Ready to build new after 10years

i am in the USA

Its been 10 years since I built my top of the line PC, water cooled, dual Sli cards, 32gb RAM and 1TB SSD + addition SSD And RAID, triple 22” monitor. Basic rig Logitech...used to iracing.com and was one of early supporters of Project Cars. At that time I used to track and AutoX for real...took and break from that and hobbies shifted.

I am now getting back into SimRacing and wife has given permission to build new rig in a dedicated room.

I am amazed how much things have changed and basically know nothing. So I am here to learn, make a list and start putting things together..I was amazed to learn today that we now have wind simulators...whats next rain simulators ...lol

Any way, initial one day search I am thinking of starting with

1. SimXperience Stage 3, with traction loss and diamond plate floor
2. SimX GS5 seat
3. Steering not sure
4. Pedals not sure
5. Triple monitor stand - Fast Track sims
6. Monitors - thinking curved 27-35”..not sure which
7. Use current pc for now then upgrade graphic cards/pc later..still runs pretty good

What else do I need besides recommendations on above...what new gizmos are there?
I am looking to splurge and setup for next 10years...don’t want to upgrade every year but in 5-10years if I am still interested. Looking for top of the line recommendations.

Awesome feedback.

I really don’t want to do sfx100 unless someone else wants to do it for me ;)
Plug n play is more along my available time.

The companies you mentioned is what I will research on, again being in US I would like get local for quicker support.

I did consider accuforce as simxperience offers them. Heusinkveld is on top of my list but I need to get the chassis first.

For now I ordered a logitech G29 to play with some friends while I figure everything out. My G27 crapped out from lack of use.

Upvote 0
Prosimu looks really good simcraft is over budget
I like to stay under $15k for everyrhing or there about

Should I mount a simxperience gs5 with prosimu or not needed?

Upvote 0
I just saw you "top-of-the-line" comment.

This is what I'd recommend for key hardware:

- Custom built black 80/20 sim rig chassis
- D-Box 4250i 3.0" actuator motion platform (Tactile Feedback and chassis motion platform)
- SimXperience GS-5 G-Force Simulation seat
- SimuCube 2 Pro Direct Drive Force Feedback System
- Heusinkveld Ultimate Pedals
- Pro-Sim H-Pattern Shifter
- SimWorx V8 style handbrake

- I think Fast Track Sims sells D-Box in USA, JCL in Canada. Else look at the D-Box website for their "gaming partners"

- D-Box is a fabulous 3DoF system and it can actually support up to 7 actuators, meaning it can theoretically do surge and traction loss . However if you go with D-Box and want more than 3DoF then check first because most sim racing games support D-Box 4DoF (i.e 5 actuators), but I don't think any sim racing title supports more than that today, presumedly as there is no market for it. That means for sim racing, D-Box doesn't deliver all of pitch, roll, heave, yaw, sway and surge today, although it is technology is setup to support it in the future. What you can do is buy 4 or 5 D-Box actuators today (which is plenty), and you can upgrade to 6+ actuators in the future.

I'll leave others to recommend monitor specs and all the other gizmos.

Note: I suggest a custom built 80/20 chassis for 2 reasons; 1) you want to ensure your rear chassis motion actuators are mounted behind you and not beneath you, whereas most pre-built 80/20 chassis have their seat mounted right at the rear of the chassis, and 2) the GS-5 seat sits very high so you want to mount it as low as feasible, within the base of the chassis, not on top of it.

What if I could limit to plug and play components that will work well together. I am getting lazy in my old age :)

Upvote 0
Ah, so no one offers, motion/vibration and g-force simulation
I was thinking of combining prosimu and gs5 added later
Prosimu using simtools and Heusinkveld setup would set me up nicely
I sent some emails to prosimu trying to figure out different between t5 pro and t1000 5m

Fast track sims are pretty expensive, like simcraft

I want to stay between 15-20K USD for full setup

Upvote 0
I was looking at D-Box, I could do that. With say a P1x chassis.
But I am still looking for a d-box supplier.
I found 1 canadian site and 3” 400 x 4 set is like $30000...just the 4 actuators.

Upvote 0
I applied to the D-box Racing simulation group - I think that is the you referred to. Message me please the link otherwise.

I have a plan as I learn.

Step 1 chassis:
1a. Get p1x or
1b. Build my own 8020, I am pretty handy (built my own race car) just lazy now a days. Any good source of complete plans and shopping list etc. ?

Lets get the chassis up first. Tell what to do :)

Upvote 0
I applied to the D-box Racing simulation group - I think that is the you referred to. Message me please the link otherwise.

I have a plan as I learn.

Step 1 chassis:
1a. Get p1x or
1b. Build my own 8020, I am pretty handy (built my own race car) just lazy now a days. Any good source of complete plans and shopping list etc. ?

Lets get the chassis up first. Tell what to do :)

Maybe this can help.

Upvote 0
Cool - haven't been able to sleep much..been thinking about the build constantly

1.5” is what I am going to go with. But RTL is what I am looking at right now and how my chassis design needs to be for that

Upvote 0
There is this Brazilian guy if you are after extreme realism in chassis motion at the quarter of the d-box price.

Look at the synchronization (keep in mind tough that driving more of the extreme racing machines is far from pleasant):

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 104 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 278 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing