RDRC Season 4 - Rally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again a great video, really enjoyed it! Very nice footage indeed, and great car liveries too! The commentary is like Porto wine; it keeps getting better with time :) And the tables at the end are just fantastic. Great job and a BIG thank you to all those involved!

Always love these videos. It's a nice difference to the highlights of circuit racing, it gives a different feeling. I'd miss them if they weren't created.

First Senad's sharp written comments, now Roy as actual commentator. I like:D

UK Junior Rally Team - Press Release 2
It sure has been a while since I last wrote on this part of the forum. Myself and Jack have been noticeably absent from RDRC events for a while now. Jack due to other commitments and myself through being a clumsy fool. Having taken part in round 5 of the season I then forgot about the thursday sign up deadline for round 6 and despite being around for the rally had to forfeit entry and any chance of points. We then had a time allotted for car changes as was permitted my the league admins which I made no use of because my Mini is a brilliant car made from cast iron as no one is as surprised as I am to have completed 4 full rallies with just one DNF, and believe you me I have had many an evening meal with 2 foot of solid wood trunk this season.

Round 7 was going to be good for me. My first rally outside of college time so I would have ample time to prepare and make sure I knew the routes and be competitive. Lady luck on the other hand had a completely different idea which involved me dislocating my shoulder fairly severely 3 weeks prior to the rally and one day prior to my only holiday away from home for the whole summer which was a go karting camp. At the hospital I was kindly informed that I would be in a sling for 1-2 weeks and have a further 2 weeks of no heavy lifting or aggressive arm movements after that. This gave me no hope of doing round 7 and I took a complete 4 week break from sim racing and my computer entirely.

At the end of this break due to injury I had my 18th birthday. With which came a new high end pc which with the HDR plugin and resolution changes has really enhanced RBR and how it looks and runs for me which I hope will be a really aid to my pace once I get back going again. Early testing on the new pc shows I need to do more testing because I keep meeting grizzly ends when misjudging the grip levels and cars but slow and steady and with some luck I should be competitive when we hit the round 8 weekend.

Finally the number 42 machine that I have the pleasure of driving is getting a mid-season repaint by the ever brilliant Jack Hintz and should be looking even more sparkly and brilliant than ever come the twisting gravel tracks of Mexico. Where I will ruin it by covering the thing in mud and dents but no one is perfect. With some luck I will get around to posting up reports for both my team and the rallies in general more often but you just never know what life or work will serve you next.

Thanks for reading,

Oscar Hardwick.

Great video Norbet, well done, and thanks! Really enjoyed seeing a great variety of cars among the different classes, the RDRC sure is great :)

EDIT: Luckily for you Roy you were promoted to Rally Club director (or however you would like to name your new position ;) ) so now you have an excuse for not being done with them :D

Just managed to watch it, nice one Norbert :thumbsup:
Except, there is a strange lack of a certain brown and beige Mini :cry: :p

Made me motivated to try and get the round ones done as well.
Roy won't be able to do the commentary for any new videos, is there anyone who would be interested to take his place?

Hello :)

I have some good commentating history with simrace.tv and LFS. IF you could introduce me to how the commentating works I would be more than happy to help and have really good upload speeds to youtube. I.E a 1080p 15 minute video in about 25 minutes :)

pm me if I can help at all Senad.

Oscar.

I have some good commentating history with simrace.tv and LFS. IF you could introduce me to how the commentating works I would be more than happy to help and have really good upload speeds to youtube. I.E a 1080p 15 minute video in about 25 minutes :)

Oscar.
Awesome :)

Perhaps Roy Magnes could be more helpful there.

Basically, we collect driver reports after the event, I do the video, forward a low quality preview to him, he uses the driver reports and makes a script of sorts, and records the commentary in sync with the video, and sends the recording back to me. I chuck it in with the videos, render, upload.

Ah, PM, well, not much more to it anyway :D

Oscar.

I used the commetns that people wrote about their rally and re-arranged it som it could be used in a narrating way. Gathering some info on stagetimes, overall positions, how they did earlier in the season (maybe even the previous season) and how they are positioned after the event is also something to mix in.

I had to write this before I recorded it, as I struggle with thinking and speaking english at the same time, but I think that would be no problem for you :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back