Real Challenge Physics MOD

MGP17 Real Challenge Physics MOD 3.0.1

Login or Register an account to download this content
But how do you do that? If you know how to change the apex I'm pretty sure that you also can figure out how to change the braking points, this is what I'm looking for. I think this is key, if it's how I think it is, this will improve A LOT the gameplay.

Man... i know that i do very good things, but all off that is just trial and error...

Changes with splines just change trail that the AI follows, not the brake points... i just changed the apex to be not in the middle of the kerbs... just that.

I have two questions sir! I haven't tried this mod yet but! 1 is there a chance that i can only get the challenge of the A.I without the physics? And also, can you make another file that will come with the new update that is basically like the normal braking system of the game? It's the way i like it. You know have the sliding and bumpin and everything but the brakes i can fully push without crashing. Because i can't push them lighlty, my controller is broken. Only if it's easy though, thanks!

I have two questions sir! I haven't tried this mod yet but! 1 is there a chance that i can only get the challenge of the A.I without the physics? And also, can you make another file that will come with the new update that is basically like the normal braking system of the game? It's the way i like it. You know have the sliding and bumpin and everything but the brakes i can fully push without crashing. Because i can't push them lighlty, my controller is broken. Only if it's easy though, thanks!
1. You can get just the AI parts of the mod, but will be pointless IMO, because half of the challenge resides in the fact of use trail braking properly and concentrate in not lose the right brake points...

2. Well, is not "difficult", is just boring!

We have 4 propertires to change in 4 different variables:

Properties to change:
- MinCoeff
- FullLeanMinCoeff
- MaxCoeff
- FullLeanMaxCoeff

Variables to change:
- StabilityReductionFrontBrake
- StabilityReductionFrontSlip
- HelpReductionFrontBrake
- HelpReductionFrontSlip

And there is this one that i started to tweak in this version to help the feeling more the differences in the bikes:

- SteadySteerReductionFrontSlip

So, is not difficult because is just change this... is boring because you need to review all fu..in bikes in the game seeking this itens to change them...

So, i'm sorry mate, but i don't want to lose time on this, but feel free to make the changes that you want. Any doubts just say and i help with what i can. :thumbsup:

Hope you understand...

1. You can get just the AI parts of the mod, but will be pointless IMO, because half of the challenge resides in the fact of use trail braking properly and concentrate in not lose the right brake points...

2. Well, is not "difficult", is just boring!

We have 4 propertires to change in 4 different variables:

Properties to change:
- MinCoeff
- FullLeanMinCoeff
- MaxCoeff
- FullLeanMaxCoeff

Variables to change:
- StabilityReductionFrontSlip
- HelpReductionFrontSlip

And there is this one that i started to tweak in this version to help the feeling more the differences in the bikes:

So, is not difficult because is just change this... is boring because you need to review all fu..in bikes in the game seeking this itens to change them...

So, i'm sorry mate, but i don't want to lose time on this, but feel free to make the changes that you want. Any doubts just say and i help with what i can. :thumbsup:

Hope you understand...
I totally understand mate and theres not a problem at all! I gotta say i played with your mod right now and i actually loved it! If you could keep the braking like this then i can get around it! Just don't make it any easier to crash :) I thought it was way easier than sounds, so i'm gonna leave it to the pros! Good luck with the rest of the testing :D

This is to change the rider control of the bike when using front brake
This is to change the grip level of the front wheel when using front brake
so what is this for?

Edit: I noticed that Milestone boys didn't worry about adding a parameter of grip level for each track, that grip level is at DATA/RACE/WEATHERS.BML if I'm not mistaken... so, is there a way to introduce a WEATHERS.BML for each track?

Last edited:
This is to change the rider control of the bike when using front brake
This is to change the grip level of the front wheel when using front brake
so what is this for?

Edit: I noticed that Milestone boys didn't worry about adding a parameter of grip level for each track, that grip level is at DATA/RACE/WEATHERS.BML if I'm not mistaken... so, is there a way to introduce a WEATHERS.BML for each track?

The same of the others, but when you're in a steady movement (like making a long corner). But is just a guess, i saw that this values are different for the bikes who are not factory and i used them to decrease the performance of those bikes.

About the different grips, i tried everything before and can't manage to do nothing. There is a way to variate some things for each track but doens't work for everything.

At the GFXGEM.MIX, there is a file normally called GFXGEM_TRACKS.BML, and inside every track there is some parameters that have a different value for each track. I can add a new one and use it like a variable. An example of his use is in this file DATA\CAMERAS\BIKECAMERAS\REPLAYCAMERAS_MOTOGP.BML. they use it like this:

/${Race.Data/TrackGfxGem/Parameter[TVCameras]}

And this value vary for each track, exactly like we want for track grips, BUT for some reason it not work in the files inside PHYSICS... in fact i've not tried in this game, but all other games that i tried (MGP15, Ride 2 and VRTG) i can't manage to make it work... It works for the AI behavior (in VEHICLES folder), and can be a good thing if you want different AI behaviors for each track.

I saw that file you mentioned, and i not understood waht you see there that have relation with anything about grips...

Thanks for your answer... well, I saw AsphaltWet AsphaltRubber and AsphaltTemperature variables and I thought that it had to do with physics, but I've just realised that it only has to do with graphics :redface: fml

I've seen GFXGEM_TRACKS.BML and can't find any variables or values regarding physics...

We need to talk with Milestone and tell them to add grip for each track in the next patch, all problems will be solved :D

if they only manage to make this (/${Race.Data/TrackGfxGem/Parameter[TVCameras]}) work in the physics path solves our problems already... We can create a new parameter there and point it to wherever we want... :roflmao:

I know you are a busy man but would you be able to point me in the right direction to adjust the speed at which the bike leans from side to side/changes direction? I only want to change this one thing for my own game. As default game feels way to twitchy/over responsive. In your video it looks so much smoother and slower when leaning from side to side.

It's because am I who is being smooth! :p

Changes in this item makes the bike more stable too, so will make the challenge more easy... :unsure:

The variable is leanbasetimefactor. If you want to make the bike harder to change directions, decrease this value. Keep in mind that you have to see all bikes files, because some of them have a specific value for themself.

Last edited:
It's because am I who is being smooth! :p

Changes in this item makes the bike more stable too, so will make the challenge more easy... :unsure:

The variable is leanbasetimefactor. If you want to make the bike harder to change directions, decrease this value. Keep in mind that you have to see all bikes files, because some of them have a specific value for themself.
Thank you for your help. I will try harder to be "Smooth Like Butter" -Jorge Lorenzo :)

I think BETA 2 is interesting in that it gives unique and individual character to each motogp bike (M1, gp17 and rcv..) but I do not have the same feeling of control on the brakes as I felt with BETA 1. I could "cross it up" more on the brakes in the original version and even slide out the back end carefully on corner entry.. Also the anti-wheelie effect cuts in much more on the throttle accelerating through the lower gears while on BETA 1 acceleration feels quite a bit smoother in this respect. So on balance if I am honest I am edging to preferring the feel of the handling with BETA 1 although I can see other advantages with BETA 2. So I'm sort of stuck in the middle really between the two but edging back to BETA 1.. ;)

I think BETA 2 is interesting in that it gives unique and individual character to each motogp bike (M1, gp17 and rcv..) but I do not have the same feeling of control on the brakes as I felt with BETA 1. I could "cross it up" more on the brakes in the original version and even slide out the back end carefully on corner entry.. Also the anti-wheelie effect cuts in much more on the throttle accelerating through the lower gears while on BETA 1 acceleration feels quite a bit smoother in this respect. So on balance if I am honest I am edging to preferring the feel of the handling with BETA 1 although I can see other advantages with BETA 2. So I'm sort of stuck in the middle really between the two but edging back to BETA 1.. ;)

Have a try at this new version, i tweaked some things and i thing it is pretty cool now!

I was working on a new asset to the BML Editor, and was not able to work more in the mod. But i'm about to release the new version and will continue my work int this mod. I'm trying to fix some behaviors of the AI, so if they are "weird", don't worry, i'm already working on it! :roflmao:

Great work again mate, I only wish something could be done about the blasted A.I rail-roading me off the track. they just plow on lol hope Milestone address this.

Have a try at this new version, i tweaked some things and i thing it is pretty cool now!

I was working on a new asset to the BML Editor, and was not able to work more in the mod. But i'm about to release the new version and will continue my work int this mod. I'm trying to fix some behaviors of the AI, so if they are "weird", don't worry, i'm already working on it! :roflmao:

I love it! Brilliant update.

I have my sense of control of braking back from front & rear on corner entry. Plus an enhanced overall feel in terms of feedback from the bike and an enhanced level of challenge. The feel on the brakes and the throttle and on direction changes is really enjoyable now. The instability of the bike(s) blends with this physics update nicely. Near to perfect now I would say from my seat of the pants.. Milestone should stop messing around and employ your services as a senior consultant to develop their Pro Level Physics in their RIDE and motogp games.. And yes I am being serious..! Very impressive work Dyego! ;)

hey dyego i really really like your mod but can you please give more grip on the kerb and increase the wobble when on the brake thats make the game more realistic and when on the exit corner give more slide and shaking but not going to highside crash i thinks thats make the game more epic

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 117 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 222 14.3%