RDRC Season 5 - Mid-Series Car Change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Hintz

That Designer Guy?
Season 5 Mid-Series Car Change

Hi everybody
Same as last season, drivers will be given one opportunity to change cars prior to the start of the winter series.

Same rules apply as last time are and the following:

1/ Drivers wishing to change their car must do so before the 1st of August. This will allow the directing team enough time to correct and change the entry lists and points tables

2/ Driver can only select a car from the car classes allowed in their particular driver grade. (See point 10 in the rules thread for available car choices)

3/ Drivers WILL NOT be allowed to change again after they have posted their new selection. (This includes changing back to their previous car.)

4/ Any driver that does not inform the directing team by the date above will not be able to change.

5/ If a driver is a member of a team either both drivers must change to the new car or the team will be withdrawn from the “Teams Championship” points table

6/ If a driver changes car class (e.g RDRC-2 -> RDRC), they will start from 0 points in their new class and their previous car class points will not be eligible for the season. If the New car is from the same car class they have been running then their points will remain.

7/ If a driver changes grade, they will start from 0 points in their new grade and their previous grades points will not be eligible for the season.

8/ Drivers changing car must post the change in the “Mid-season car change” thread in the following format

Driver name
Old Car
New Car

6/ If a driver changes car class (e.g RDRC-2 -> RDRC), they will start from 0 points in their new class and their previous car class points will not be eligible for the season. If the New car is from the same car class they have been running then their points will remain.

As you are moving from RDRC-3 to RDRC class, you will unfortunately.
Have to think about every competitor here, it wouldn't be fair to those who are trying to win the championship and get beaten by someone that hasn't been participating in that class for the last half of the season.

This applies to everyone who wants to change car class, not just you Magnar. Hope you understand :)

Jack Hintz
Old Car - Citroen DS3 WRC 2011 (A8W_11)
New Car - Ford Fiesta RS WRC 2011 (A8W_11)

Nobody is giving the Fiesta any lovin' , so I'm going to :thumbsup:
Will make the field a little bit more interesting anyway... :p
It will be nice to have all 3 manufacturers represented! (with the exception of Mini, even though they haven't made much of an appearance in WRC this year either :( )

I noticed issues with caster and toe. I cant make any setup that will give me feel of steering like on S2000 Mini. Its hard for me to drive that car in fast turns (gravel) without loosing my rear end....no control at all. I`m Subaru fan for about 100 years and this car is only substitute for Impreza in my eyes. It`s great looking and most important thing of all...PRODRIVE INSIDE!!! :)

As you are moving from RDRC-3 to RDRC class, you will unfortunately.
Have to think about every competitor here, it wouldn't be fair to those who are trying to win the championship and get beaten by someone that hasn't been participating in that class for the last half of the season.

This applies to everyone who wants to change car class, not just you Magnar. Hope you understand :)

No problem, just asking how it was.:)

Probably gonna regret this but since Im planning to be back home for the last few rounds of this season where as Im also gonna return to my lovely G27 (gonna need to buy a new one though, since I sold mine before I went to Germany).. And therefore gonna change my car to more competitive one so I can try and score some overall points or whatever I was supposed to do, to stay as Grade 1 driver.

I was going to take Corolla as Daniel did but I realized its undriveable with keyboard, which is weird because with wheel it felt just fantastic. Then I had a crazy idea about the Pug 206, which even with keyboard feels pretty fun, reacts even too good.. But it seemed kind.. too crazy after all.. The last two standing were the first and the second generations of Impreza. The one from year 2000 and the other one from year 2002.. Not really sure why I picked the one I picked but here it goes :p

Driver name: Viesturs Priede
Old Car: Lada Samara 1600
New Car: Subaru Impreza 2002 WRC (A8W_02)

Of course Im going to miss my old Samara but Im sure that one day Im going to return to the old Russian lady, had some really fun times with "her" and if Im not going to secure the Grade 1 position at the end of this season - Im probably going to give it a shot again, only this time with a wheel.

Great to know man, thought about the 206 and the first impreza myself as well! Good to see that people are giving them old WRC cars a new shot at life :)

I`ve never liked the new WRC`s not to mention all that crap that is out there for last few years.

Hopefully I`ll manage to throw some competition to you Daniel when I get back home since now Im just going to try get some fun out of it :)

To compete in my class (RDRC2) the only car choices I can use are :

10.4 – N4_S2000_1, N4_S2000_2, A8_1, A8_2, A8_3 and R4 car packs ?

I can use RDRC cars but would be excluded from my RDRC2 c'ship... correct?
Sorry for asking again.

I keep getting confused by this statement:

11.2 - Grade 2 –Grade 2 Drivers can select from RDRC, RDRC-2 or RDRC-3 Car classes

Grade 2 drivers can select RDRC cars if they are competing in RDRC class.
If you are moving up to RDRC competition you will be excluded from RDRC-2 yes because you are changing class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 86 12.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.4%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 69 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 42 6.2%