RDRC Season 7 - General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why only 6 rounds? :o After that there will be an other 6 rounds? Hope so :)

We had a massive (and I mean absolutely massive) drop-off in drivers last season. So the decision was made to have shorter seasons.
Together with new internal rules for leagues at RaceDepartment, which will give us more work,- and also work with a deadline, we decided it was better to have 6 rounds this season. This instead of biting over much more than we can chew, and failing to meet RD's league-rules, and therefor have a major struggle to keep the league running :)

What we aim for, is to get a good rythm on everything, so we can have at least 8 rounds later on this year - in the same timeframe as this season :)

I agree that 6 rounds is a bit short, but it's many factors that played in for this to happen.

I can give even more specific details on PM if you (or anyone else wish) :)

- Ole Marius "Pinky" Myrvold

We had a massive (and I mean absolutely massive) drop-off in drivers last season. So the decision was made to have shorter seasons.
Together with new internal rules for leagues at RaceDepartment, which will give us more work,- and also work with a deadline, we decided it was better to have 6 rounds this season. This instead of biting over much more than we can chew, and failing to meet RD's league-rules, and therefor have a major struggle to keep the league running :)

What we aim for, is to get a good rythm on everything, so we can have at least 8 rounds later on this year - in the same timeframe as this season :)

I agree that 6 rounds is a bit short, but it's many factors that played in for this to happen.

I can give even more specific details on PM if you (or anyone else wish) :)

- Ole Marius "Pinky" Myrvold
Thanks Ole. I think it's informative enough for me :) 8 rounds or maximum 10 rounds it's sounds good. Yeah the 12 rounds little bit too much.

Just signed in. But to be prepared a bit: How long, in time and on an average, does a session last ? I ask because I can practice then to see if I can stay concentrated long enough. Until now, in single player, I did 2 or 3 stages after each other and started loosing concentration.

Btw, are there going to be championship stickers this season or are we free to set the Car Number as we wish?
Ah. No, we've never had any obligatory, but I'll find the stickers we've had when I get home again :)

Just signed in. But to be prepared a bit: How long, in time and on an average, does a session last ? I ask because I can practice then to see if I can stay concentrated long enough. Until now, in single player, I did 2 or 3 stages after each other and started loosing concentration.

All from 30 min to 75-80 min in actual driving time ;) It varies from rally to rally. The 1000 Lakes rally last season, had Ouninpohja. Twice! A stage where Manuel crushed all the other drivers with well over a minute, ending up with a stage-time of over 15 minutes. That rally was long. While Rally Costa Brava, was a much shorter rally, both in the number of stages, and running time - where Manuel won (again) with a total time of 30min49 seconds. (actually Ouninpohja x 2 took longer time than the whole Costa Brava Rally) :)

I will be making some new championship stickers that will be available before the first round starts :)
I haven't been very active around here for the past couple of months as I've had some huge changes happen in my life, but hoping to change that once I'm all settled :)

Any chance of a png of the RDRC logo being used this season for a video? :)

Hope to see you more active soon Jack.

One more question arises and probably a very dumb one, but I never did a rally online:
Is it possible to pause the game while driving a stage ?
Yes it is, just by pressing "ESC" or whichever key you preset in the game options to pause the game.

However, don't pause the game for too long; just like in a real rally, RSRBR has a certain "max time" for each stage, so if you go over this time on a stage, you will not be able to start the next one (because you're too late).

So if you pause your game during SS1 and go away for a long time, you might find that once you finish it, save your replay, and get back to your desktop, you'll have to drive SS3 (or SS4, SS5... depending on how long you wait).

No need for all of them. I don't recommend to install all of them useless you're really going to drive them.

Packs you need will be announced when itinerary is up, which is usually(hopefully) about 1 week before rally.

I saw the details for Round 1 meanwhile and also the conditions (dry, icy etc.), so I can start practicing. But what (surface) mod will be used ? Are all stages on tarmac ?
A more detailed list will come.
but, icy = monte carlo, snow = snow. All the rest is tarmac ;-)

Hello!

I have a question about the BTB track. Should i dload all of the BTB tracks or you'll tell it when we need a BTB track pack for a rally?

We will most likely only use btb Finland and btb Sweden ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 313 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 215 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 211 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 157 7.7%