RDRC Season 4 - General discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rick,

I'm sorry, I'm confused. I ended S3 in Grade 2 and I had scored some overall points. Do I go to Grade 3 for S4, because I was in Grade 2 at the end of the S3, or do I stay in Grade 2 because I scored points? I'm happy either way.

And I have a suggestion. Since Grades 1 and 2 can both drive the 99-08 WRCs, why not add the newer WRCs? I haven't tried them but from the discussion here I don't imagine they provide any unfair advantage if someone wants to drive one.

I was out during several days, I understand that the A8W-11 was proposed to the grade 1 and now is deleted. I think that it was a great idea to make this proposal. For what I have done with the DS3 and the C4, the cars are not the same on all the surfaces but they are even if we considered a championship.
And if the WRC 2011 are less powerfull, I think it is great for the championship to see grade 2 and grade 1 fighting for the general standing.

With the new rules, I didn't see BTB tracks, I am sad to see this, because RDRC is the championship which proposed to run stage that over didn't run. Otherwise, we are running always on the same stage and new stage is better for everybody and had fun.

Now with the grade 1 I don't know what car I can run because I can not have the same choice as for the season 3.

I know it is hard to make rules that can make everybody happy, and I am really greatfull to all the job you have done for this great championship. I hope you didn't take it in the wrong way, I was just looking to see a championship more tight with a lot of fight, the new WRC was a good idea.

Rick,

I'm sorry, I'm confused. I ended S3 in Grade 2 and I had scored some overall points. Do I go to Grade 3 for S4, because I was in Grade 2 at the end of the S3, or do I stay in Grade 2 because I scored points? I'm happy either way.

And I have a suggestion. Since Grades 1 and 2 can both drive the 99-08 WRCs, why not add the newer WRCs? I haven't tried them but from the discussion here I don't imagine they provide any unfair advantage if someone wants to drive one.

Michael, like myself, we both scored outright points towards the end of S3 (but did not achieve a top 5 finish). We are now listed as Grade 2, you can check the S4 rules post. All of the drivers have been listed with their current grades for the coming season.

So Grade 2, is your answer.

Craig,

Jeff Feaker is in the same boat with us, but based on Senad's response, I think we'll be in Grade 3 for S4. The list of grades you note refers to the end of S3, not S4, I'm afraid. See, it is confusing!

Although I don't much care, I'm wondering whether it makes sense to put us in Grade 3. I only started with three races to go in S3, and moved up to Grade 2 after one event. I finished 9th and 10th in the last two events, in an S2000. I would think we should be in the same group as the ex-Group 1 guys who scored no points in 2011. If any of us (Grade 2 point scorers last season, now apparently slated for Grade 3) perform as we did last year, we should do better overall than the guys who will be in Grade 2 (non-points scorers last season). I'm not understanding the logic of that.

HELP!

I'm still confused.... Perhaps Rick can shed some light on this. I'd like to get going working on setups for the coming season and I don't know yet what I can drive.

Michael,

Senad and Craig are right.

The list of drivers and their grades in the Rules post are for Season 4 and are where you will STAY for season 4. There would be no reason to post a list of drivers showing what grade they WERE in in the Season 4 rules thread. .

Rick,
Thank you for the clarification. I agree with the logic that suggests posting only the grades as they will be at the start of S4, but the list itself said it was as of the end of S3, rather than as of the beginning of S4. Then Senad's earlier posts sought to distinguish between the end of S3 and the beginning of S4, which helped fuel my confusion.

Is there a reason why the 2WD cup can not run in the team championship

I felt that there would not be a great number of drivers running in the 2WD cup and as it is open to drivers from any grade it would creata an imbalance in the class. 2 grade 1 drivers running R3 or A6K cars would be almost unchallenged in the teams championship.

The 2WD cup is intended for those of us that want to enjoy the championship, drive something that is entertaining/challenging but not have the pressure of serious competition.

Hi, on the grading tables I am listed in both grade 3 and 4. I finished season 3 as grade 3 ( I was eligible for grade 2 but decided not to move up ) I assume that for season 4, I will remain as a grade 3 driver.
Thanks

Hi, on the grading tables I am listed in both grade 3 and 4. I finished season 3 as grade 3 ( I was eligible for grade 2 but decided not to move up ) I assume that for season 4, I will remain as a grade 3 driver.
Thanks

Yep your grade 3. Rick has put a lot of effort into the S4 rules, and driver grades for everyone. It is easy to find out what grade anyone is, he has provided a link above. Not just you, but so many people asking. :)

looking back at the final points tables for season 3, it seems i scored one lonely point in round 6 (i didnt even realise till now)
so after this i had a look at the rules just to see if this affected my grading for this season and it says that a driver will qualify for grade 2 if they score an outright point in the previous season ... however looking at the grading lists i am listed as grade 3?
just wondering if a mistake has been made or if ive misinterpreted the rules???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back