tweak to effect for personal preference.

Mascot

Card-carrying mod whore
Jul 13, 2014
It's there already.
Neck FX, my post above yours, now works in VR as well.
Ooh.. interesting.
Got any recommended settings that match your 90 roll/90 pitch RHM profile? I also used to run RHM in VR with those parameters.

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
Haven't played with settings yet, left at default at the moment, they worked pretty well so far.
It was a surprise for me it was fixed for VR without anything in release notes.
I am on shader 49, btw, anything above is a big performance hog.

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
Yes, of course, "lock to horizon" should be off as well as CM integration with RHM.
Ilya is genius.:thumbsup:
upload_2019-4-1_17-59-2.png

Mascot

Card-carrying mod whore
Jul 13, 2014
I'm trying to get my head around the various settings but they're a little confusing. Anyone worked them out yet?

Chrhun

250RPM
Feb 25, 2019
How do you set the Neck VR? I mean what setting you use, I tried with it and it felt like the car was fixed and world was going wild outside the windscreen. I could't drive like that, this was at the default settings.

maxsteep

1RPM
Premium
Jan 23, 2019
Neck FX VR seems broken now. Regardless of settings anywhere its as if lock to horizon is disabled

HugoB

500RPM
Premium
Sep 6, 2017
Tried Neck FX in VR, it's not working as of current. Maybe it's due to the Windows 2004 update, but RHM is also no longer working: have bad stuttering. Only fix for me now is the 'lock to horizon' function of AC. Hope Windows will fix this, or CSP or RHM. I hate that 'lock to horizon' eliminates any natural movement you would expect like driving a real car your eyes give some stabilization but not completely.

Andrew_WOT

4000RPM
May 11, 2014
Neck FX never worked properly for VR. Try new version of RHM for ACC, it has lesser performance overhead and does work in VR for AC.

Last edited: