Real Effect Dust Fire Smoke

Need Light Blue effect. I think :)

101166389.jpg

• Mark Schuttenhelm

the smoke in the vid is a bit to slow i think .. if U know what i mean .. can't explain in english i am afraid

Gravel Effect! (Soon...)

Gravel effect looks great. Except for the colour as evident in the real pic, but hopefully that's not hard to fix (unless it's also meant to suit dirt and grass surfaces, in which case it's a good choice).
Is is possible to have different effects for dirt, gravel and grass?

As for the fire effect, I think the particle lasts too long. After it shrinks it seems to grow again. I think it should disappear after it shrinks, and each fire particle should last at most 2 seconds. That should make it look a little more realistic. The texture itself also looks.. too red maybe? Would be great if someone could make a better fire texture.

Hope you don't mind the criticism. I've done some effects work on a completely different game so maybe that makes me "nitpicky" (or whatever) when it comes to this :D

Anyway good job. Been using your addon for a long time now :)

Yes Maddmatt, you absolutely right!
Fire not realistic, I know, but this is maximum possible.

Is is possible to have different effects for dirt, gravel and grass? - :( No, just only one file for gravel, grass, dust.

Gravel effect coming, little fix needed, dush, broun, color and ready to release :)

• Gonzalo Diez

continue making this good work, it looks better and better

The fire makes a trail of red and orange, makes it look odd. Maybe you could reduce the length of the trails?
Also, beacuse of the chemicals etc. in the tires, you may have to add a very slight tint to it, as forementioned, a blue-ish tinge should do it.

This mod is awesome otherwise. I won't use it yet though, as I need to get used to game itself before I start attacking it with mods as I usually do :p

I wanted to send this as a PM but I need at least 15 posts before I can do that...

It looks like you can modify just about anything about the effects in the specialeffects.tec file. It looks like you can also set different effects for different surfaces like gravel, sand, grass, brick...

I don't know if modifying it will cause issues online though.

I decrypted it, you can download it from: specialfx.zip - Race 07 effects file - Dedicated Web Hosting Service (since I see another mod that uses this file on RSC I assume it's ok for me to post this?)
Note to everyone: this download is only of use to a modder, it's not going to change anything in your game as it is.

It goes in "\race 07\GameData\Locations".

Maybe you will find that useful :)
Just hope it works online..

There is the "stunning rainfx" mod on RSC so if that works online without issues then this will too, since it's based on the same file.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%