RDRC S9 Round 5 - Rally Spain (29th March - 4th April 2021)

Oh hey my screenshot made it into the magazine. Kinda sad seeing the DNF next to my name but I guess the good comes with the bad (or something along those lines)

Well, I hope I don't end up the same way for this one. I'll try my best not to fly off the road :roflmao:

Lol re reading it says Show sorry lol, should get those reading glasses i've been meaning to get for years :)
I thought it said "Snow" too! I thought to myself, well, it is up in the mountains, I don't remember snow but maybe there is...

The font isn't too kind, I'll update it to "showers" later tonight. I assume people understand that when it's raining the surface is wet...!

Oh hey my screenshot made it into the magazine. Kinda sad seeing the DNF next to my name but I guess the good comes with the bad (or something along those lines)

Well, I hope I don't end up the same way for this one. I'll try my best not to fly off the road :roflmao:

Usually we choose 70-90 screenshots from the Rally World/Rally Event thread that is included in the "possible to use", then a further 10-20 from Richard Burns Rally (the RDRC Evolution/RDRC History articles).
Then from those, the screenshots are selected. It's a bigger chance to be included if there are RDRC-banners/numbers on the car, but that's not anything that's required :)
It helps if you don't have a watermark/timing in an area of the screenshot that's great though.

An example is this from @Roland
wet_1-jpg.455789

For me, this screenshot "screams" a slightly soft setup on the car, and a driver that have the throttle planted to the floor, and then some more. But at the same time, to be able to get that "feeling" through the picture in the magazine, we need to use more than just the car, and Roland had the stage-time on the upper left there. So that screenshot wasn't included in the original "possible to use".
EDIT: Of course, if this had been the only shot that Roland had shared, it would've been included, but he shared so many that we could be picky :)

We do try to feature as many different drivers, liveries and cars as possible though :) Not at least helped by the "Rally World" section at the end of each mag.

Last edited:
..:: MÜLLER MOTORSPORT RDRC-2 LIVESTREAM ::..

We stream our Rally Spain live on our YT-channel.
The run from our first driver, Paul Müller, starts in 5-10 minutes.

Watch it live here and don‘t forget to like our channel - we need the money to repair the cars those Müller-cousins wreck with every rally they participate :ninja:

You can watch the stream here: Müller Motorsport @ Catalonia

Last edited:
Due to work the rest of the week, I ran my whole rally today. I was going well until late in SS4 small mistake cost little time and damage, affecting SS5 and SS6 slightly. This was followed by a spectacular puncture in SS7 whilst losing control during the 5 left, 5 right cut, 6 left section. I recovered from that to take some great pace into the same section of SS8 (reversed of course), only to take too much speed and take a corner too tight, sending my fiesta radiator first into a tree.
From here my co-driver kept yelling at me about an overheating, then failing engine, but I managed to putt putt putt the mighty fiesta home.

Below is what I had to deal with by the time I made it to SS11

Done with the first day. I was supposed to switch to the other setup that I prepared for the second half of the day but I forgot to do it (rookie mistake :rolleyes:) and ended up losing a bit of time. At least I didn't forget to switch the tyres.

I might have gotten a *little bit* too close to the barrier as well, leaving a few scratches and dents on the Fiesta. And by a few I mean....just see for yourself :roflmao:.

20210330171817_1.jpg

Mr. Barry R., meet Fox

Nothing serious as far as mechanical damage is concerned, though it was quite challenging to finish SS6 with just one "eye" on the road.

20210330172801_1.jpg

Feels just like having one side of your nose blocked

Getting some rest before the second day, hopefully I can stay on the road until the end.

Last edited:
SpinningGenius J-RDRC: you rock!

Well thanks! I look forward to what compliments you have for the frontrunners when they turn up and go a second and a half per km faster!

A steady run through day 1, but lost some time in sector 5 of stage 4 with a couple of careless errors. Fortunately only one light was put out, and I retained the middle row of lights so could see on stage 6.

What tyres to select for the long leg?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 6.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 164 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 313 27.8%
  • 100% offline racing