Re-installing Rfactor 2 question regarding the Steam workshop

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I can't seem to find a definitive answer to this one, maybe you Rfactor 2 experts can help me please?
If I delete everything relating to Rfactor 2 off my hard drive and unsubscribe from all the content in Steam workshop, will I be able to have a fresh install without still being subsrcibed to loads of mods and content etc?
Basically I am just wanting to fresh install it and have the basic RF2 content but in the past I have not been able to un-subscribe properly.

Cheers all.:thumbsup:

I think if you unsubscribe from everything in the game first. Let it update, not sure if it would delete the content, then delete the game and any folders that had files in them it would download and fresh install only the Base game. I could be wrong of course but I did a fresh install without unsubscribing and it installed 13GB with everything I had before.

So, @Andy Jackson I can give you a definitive answer but it is slightly more complicated than a simple yes or no...

The only content that you are automatically subscribed to, is content that is added to the workshop by "ImageSpaceIncorporated". Most of our recent content updates are now added by "Studio 397" so you already explicitly need to subscribe to those to get that content.

The most effective way of unsubscribing from that ISI content is to add a command line parameter to the launcher called: "-workshop" (without the quotes, but with the minus sign in front). If you do that, as soon as you start the Launcher, it will unsubscribe you from that content and will not resubscribe you on subsequent runs. If you ever want to reverse that, use a parameter called "+workshop".

There is no need to wipe or re-install anything. And before you ask, we intend to make a few changes to this whole mechanism as we start introducing our new UI, so some of these things will change in the upcoming months.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back