F1 2011 RE install and preserve settings

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to delete and re-install the game (to get rid of a mod) but keep my settings and current season? thanks in advance!

• Deleted member 6919

Yes it is, providing you back up your f1 2011 profile in documents, and don't delete gfwl, then do a clean install and copy back the profile again..after patching.

Yup, Gopher is correct, as I did a full uninstall of the game (not GFWL) 2 days ago. I had no frigging choice, as the .exe crashed immediately all the time. All normal recovery methods, and all my backups couldn't fix it.

I reinstalled, and applied the patches manually rather than using GFWL to patch the game. After reinstalling and patching, I ran the game (you have no choice with the patch installers, they auto-run the game) creating a profile (a driver) with the same name as before, then shut the game down. At this stage I copied back all my backup files to the MyDocuments/MyGames folder.

Yeah let the game recreate a new save game folder, and then put the old files into it.

If you are trying to get rid of a mod, can you not replace the original game files rather than a full reinstall? Even if you have lost a few, im sure we could help you get them back mate.

As I did when I first got the game, and now once again after re-installing & patching. I just copy the F1 2011 folder to another drive, as a clean backup, before I start adding mods and tweaking.

It's worth doing, especially if you have a nice big, cheap, external USB/eSATA drive :)

Yeah, as Paul says. I have a fast connection and my own website for downloading from, I also have a gamefront (the old filefront) account too, which would probably be quicker to use. Having said that, most mod files are small, so they might be able to go in a small zip file and be attached to this forum.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 375 16.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 256 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 247 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 181 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 304 13.1%