RDRC Season 6 - Rally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could someone Please remind me what I did wrong when skinning. Yet again I can not see out of my windows. Im guessing its when I took of the names/numbers from the windows on my Internal/external Transparent DDS. I saved as DDS, but what else?opacity?? I do this every bloody year...DOH

RMI Motorsport has been spotted during testing in France just after signing the deal to buy 2 Citroen DS3 WRC's for the 2014 RDRC. The cars look to be fairly visible regardless of weather conditions.

rbr_008.jpg

You'll need to save as DXT5, and make sure you have the alpha layer there too

There are two DXT5 options;

DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha

or

DXT5_NM XY 8 bpp | using DXT5

I used the second one, as the first still had the blacked out windows.
BUT now I have completely clear windows and weird headlights.

Is there any chance someone could have a wee look and get my windows back to the right format... and MOST importantly tell me what I am doing wrong, pretty please?

http://speedy.sh/ua8hp/blacked-out-windows.rar

(also G27 ordered, beans on toast for the next month...)

There are two DXT5 options;
DXT5 ARGB 8 bpp | interpolated alpha
That is the one I use for the windows I have made on all my 120 RBR-skins.
I'll download and see if I can get it to work one way or another :)

edit: I think it may lay in the alpha-layer. Mine is white with plain grey details, yours look more or less the same as the RGB-layer. I'll take a shot and see if it gets better :)

Last edited:
Roy thanks for looking, its still not right. The headlights are ok, the sun-visor strip is back on the front windscreen... but... the rear lights are a bit gray and rar and side windows are completly clear.

All I was trying to do is to remove loeb etc name from the side windows.
Its good enough at the minute, but if anybody has a set of windows without names I would take them!

jc

After having to miss the Introduction round due to injury, Daniel Monteiro is now back and ready to tackle the first round of the RDRC in Norway.

With a somewhat dodgy sponsorship from a major tyre manufacturer that nobody can really explain, he will field a very outdated Subaru Impreza from 1996. Needless to say neither car nor the lack of talent will take him to the top of the leaderboard; his main aim is to enjoy himself and have fun during the stages.

Despite the great love for Espa Boller still being present, it is very sad to anounce that the partnership will not be continued during this season (although new ties could be made again in the future). This is due to the fact that the latest investment of the business produced the new "cinnamon buns" which taste like Diesel and that greatly disappointed our driver.

On a brighter note, the partnership with senhor Jorge dos amortecedores continues, as well as with the multimedia services company ValorVisual. OMP has dressed the paring team, although when they drive by you might get the illusion that they still wear blue Sparco overalls and a RedBull helmet, and that the co-driver strangely looks like Robert Reid.

Last but not least, we would like to thank GalskapMotorsport for being out in the stages filming every rally, so we also carry their colours for sheer support for their top work. Here is a snapshot from their video footage while the team was shaking down the car for the first time on a private country road.

Despite the great love for Espa Boller still being present, it is very sad to anounce that the partnership will not be continued during this season (although new ties could be made again in the future). This is due to the fact that the latest investment of the business produced the new "cinnamon buns" which taste like Diesel and that greatly disappointed our driver.

Haha! ;D The fun fact here, is that Espa is a small, small place in Norway, which have a gas-station, that started to produce buns, and being very strategically placed on the road between my home town, and our capital city Oslo, it grew famous for the "world's best buns". And it's just called Espa Bolleland (Bun-Country).
They have a goal of selling 1.5 million buns each year, and have topped at almost 1.4million.
Proof of the success can be viewed at instagram, with the hashtags: #espaboller #bollaland and #shellespa

Hooyeah! But Diesel? Really? Yuk!

Haha! ;D The fun fact here, is that Espa is a small, small place in Norway, which have a gas-station, that started to produce buns, and being very strategically placed on the road between my home town, and our capital city Oslo, it grew famous for the "world's best buns". And it's just called Espa Bolleland (Bun-Country).
They have a goal of selling 1.5 million buns each year, and have topped at almost 1.4million.
Proof of the success can be viewed at instagram, with the hashtags: #espaboller #bollaland and #shellespa

Hooyeah! But Diesel? Really? Yuk!

It also helps that it is located in front of Norway's biggest lake which is quite beautiful (I'm not even Norwegian so actually I don't really know why I am advertising for Norway now :D )

But yeah, I found it hard to believe when people told me, so I had to try it for myself = mistake! So believe me, you don't miss out on anything if you don't try it ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 319 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 219 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 214 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 162 7.8%