Re-Starting a Formula V12 in a Race

When driving the Formula V12 in a race with ALL of the assists switched off, if the car stalls - I cannot get it started again as nothing happens when I press the starter switch. How can I get the engine running again in order to continue ?

I'm pretty sure there is no onboard starter in the V12, so you can only restart the car anywhere in pit lane, NOT out on the track, so if you stall, it is race over.
(I remember seeing that a lot in the 80s and 90s, the cars stalled very easily).

i just tested a bit, it seems like as long as you are in the pitlane, you can restart the car just with the starter button, as soon as i left the pit lane i couldnt get it working again, but maybe i am doing something wrong.if you want to cheat the system in single player, you can toggle ai control on and off, seems to start it again, but wont work in multiplayer :D

i just tested a bit, it seems like as long as you are in the pitlane, you can restart the car just with the starter button, as soon as i left the pit lane i couldnt get it working again, but maybe i am doing something wrong
The game is designed that way. ALL cars without an onboard starter can only restart in pit lane.

Of course, it can easily be edited if you want to activate the onboard starter, but the 95 F1 cars did not have one IRL.

i just tested a bit, it seems like as long as you are in the pitlane, you can restart the car just with the starter button, as soon as i left the pit lane i couldnt get it working again, but maybe i am doing something wrong.if you want to cheat the system in single player, you can toggle ai control on and off, seems to start it again, but wont work in multiplayer :D
Yep, used that myself more than a few times. :whistling:

@Tarmac Repented like myself you probably prefer to disable the autoclutch when racing i guess?

The V12 and also the Formula Reiza won't restart (just like in real life) however if you keep the autoclutch enabled during your race sessions you prevent the engine from stalling when you spin hence solving the problem :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 92 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 68 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 73 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.2%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 100 13.8%