Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
Top speed doesn't match reality, 6th gear is too short.
I got 312 on Mugello with Yamaha and 317 with Ducati, while real speeds of this year were 344 for Yamaha and 354 for Ducati.
This problem happens for each track, with different top speeds between the tracks (i think gear ratio is automatically changed by the game based on the track) but for every track it is always too slow compared to real speeds.
Did you try to tune the gear ratios?

Are you trying in the time trial or in a race? Because i've putted the top speeds based on race table of the MotoGP site. This game introduced the dragging effect now. So now we can drag behind another bike to have more acceleration and less air resistance, resulting in a bigger top speed.

I've made the top speeds based on the Qatar track, dragging behind others bikes, so there are the trully top speeds, if i've making the top speeds based only in the force of the bike, in the drag situation you will put unrealistic top speeds...

I recognized, that the AI is way faster in qualifying, but slower in the race. In the qualifying I always finish at the last place (xD), but in the race I always win. The difficulty is set on hard. Did you fix this, or is it a fault by me?
Well, maybe not yet! The problem that you're talking is correctable in de ai_difficulties.bml and i don't made changes there yet. After i correct the splines i'll move to make the race times slower than quali times. Now the mod stills not good to play with tyre wear, because in the simulation the AI is making the same time of the quali.

You probabbly are having this behavior because the difficulties file makes only the quali times be slower and in yhe race the AI is going as fast as they can!

Well, maybe not yet! The problem that you're talking is correctable in de ai_difficulties.bml and i don't made changes there yet. After i correct the splines i'll move to make the race times slower than quali times. Now the mod stills not good to play with tyre wear, because in the simulation the AI is making the same time of the quali.

You probabbly are having this behavior because the difficulties file makes only the quali times be slower and in yhe race the AI is going as fast as they can!
But my problem is, that the AI is very fast in the qualy, but way slower in the race.

Okay, I set the difficulty to "realistic" and now I get along, but the start is very strange. The wheel spinns like there is no tyre adjusted xD Is this caused by the TCS?
Aaaaaand could you please add the feature, that the other riders have more crashes caused by mistakes? Like it is in real life?

But my problem is, that the AI is very fast in the qualy, but way slower in the race.
Sorry, i misunderstood what you told!

It's because i'm focusing in make the AI as good as us in the first place... Then i will make them slower in the race to make sense use the tyre wear.

About the start, i decreased the Launch Control System (LCS), so now it's you who have to control your start.

About the mistakes, i'm tunning this yet. There are some values that makes everyone crash... I'm still learning about it.

Hi Dyego, excellent job, does your mod include also "real life" AI timings for all classes?
Well, to make this i must make changes in the players physics to made the times being realistic as well. But make those changes also makes me to do too much tweaks that makes the game "strange" in my point of view.

So i decided to make my mod just challenging, with realism, but not trying to reach a real life simulation.

Hope you understand.

I am probably stating the obvious Dyego and I am sure you will be aware of this but following Milestone's latest patch update (released yesterday afternoon in the U.K./Europe) I can no longer race a Grand Prix (Quick Race) using your physics mod. Time Trial mode is still accessible using your physics. It seems to be only Grand Prix that are affected.

The add-on tracks (Rez's mods) still work fine for me however.

Just thought I would mention it.

Good old Milestone.. A pretty meaningless patch but more work for the expert modders. ;)

Last edited:
Would someone (Dyego or someone else?) please be kind enough to share with me their previous and relevant files to allow me (if this is possible?) to still use the earlier beta physics versions of this mod? If this is even possible to do post Steam's automatic patch update of yesterday?

(Without these earlier file versions I cannot revert back to the earlier versions of the Real Challenge Physics mod for comparison purposes.)

My fault for forgetting to back-up a pre-patch version of the motogp 17 folder.

Sincere thanks in advance.

grT

Last edited:
Dyego, by not integrating the DB folder (i.e. the DB_IDEALTRACKSTIMES.BML contained therein) from your BETA 3.0 mod files it seems to be working for me again. So I merged your BETA 3.0 mod files with the latest Milestone patched version of motogp17 but excluded your DB folder.

It seems to be working o.k. now for me. I can run races and do Grand Prix this way. Your physics are in the game..

Dyego, by not integrating the DB folder (i.e. the DB_IDEALTRACKSTIMES.BML contained therein) from your BETA 3.0 mod files it seems to be working for me again. So I merged your BETA 3.0 mod files with the latest Milestone patched version of motogp17 but excluded your DB folder.

It seems to be working o.k. now for me. I can run races and do Grand Prix this way. Your physics are in the game..

Great! I'm in a professional business right now... As soon as i can i will get back to update things again! :thumbsup:

Hello everyone,

First of all thanks for your hard work as you managed to change this game to a challenging simulation (what should have been done by the developpers...).
Then I'm too in the same situation with the game crashing when I try loading my rider career or championship season. The only mode which works OK is time trial.

Problem occured right after the latest update from Milestone. Hope yoy could do some magics here :).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 203 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 144 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 257 13.4%