RDRC Season 5 - Match Maker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thread idea.

I'm a Grade 3 driver with a Fiesta RRC. I'm looking for a Grade 2 or 3 driver also driving the RRC.

I'm interested in having fun, and working on improving my driving skills over the season. I don't mind if you're serious or casual or (slow like me) whatever, but would prefer someone who is going to enter most rounds of the season. :thumbsup:

TTF Racing is setting up a huge team for the RDRC this year with the aim of winning a title or 2 while having a bit of fun at the same time. Skins tips and advice will be provided by the team. We currently need a driver to partner Tyrone Frith (me) in the Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X N4. So if you are intrested then pm me.

Just a heads-up that i'll be taking part in the championship again this season. (Now i've got everything working) I'm a grade 2 driver apparently, (the admins obviously received my hefty bribes) but i've yet to decide on a car class. (I'm leaning towards the A8-2 Impreza, but not sure if this will be competitive against the RRC cars?) So, if anyone would like to team up, let me know, and i'll try to do a bit of car testing at some point to decide what i want to drive. I also have to note that i can't do a lot of practise and have little experience of RBR setups, so i'm basically a useless lump of a team-mate. Yes, i'm an attractive prospect.

Grade 3 driver here looking to team up. I'm leaning towards the EVO IV A8_3 or possibly another A8 car. I like the Fiesta RRC as well as the DS3 RRC but the windscreen of the Citroen is not transparent so I have not really tested it properly.

I am grade 4 and will be driving a Mitsubishi Evo X N4 in the production class. Does anyone want to team up with me?
Some sillyseason rumours about me: Driver in bad shape. Broke hs right akilles last week. Right leg and foot in a big package. The only way to drive is to keep the throttle tight to the floor. Will be fast - as long as it last... Will be more consistent towards the end of the season.

EDIT: I have found a team, Tyrone offered me a seat I couldnt refuse. Watch out for the new top team in grade 4 !!!!

DS3 RRC but the windscreen of the Citroen is not transparent so I have not really tested it properly.

It's like that for me too, the .dds file for the internal_transparent is corrupt. (or in a format unreadable), make a backup first, but you should be able to just copy the "ds3_rrc_external_transparent.dds" file and rename it to "ds3_rrc_internal_transparent.dds".

In most skins they make the front windscreen more transparent internally than externally, so it may still be a bit dark, but certainly not a wall of black! :p

If you decide on the Fiesta RRC I'd be more than happy to team with you. :thumbsup:

Edit: The skins are in D:\RBR*\Cars\DS3_RRC\textures\
*Wherever your RBR install is.

In most skins they make the front windscreen more transparent internally than externally, so it may still be a bit dark, but certainly not a wall of black! :p

If you decide on the Fiesta RRC I'd be more than happy to team with you. :thumbsup:...

It was showing me a wall of white but I will see if I can edit the file tonight. Thank you.

...or I could persuade you to drive the EVO 4 :unsure:, we'd make a great team.

I will give the Fiesta another shot but it felt a bit twitchy for my driving style although I haven't played with the suspension settings yet.

Welcome to the club Ross:p But in comparison, you're a great WTM driver(remember Bathurst?)!

Not to mention you beat me anyway last season:rolleyes:

I remember Bathurst- a bone in my hand was in several pieces! Not the easiest track to drive one-handed! Started the race 7th, overtook 4 members of THR to get up to 3rd, pitted for fresh rubber as i couldn't cope one-handed with the undulations on worn tyres, and finished just behind you in 5th. And set 2nd fastest lap of the race. ONE-HANDED!!

Not that i'm making excuses.

(cough, broken hand)

Currently leaning towards picking a Fiesta WRC at the moment, just to be different!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%