RDTCC - Roland Ehnström claims overall victory

dmsv_bmw_eGO.jpgRoland Ehnström led a Scandinavian army that dominated the 4th season of the RD Touring Car Championship.

The Swedish champion finished 6th in the Mid-Ohio Grand Prix.

[PRBREAK][/PRBREAK] Championship rivals Rami Kaukola and Marcin Skrzypczak finished 3rd and 5th respectively; although Roland's 6th place decreased his lead in championship points over Kaukola, his closest rival, to 11, he nonetheless was able to secure the 2010 RDTCC.

Roland continues his long success career with Touring Cars after he won the V-WTCC in 2008, meanwhile Rami and Marcin confirm the fantastic moment of the Roaring Pipes Maniacs.

This RDTCC season was an incredible success, with more than 100 drivers participating and a record in terms of absences with a minimum of 80 drivers present in each event.

Now the RDGTC will substitute the Touring Car action before the summer break, but the stars will come back after the summer for a new exciting season.

CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL PARTICIPANTS!!

Click here for the full season standings, results and statistics

UPDATE: due to a last round penalty Marcin overtook Fredrik in the standings and is now listed as 3rd overall

Congrats Roland, Rami and Fredrik. I watched most of GP1 replays and you guys were on the gas pedal all the time :)

@Side Note: Although I couldn't make the last round I would also like to extend a BIG thank to the people who worked very hard behind the scenes to put the season together for all of us to enjoy. At times there were a lot of moaning and b1tching but I guess that is part of the package...

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 94 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 69 9.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 74 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 45 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 103 13.9%