RDRC Season 4 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking back at the previous season point tables.. Makes me miss the Old WRC`s. I was hoping that I`ll be grade 2 this season so I can compete with the old WRC (99-02) but now when they are merged together with the new ones its pointless fight. Though I kinda understand the decision, so few guys running those old WRCs.. Still Im a bit disappointed but oh well :)

There's a M3? The Porsche's probably banned from the championship, even 2WD?

Btw: I'll be un-installing my old '11, which file is the save game for Rally School, etc.? I've asked last season already though...

Now that I've got the game myself, I can install much easier:)

Nevermind, got my answer back from the old season:

Backup the "SavedGames" folder. There is a profile file with you progress inside, file with the best times and all of the setups saved along the way.

Why does in the rules stand:
[From Rules post 6]
Round 1 - 28th-31st January (Rally of Norway)
Round 2 - 18th-21st February (Coff Harbour Rally)
Round 3 - 10th-13th March ((Kouvola Auto-Ralli)
Round 4 - 31st March/3rd April (Rallye Costa Brava)
Round 5 - 21st – 24th April (Rally Mont Blanc)
Round 6 - 12th-15th May (Hokkaido Rally)
Round 7 - 2nd – 5th June (Rally of Wales)
Cuz they aren't in the game?

Hello everybody specially the RD Rally officials,

The update 2 for RSRBR 2012 really made the new cars (A8W 11-12) extremely fast (favoritism from Rallysim officials? :confused:) , and there's no way the old WRC's not even the A8W 09-10 cars could beat it. So this means the Grade 1 Divers can't complain anymore about their car being low powered compared to the Grade 2 cars.

So now since there's no way the grade 2 cars could beat the Grade 1 cars when it comes to speed, I propose to include the A8W 09-10 car selection for Grade 2 drivers.

Here's my little test and proof about the unbeatable speed of new cars in update 2:

So now since there's no way the grade 2 cars could beat the Grade 1 cars when it comes to speed, I propose to include the A8W 09-10 car selection for Grade 2 drivers.

Here's my little test and proof about the unbeatable speed of new cars in update 2:

Thanks Fernando, very interesting comparison.
It might be more useful to see some comparative times across a few different full stages and different surfaces, just to see how handling comes into the equation.
Sadly, in the A8W-12 Class, the VW Polo can't be used on gravel until RallyeSim fix the CTD issue. :(

It might be more useful to see some comparative times across a few different full stages and different surfaces, just to see how handling comes into the equation.

That could be answered with a 2nd WRC Full Deck in Rally Club where Grade 1 Drivers drive only the old slower WRC cars and the rest drives the faster new ones :D.

I did a lot of testing and was really shocked with the new speed of these new cars. In cote d'arbroz (normal), the fastest time I can set using the C4 is 02:35 to 02:33, but with DS3 I set a time of 02:28 and that's with the same pace and driving style I do with C4.

I agree Fernando, the new cars are much faster now, we should use them for grade 1, i think it would be the best choice now :)

Warren, check the official Rally Monte carlo results at Rallyesim, total domination from 2011 cars

The new S2000 WRC spec cars have the same power as the old A8 class, although it's not delivered in as efficient a way. They would be slightly lighter, but even then, the A8 would still be faster. I personally like the new cars, a lot of fun, but if it is an error and is fixed later, we'll be right back where we started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 351 28.2%