RDRC Season 4 - Rally World

Status
Not open for further replies.
The presentation? sorry, nice jumps in the video!

Senad, Roy you guys always make an awesome job! I love it thanks!!!! and you always say some great things haha I'm virtually unbeatable :cool:

cheers! really like these highlights

UK Junior Rally Team - Press Release 1
Approaching Round 3 it is fair to say that as a team we have already had a roller coaster of a journey to this point now and will continue to experience highs and lows for some time yet.

Looking back to Round 1 in Norway it is becoming hard to remember just how it felt to be sitting on the top step for Oscar Hardwick and still ever so easy to feel how it was for Jack Sedgwick after technical gremlins and an early retirement cost him any chance of a result, let alone a good one.

The flowing snow stages really shouldn't have suited the Mini S2000 in it's debut here in the RDRC given that its turbo and lack of power compared to WRC spec cars really hampered its point to point speed over short distances, and it's heavy feel slowing changes in direction and responsiveness. However with a clean careful approach Hardwick managed to bring home a win by lapping up the mistakes of others and keeping a good pace throughout. Jack unfortunately had almost every problem that there was available to him during the rally and failed to finish all 14 stages set out in front of him. Even with 2 extremes being covered in the results the future looked bright for the little Mini leaving Norway as it's strongest environments were yet to come. Little was it known to the drivers and team that powers that be had another idea in store for them.

7052197611_08df2aa303.jpg

Oscar Hardwick's Rally winning Mini Cooper S2000.

A turbulent few weeks was then set in motion as a major regulation change forced a new engine and handling package to be put together. No longer was the turbo a factor to the car, nor was lumpy and comfortable handling. The Mini was now naturally aspirated and much stiffer in overall handling characteristics. After extensive pre-season testing on the old specification car and only a few weeks before the Coffs Harbour Rally both drivers were put under immense pressure as the tables were turned on them. The naturally aspirated stiffer Mini was now better suited to Snow and slower rallies as opposed to tarmac and faster rallies as had been originally planned for. A further blow came to the teams system as Sedgwick announced that he would not be able to attend the following two rounds due to work and family commitments leaving Hardwick with the task of maintaining a strong championship position. A job made substantially harder when through lack of focus on the championship but instead focusing on the new car, Hardwick missed the application deadline for the second round of the championship leaving the UK based team with a score of zero across the board for the second rally of the season and only 1 win's worth of points to their name.

Now another few weeks have passed and progress is finally being made with the new car ahead of Round three the Mont Blanc Rally. Although Tarmac now poses itself as a challenge rather than a relief to the team a strong result should still be on the books provided Hardwick finishes.
7052197353_6d72f1539d.jpg

Testing ahead of the rally is in full swing for Hardwick with input from Sedgwick still coming thick and fast to better prepare the team for the various trials and tribulations that lie ahead. Hardwick stated that,

'The newer car now feels like home again and the stresses of learning my way around a new machine are easing'.
With a new air of positivity coming from the team after an eventful couple of months a strong presence is hoped for in the coming rounds by both team and drivers.

Best of luck to everyone who is competing and fighting to get a grip on such a challenging set of cars and events. If you liked this then I will do more in the future, just give it a like to let me know if you did.

Oscar.

Like I say Manuel, if it is interesting enough to the guys racing in the championship I am more than willing to do it on a round by round basis. I know that there is already someone doing full reports but if people want that doing and no one else is covering it then I would be willing to sort something out.

Like I say Manuel, if it is interesting enough to the guys racing in the championship I am more than willing to do it on a round by round basis. I know that there is already someone doing full reports but if people want that doing and no one else is covering it then I would be willing to sort something out.
Hm? You'd be willing to do write ups after every round? As in general round reports, for everyone involved?
If so, awesome, we could use that text to post an article on the front page, together with the video highlights!

Are there 3 of 4 videos in the end? A class, P class, S class plus 2WD-Cup?
3 - A, S and P+2

Great driving, and the cars look great as well! Too bad that not all drivers give feedback to Roy the reporter, but the commentary was still really good. And superb tables at the end, hat off to that!

As for feedback, I enjoyed seeing some rolls and offroad excursions in the previous season's videos. But I guess it happens more often with grade 4 drivers, so looking forward to the next video :)

Oh Mr Subasic, weren't you the fondest one on a rick roll in earlier seasons?:D

Btw: If Roy says I haven't said anything, then he's wrong:p I'm sure I wrote something about my rally. Otherwise: Ask me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back