RDRC S9 Round 6 - Rally New Zealand (12th April - 18th April 2021)

I have done the first 5 stages before heading to work today. And as per usual, I have made a few notes along the way.

20210416113908_1.jpg

ss01 - Way too hesitant on the opening stage
ss02 - I still don't have the best feeling. This will be a tough rally.

20210416111313_1.jpg

ss03 - The car felt better in the dry conditions, but low on confidence.
ss04 - The understeer felt more pronounced on this one.
ss05 - This stage was slippery! Terrible understeer almost everywhere.

20210416111324_1.jpg

I will have to regroup, and try to build some more confidence for the final stages during the weekend, my pace is far from where it was in Spain so far...

20210416115732_1.jpg

Alright second day is in the books.

The day started rather well, considering that I drove like I fell asleep on the wheel on the first stage of day one. A fairly clean run with almost no damage. That's gotta be a first for the team this season.

Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2021.04.16 - 18.03.14.06.png

Still felt kinda bad for my sponsor getting his logo covered in gravel...

SS7 went alright. Now that the sun's fully out, I pushed as hard as I can. Naturally, I bent the wheel geometry in the process. Again. The mechanics weren't too happy when they noticed it during service, I think it's fair to say.

A change of tire compound and a few quick fixes later, I set off once again. Things went really well in SS8 and SS9 with seemingly no issues whatsoever...

20210414165509_1.jpg

...until I got halfway through SS10. As I clocked my time in the second split the engine light came on. "Welp, rally's over" I thought. But then I noticed that the radiator's fine and the turbo's still working so I kept my head and right foot down. SS11 was a long and slightly uphill stage so the loss of power is quite noticeable but it's manageable (I was also only 10 seconds behind Tommie Lindberg on this stage so I consider that a personal high point of this rally :cool:)

Final service before the power stage, I decided to slap on the softs to see if it can give me some sort of help in catching up with the top guys.

rsz_1rsz_dirt_rally_2_screenshot_20210416_-_18512151.jpg

Ready to rumble...

I was 10 seconds behind in the FIRST SPLIT. "Let's just focus on finishing the rally" said Mr. Mills, and I concurred. I pushed a little bit to give the spectators a show, and managed to cross the line with no major damage.

rsz_1rsz_3dirt_rally_2_screenshot_20210416_-_19040850.jpg

Crowd's actually facing the right way this time @Ole Marius Myrvold

Currently P12 on the class leaderboard so I'm just gonna tell my sponsors that it's my final standing and get my payments :roflmao:

Good luck for the rest of the rally, everyone!

Last edited:
Sadly rally over for me on stage 4. Quite a shame as I was really enjoying the NZ stages... And I was not that slow this time around, trailing about 1-2 sec per split to the fastest, which is huge for me since I usually lose around 5 seconds per split :D

You know that five left tightens to three on stage 3, with a nice hard border on the outside of the road. Well I got to know that corner in practice and learned to respect it. Until my official run where I spun and got a puncture. Then after losing about 2 minutes I proceeded to stage 4 and managed to hit the gate on the outside (which I never did in my practice runs...). Luckily for me I decided to go with only 1 spare on that leg, so decided to retire.

What's fascinating for me is how as soon as I am encouraged by my pace, I usually push too hard and crash. Finding a good balance between pushing but not too much is proving difficult! I kinda wish there was a way to disable the split display honestly, since wrc drivers dont have them nowadays anyway.

What a great sport this is though :) Good luck to everyone!

Wanted to keep risks at bay by not pushing too much, but still couldn't avoid two slow rollover+forced resets with penalty on stages 4 and 9, the first accompanied by a puncture. Both cost me significant time. On the 11th stage the car was undriveable from the go, so I failed to avoid 2 spins. Finally, had a high speed 360º to crown the 12th stage, but fortunately not more than ~2-3s were lost on the stunt. Every other stage went without much drama.

GL all

Last edited:
WoopWoop! My one practice stage is one. That is the one stage I've done since Rally Spain, but man the livery looks nice here!
Also, my NotSoSmart-Watch commended me of getting active and reaching todays step-goal, while I was throwing the car around. I guess that means two things, it's hectic, and the watch isn't smart at all!

As always. There will be a live-stream! I will probably regret doing the whole rally in one go with so little practice and so long rally. But hey ho, that's how I roll! :D
LIVE, Right now!

EDIT: And finished. The video will be up forever, so possible to view again. Don't know why though. It was a poor rally from me :p

Last edited:
nz1-01.jpeg
Dirt Rally 2 Screenshot 2021.04.17 - 13.21.49.25-01.jpeg
nz2-01.jpeg

Rally completed and I have mixed feelings about this one.

The pace was good but I made couple of annoying mistakes.
First half of the stages went very well but in the second half I started to get tired behind the wheel.
That led to three spins the most frustrating one being couple of corners before the finish line of the power stage.

Hopefully I won't lose too many positions because of all of that. I would love to challenge for 3rd in the championship standings.

Last edited:
View attachment 466321View attachment 466322View attachment 466323

Rally completed and I have mixed feelings about this one.

The pace was good but I made couple of annoying mistakes.
First half of the stages went very well but in the second half I started to get tired behind the wheel.
That led to three spins the most frustrating one being couple of corners before the finish line of the power stage.

Hopefully I won't lose too many positions because of all of that. I would love to challenge for 3rd in the championship standings.
How are you guys getting these shots? Is there a photo mode that I've missed? Or do you use the replay function to get these?

He didn't change it for Spain. Or, rather. He drove a different car in Spain without officially changing it, and was disqualified - see Directors Note-thread for that info :)

In other words, if he is driving the car he is signed up with, he will be on the results for this event.
Ok. That is confusing. Maybe next season you will make rule that change is not possible at all. Then it‘s more clear and more easy to follow.

Ok. That is confusing. Maybe next season you will make rule that change is not possible at all. Then it‘s more clear and more easy to follow.

It's been allowed in 9 out of 9 RDRC seasons so far, it's not that confusing.
It's also not the first time drivers have been DQ'd for driving the wrong car. That happens every season. People making mistakes when choosing car in the game.

The one change a season rule is unlikely to change.

How are you guys getting these shots? Is there a photo mode that I've missed? Or do you use the replay function to get these?
I use this to get the free camera in replays:

And then I edit the screenshots in Photoshop and Snapseed.

Fast and fun with a quite a few spins. Clipped the banks at speed and had to recover from facing the wrong way on SS2, SS4 and SS6, but I managed to keep it neat and tidy otherwise and more importantly not break anything important.

Had a much better run on the second leg (apart from hitting a pole after the finish on SS8, oops) Power stage was maybe a little bit scrappy in places, but I don't think I lost enough time to really cost me any points:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.3%