Cristian Di F
Eliezer
Gaetano

The following have not replied to the Post Melbourne comments:
Cristian Di F
Eliezer
Gaetano
Nicolas

Does the Race Director set a dead line for the vote?

Yes, last night. There was only one problem... it ended with 11 yes and 11 no :) And the Race Director seems reluctant to make the decition himself. So I guess he hoped a 23rd vote would make life easier for him.

If everybody checked their e-mail every second day and/or replied asap on such simple questions we would all know if there was a race in 2 days or not.

hello,

I think this is not just, in real life is impossible repeat a race, Im very sure the next race we will have another guys involve a new incidents, maybe the same o different people, I drove 41 laps for that race, I drove intro an accident very carefully, gentle accelerating, gentle braking to avoid any contact, I did my race..

Way, every race we have to practice star before the race??

We have to learn, the past is not possible to change, next time to be careful when start the race.

regard
Vincenzo

sorry my english:redface:

hello,

I think this is not just, in real life is impossible repeat a race, Im very sure the next race we will have another guys involve a new incidents, maybe the same o different people, I drove 41 laps for that race, I drove intro an accident very carefully, gentle accelerating, gentle braking to avoid any contact, I did my race..

We have to learn, the past is not possible to change, next time to be careful when start the race.

regard
Vincenzo

I totally understand your point of view Vincenzo, and it is the biggest argument for not reracing. All matters have two sides though, here is mine:

I too drove into the accident very carefully and avoided any contact. But I ended my race because the issue of restart was raised, both directly and indirectly. I am not saying I did the right decition by leaving the race, but either I have to focus 100% on the race or I don't/can't race. So not getting to race the event I spent numerous hours preparing (for) does not seem fair to me.

Anyhoo, I am sure a decition will be made very shortly (tonight).

hello,

regard
Vincenzo

Many have been preparing for Sepang already, might be even worse the second time around with people less prepared than the first time.

I voted for rerace because my spirit is "Fun and stay with Friends" and Im sorry that many of us lost the race for unlucky case .I think same same Vincenzo and David say really right thing.

I'm genuinely sorry that you miss out on your race Nico. That's not fair at all. :frown:

I also trust that we have collectively learned from this experience and will react positively to it.:)

I personally share Vincenzo's perspective and David's correct that several [5?] drivers are preparing for this Sunday's FPPS race at Sepang [in the dry :tongue:]. GL guys...

I voted NO. I think what's done is done...

Ha, that's interesting. I voted yes for a rerace, because I felt that all the DNF's deserved a second chance. But you're right about "What's done is done!"

I can only recommend everyone to qualify on pole and flee from the field as soon as possible. :redface: :wink: :cool: :tongue: This will keep you away from possible incidents.

But I still don't have a solution yet how to stack up to 25 cars at the No.1 spot of the grid... :tongue: :rolleyes:

i voted yes... and im quite disappointed there will be no re race, this is a game guys, not real life, so 2 weeks taken from peoples life to prepare for a game then its wasted in 5 minutes is a joke to be honest, i know we try to keep it as realistic as possible but at the end of the day this is still just a game, we all play to have fun, how much fun did the 10 guys who had it all ruined in 5 minutes have? or how much fun did nico have when he had to give up his own race?, sorry but melbourne and its afters arent my idea of fun.

David, I completely understand your point of view, really! But as always there are other guys with an other point of view. I bet Nico is in a situation, I'd better not like to be in. Would you like to make the decisions for all of us with all its consequences?

For me it seems with the melbourne event we are at a point we can only loose more if we continue the rerace debate. Imagine we do a rerace and somethinge else goes wrong with harming other unguilty drivers? Who'd be angry then and would you enjoy your earned points then? Don't get me wrong! I voted "yes" for rerace, because I'm not very happy about the gap in the championship lead now. On the other hand take Alex, who voted "no" for rerace even though he'd been an unguilty victim like you.

We should close this chapter as a very bad one and aim for more great races we already had here and there weren't less cool races in the past. So the chance to have such a nightmare again is relatively low if we all learned of it...

I bet Nico is in a situation, I'd better not like to be in. Would you like to make the decisions for all of us with all its consequences?

Very true, with 11 vs 11 in the re-race vote no matter what I would have decided half the group would be "unhappy" about it. Not an enjoyable situation. There was many factors that played in tipping it in favor of no, here are a few:

-Vincenzo would be the biggest victim as he did everything right in the first race and earned some nice points but is not able to race tomorrow.
-The Sepang race would not benefit from a re-race (less focus on that race).
-If the re-race did not go smothly the problems and aggression probably would escalade.

In addition, there are some reasons why I am sad there is no re-race. As Valter so correctly points out, the races are the peak of my(our?) enjoyment considering all the practice and preperations we do. It was an unique opportunity to get a second race without any need for extra practice or preperation. Also, it would have been nice to get to race Fabrice :)

This is not meant to be a provocative statement in any way but on the issue of fun races, don't you intend to run an organized practice race for Sepang tomorrow? Not that I have ever attended an Euro practice race, but I thought they were standard procedure [2 * stints now? & fun :)]. Fabrice could run with you then... :cool:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%