Real Head Motion Question

I have installed RHM v1.0.4.2, along with RHD Starter.
Can someone please explain the difference between "Steer Look Ahead L/R" on the main page,
and "Look Left Right Angle" on the Look Options page?

Also some suggestions for fairly mild settings.
I don't drift and have just started with AC.
I have already found with my current naive RHM settings, that looking into the corner has improved my times.
However, I find I am getting slight motion sickness after only 10-20 minutes. :(

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Yep, that's the sort of thing I was getting at. I see that it can be used for streaming, but is it possible to link this to tracking software, which would normally be used for head tracking? Or does it come with software which does something similar?

Ok, Rasmus ... it is possible.... should you use them ?

I shouldn't ... I prefer my vision ( even with glasses and ocular tension ) than still unknown problems due to those lenses.
Absolutely not! :sick:

I saw Tobii in some game's settings menus lately! Iirc Assassin's Creeds now support it. Quite a strange game for it I'd think...

@Denis Betty I know that I've seen some racing games support it directly. Codemasters games, I believe. I have also seen some Elite Dangerous tests on YouTube I think.
Ok thanks, yes I was just reading the web site. Infinite screen "Your eyes direct the in-game camera, immersing you in the game world by automatically moving the screen according to where you look."

Was reading about FoV again last night, also this thread. One thing which struck a chord with me was, with racing sims, or so the story goes, is that unnatural movements (such as turning your head but keeping your eyes on the screen) MAY (just possibly, for some people) confuse the issue a touch - for instance when the car starts to slide.... ie. the back wheels step out, say.

I had track IR 5, but I didn't get on with it. I liked the sensation, but I felt I was slower using it. I later tried another, cheaper head tracking system, but found the same issue. Recently, I bought a used Rift and FOR ME, I didn't feel that the same could be said. I've only tested my times on a few combos, just quickly, but they seem very close to monitor times.

I guess what I'm trying to say, is that it'd be interesting to see some empirical data, on how head tracking and eye tracking perform - in lap times, I mean. I guess that's unlikely though. :(

@Denis Betty I can only tell you that my pace is more or less the same with or without headtracking, but that doesn't really tell you much with my pace. I feel kinda slower and less comfortable with headtracking, possibly making more mistakes, especially at the exit of the corner (due to that slight loss of the point of reference when it comes to what the rear of the car is doing, especially as the head turns back straight ahead), but on the other hand, entering the corner definitely feels better with headtracking as I can see the apex/corner better in relation to where my car is.

I've stopped using headtracking lately mainly to try to (re)gain a bit of pace as I thought my consistently diminishing performance might've been caused by that (yep, didn't really work) and also to save some CPU power (it doesn't require much but I was fishing for literally percents lately), but I've been thinking of trying it again now that I solved the CPU problems and I'm still slow as ever (so might as well) ;)

I'm now sure that headtracking doesn't really help getting faster ... a very few hundreds or maybe tens due to the best view of the apex .... and that's all.
And finally ... I think it's the same with triple monitors ... you feel better, more at ease, it is more realistic, it helps a bit, and it makes you happy for a while .... as you still wish more.

But many slower players who began to use VR are saying that it improves laptimes.
I may believe it as my team mate improved his own laptimes after a time of adaptation to it.

But a slow driver will remain rather slow while some drivers are very quick with a standard 24" monitor, an old G25 and even an office chair at their desk.

Conclusion: yes I'm slow but .... as long as I'm pleased ... that's fine !
And I feel that's the same for Martin. ;) ... even if he's faster than I am. @Martin Fiala

I agree with that, single monitor, triple monitor, 144hz triples and wide screen, none have improved
my lap time except VR. it seems to put me in the car and everything seems so much more natural compared with screens. Unfortunately I cannot do a back to back as I do not own one.:)

Somebody told me they were slower in VR, but everybody else says they're quicker. I'm really slack, I need to get mine set up properly. Had a virus last weekend, but will sort it once I feel completely better. Still feel a bit woosie on single screen ATM. :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back