Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Can anyone confirm that it is safe to let Steam update motogp 17 with the latest patch (last Thursday) and that by doing so it will not mess up the functionality of existing mod. s etc.? Thanks in advance.

Damn.. I'm running a legends championship and was kinda hyped... :D
Have a try in a quick race or something... In theory, is the same thing for the category:

Moto 3 = 125cc / 250cc
Moto 2 = 500cc
MotoGP = 4 Stroke Legends

The diferences between them is just the engine power and/or torque... But the AI behavior is the same...

By the way, i changed the dificulties only of the legends. They're with AI maximum hability.I had to change that in the main categories to make them a bit more easy, because i was having pain in my hands trying to be perfect at every corner and in the race we must ride more "relaxed" and saving the tires).

Last edited:
This mod is awesome, reminds me old SBK2001 physics.
I love how rear tyre works on accel and braking.
Front tyre and corner grip I think its too high (less corner speed would be gr8), I feel it too fast compared to real life. I know this is real challenge, but would be great to make this mod even more realistic for 100% simu fans also.
The kerbs grip are very good, I think this is very realistic because real riders never touch them when the bike is inclined to the corners.
I can't stop playing dude, very good job.

Just 1 little question, how can I change analogic gamepad sensitivity with this game? I use ps2 controller with USB adapter. I can't lean the bike as fast as I want because it takes little bit time to turn on the corners and I would need more accurate response of the pad.
Thanks

Thank you for your feedback!

About the corner grip, it is that way because the lean angle of the bike is proportional to the side grid... So to get a visually realistic inclination i had to put a value that increases the corner speed... I'll see what can i do about this.

About the sensitivity, i really don't know... there is some configs in the files about input but i never felt any difference changing those values.

I had a joypad like this before and the best thing that i make was find a joypad of nowadays.

Cheers!

For me personally, whilst it has been very interesting to sample physics version 1.0A, I am sticking with Beta version 3.0 as I feel (from my "seat of the pants" perspective) it gives me more of a challenge on braking and corner entry.

Also, to help compensate for the high level of challenge on corner entry and braking, version 3.0 for me at least, gives more feedback and "feel" from the front end when trail braking and progressively leaning over into the corner..same goes for trail braking on the rear also I think. I think my preference is perhaps because I tend to be a "front end" type of rider (player) whilst other will not feel or perhaps enjoy this sensation as much?

Where I think version 1.0A scores for many is when you are using cockpit cam or helmet cam and you are unable to visually gauge as much what the front and rear end of the bike is doing..version 1.0A lends itself to the onboard view(s) quite nicely I think.

This is just my personal opinion of course. I just love a high challenge on the brakes..

Interesting work Dyego. Thanks. :)

Last edited:
It's perfect! The only thing for me that annoys me a bit is the fact that when i break under extreme leaning the bike kinda picks it self up and i go wide, i don't know if that's realistic or not but it's my only complain! Keep at it!

@girlracerTracey,
Don't worry, i know the difference between constructive criticism and just a nonsense complain. :p

May you do a test for me? If you know how, go to some MGP bike and increase it's brakeforce (it is 3000 for front and 1400 for rear, increase them to 3400 and 1600 respectively) and tell me if you get back the responsiveness.

@CrashBandicoot,
As far as i know about riding, it's a crime uses the front brakes under full leaning... you need at least get up the bike a bit to use it again or you will fall. So if you looses the braking point (remember in this mod they're not the same of real life) you probably will go wide, because you can't compensate braking with the front brakes near the apex. You can delay the braking point and be VEEEEEERY smooth to not fall or lost the front-end (Marquez's style), or you can brake early to start to accel early too (Lorenzo's style). You can use the rear brake, but if use it with much power the rear can slide out.

In this 1.0A i was trying to reach a more realistic brake points, but what i've get was just to be more easy to brake... I'm polishing the AI behavior now and will release a update soon. I probably will increase the brake power of the bikes (waiting a positive answer of you @girlracerTracey) and you @CrashBandicoot will probably suffer a little more because of this. But this difficulty in leaning and braking and get out of corners with power without get a highside is were the challenge lies! Hope you understand... :unsure:

By the way, @Marçal Bonet Andreu, I changed some things to make the bike more slow inside the curves. Visually to me i didn't see any difference but in matters of time i lost almost 1 sec per a lap.

Cheers!

diego i tried your last mod and you has made a good work, if you accept tips the main focus you can look for your next updates is to concentrate your steps on how can you made the acceleration less brutal like in this update the phisics are good also in breaking but the acceleration on exit the curve is yet too quickly kinda brutal if you are able to reduce it the mod can be fantastic in this modern MotoGP the secret is not how to breaking but how you can be gently on the right handle,cause new MotoGP bikes driving is a sort of 90 degree angle driving you breake til the middle of the curve and quickly open gas handle but more you are gently more you not spin the tires expecially the rear, i has seen many onboard laps recently and heard bikes sounds mutch more smoothly than before exit the curves

@girlracerTracey,
May you do a test for me? If you know how, go to some MGP bike and increase it's brakeforce (it is 3000 for front and 1400 for rear, increase them to 3400 and 1600 respectively) and tell me if you get back the responsiveness.
Cheers!

Hi Dyego, yeah for sure I will do this braking test for you. It may take me a few days or so but I will give you some feedback on this as soon as I can. I appreciate the opportunity to give you my feedback on this.

All i would say is that to an extent your physics mod needs to be "approachable" to all so if I am the only one feeling this and everyone else is happy with the braking parameters then that's fine by me. I can run my own "personalised" parameters on this. Also from the onboard view this sort of thing is a little more difficult to sense & feel I think. I use the chase view as I have raced in and organised multiple motogp online leagues since 2013. As it was impossible (thanks Milestone..!) to lock the lobbies to "onboard" we all raced on the "chase" view to remain competitive. BUT I am just as happy if not happier racing "onboard". It's arguably more realistic.. Problem is it is even more challenging to manage the beta 3.0 trail braking when riding "onboard". So maybe you did need to take an edge off it to make it approachable and "user-friendly"..?

Anyway, I am very happy with the overall physics mod that's for sure.. ;)

Last edited:
diego i tried your last mod and you has made a good work, if you accept tips the main focus you can look for your next updates is to concentrate your steps on how can you made the acceleration less brutal like in this update the phisics are good also in breaking but the acceleration on exit the curve is yet too quickly kinda brutal if you are able to reduce it the mod can be fantastic in this modern MotoGP the secret is not how to breaking but how you can be gently on the right handle,cause new MotoGP bikes driving is a sort of 90 degree angle driving you breake til the middle of the curve and quickly open gas handle but more you are gently more you not spin the tires expecially the rear, i has seen many onboard laps recently and heard bikes sounds mutch more smoothly than before exit the curves
I think you probably will sense a improvement in the new version (i think i will release it this week). I pass hours watching onboard cameras trying to achieve a realistic sensation...

My method to achieve this is the huge straight of Mugello Circuit. I've choosed the Ducati GP17 to be the starting point in this matter. As the Mugello is the Ducati main track for tests, i assumed the balanced gears (everything in 3 points) for this bike, for this track. I took care to accurate each point of gear change until the top speed of +/-350kmh. In this version (1.0A) i was basing myself in the M1's videos, and they changes the gear to 6th at the start of the grid lines, while ducati changes at the starting line... As the Yamaha have less torque than ducati they're probably using shorter gear ratios. So i reworked this in the new version, and they are more gentle, but still need to have a smooth treatment. :thumbsup:

I think you probably will sense a improvement in the new version (i think i will release it this week). I pass hours watching onboard cameras trying to achieve a realistic sensation...

My method to achieve this is the huge straight of Mugello Circuit. I've choosed the Ducati GP17 to be the starting point in this matter. As the Mugello is the Ducati main track for tests, i assumed the balanced gears (everything in 3 points) for this bike, for this track. I took care to accurate each point of gear change until the top speed of +/-350kmh. In this version (1.0A) i was basing myself in the M1's videos, and they changes the gear to 6th at the start of the grid lines, while ducati changes at the starting line... As the Yamaha have less torque than ducati they're probably using shorter gear ratios. So i reworked this in the new version, and they are more gentle, but still need to have a smooth treatment. :thumbsup:
yeah cool to read so let's go on, i forget to mantion your way to do the gear box ratio and whenever is a good compromise with the new automatic shifting it's a little bit to nearly the changing gear time so you can be able to ride some curves with too high gear than real for example with your mod you can ride the materassi on mugello in third gear than second in real (materassi si the name of the first S curve on mugello :))i like your mod also in cockpit wiew that is my ususally ride wiew

@girlracerTracey,
Don't worry, i know the difference between constructive criticism and just a nonsense complain. :p

@CrashBandicoot,
As far as i know about riding, it's a crime uses the front brakes under full leaning... you need at least get up the bike a bit to use it again or you will fall. So if you looses the braking point (remember in this mod they're not the same of real life) you probably will go wide, because you can't compensate braking with the front brakes near the apex. You can delay the braking point and be VEEEEEERY smooth to not fall or lost the front-end (Marquez's style), or you can brake early to start to accel early too (Lorenzo's style). You can use the rear brake, but if use it with much power the rear can slide out.

In this 1.0A i was trying to reach a more realistic brake points, but what i've get was just to be more easy to brake... I'm polishing the AI behavior now and will release a update soon. I probably will increase the brake power of the bikes (waiting a positive answer of you @girlracerTracey) and you @CrashBandicoot will probably suffer a little more because of this. But this difficulty in leaning and braking and get out of corners with power without get a highside is were the challenge lies! Hope you understand... :unsure:

By the way, @Marçal Bonet Andreu, I changed some things to make the bike more slow inside the curves. Visually to me i didn't see any difference but in matters of time i lost almost 1 sec per a lap.

Cheers!
Ay man! I understand and i kinda knew that it would not be the real thing, but i would like it just because i've gotten used to it all these years, but it's okay! Another thing that i see you will improve is the A.I. They get the best exit ever and as smooth as i am i can't keep up with them, but when we go on the straights i leave em behind to the max! Then on the brakes again, the brakes don't feel "nice" to me. What i mean is, when i break and go down even a gear the rear slides (while trail braking) and i go ultra wide. So what i do is break and then bam bam bam go down the gears, but this not how it should be (in my opinion always :D). So yeah we need to communicate all together and find a balance, it's still early, but it's really nice and enjoyable!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 379 16.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 257 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.0%