RDRC S9 Round 3 - Rally Argentina (1st March - 7th March 2021)

Provisional Results are out! You can find them here!

As always, we have some unknown RaceNet-names, they will be listed in this post.
Drivers on list list, have until Wednesday 10th March 01:50 UTC to notify us about names to be included in final results. Names with an asterix was also unknown in the previous events and will be removed from RaceNet leagues if the driver(s) notify us.

Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: Ahn
Unrecognized RaceNet: blade31887*
Unrecognized RaceNet: CR0ne7*
Unrecognized RaceNet: Gregor Eberhardt
Unrecognized RaceNet: oyunbozan
Unrecognized RaceNet: RaidoMartin1996*
Unrecognized RaceNet: UnknowRacer

* Will be removed from RaceNet League if not fixed/entered in the championship

Provisional Results are out! You can find them here!

As always, we have some unknown RaceNet-names, they will be listed in this post.
Drivers on list list, have until Wednesday 10th March 01:50 UTC to notify us about names to be included in final results. Names with an asterix was also unknown in the previous events and will be removed from RaceNet leagues if the driver(s) notify us.

Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: Ahn
Unrecognized RaceNet: blade31887*
Unrecognized RaceNet: CR0ne7*
Unrecognized RaceNet: Gregor Eberhardt
Unrecognized RaceNet: oyunbozan
Unrecognized RaceNet: RaidoMartin1996*
Unrecognized RaceNet: UnknowRacer

* Will be removed from RaceNet League if not fixed/entered in the championship

I´m Gregor Eberhardt, as far as I remember I´m entered in the championship as Gregor Eberhardt too. Do I have to change the forum name too here or how can I fix this nameproblem ? Thanks in advance

so interesting to read the reports and fun to see three different lancia delta groupA cars photographed at the very finish, would make for a nice photoshoped photo finish :) thx organizers for setting this up. i am still too dumb to find the magazines, though, where are they?

Last edited:
When will you start handing out "participation trophies" Ole? :p

participation_trophy_1_1024x1024.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
fiestaarg1 jpg.jpg

I didn't have a lot of expectations for this rally. With this being arguably the toughest round in the season I wanted to have a clean run with a decent pace.

It all started very well on SS1. I'm usually not super fast at the start but this time I had a good clean run that put me in P8 overall. I was very happy.

fiesta stage 1 argentina jpg 2.jpg

But then came the night and I must say I was scared. I couldn't see much and the rocks felt closer than ever before. I wanted to go through the 4 stages with a careful approach which looking back at it was a wrong mindset. I was too hesitant in the car and after being slow at SS2 I rolled the car into rocks on SS3. That dropped me way down to P44.

I was quite angry at myself but thanks to that I somehow found more focus and confidence in the car.
SS4 was better. I was very happy with SS5. I knew driving there on super used tires would be a huge challenge but I felt like I did a great job being 9th fastest there. P26 at the end of the day.

fiestaarg3 jpg.jpg

I was very motivated to continue my comeback to a points position.

It went great at SS6 and SS7. On SS8 I spun at the beginning of the fast section but thankfully there was no contact with anything.

On SS10 I had a puncture but I was relieved it was right at the end of it. My tire exploded right before the finish line.

SS11 went great. SS12 felt so weird. I thought I was all over the place there but I actually managed to put a really good time for me there. And I punctured my tire (again) right at the end.

Came back from P44 to P14. That's pretty much all I could do and I'm quite happy.

Can't wait for my home rally in Poland. See you all there!

Ok, P 34, there is still room for improvement :)

After my teeth fell out on the first stage and as an aging mole I can't see anything at night anyway:
I am quite satisfied with the result. :cool:

Almost faultless and constantly slow to the finish, that has a future :thumbsup:

Even if I often bite the steering wheel (here without teeth) and ask myself: What am I doing wrong?

As Rawbear showed me: It can not be due to age: Congratulations young at heart . You could drink a big beer until I was at the finish.

Let's go to Poland:

You can't be serious. There it goes only full throttle...... in the trees :speechless:

Little late with my report but that sums up my week tbh. Been a rough time so thought I was gonna end up missing this round but managed to get a last minute run in last night. Didn't have time for any practice so went in totally blind having never run the Argentine stages before so I'm thrilled to say I finally managed to finish! Was honestly expecting another DNF here to match Monte where I flew off the mountain and Sweden where I broke my suspension after ending up in somebodies living room so I'm so happy to have finally made my way to the end.

My rally wasn't anything too special. My pace was dreadful, often in the last 10 runners but I managed to keep things mostly clean for once except for a couple of rolls. Even managed to totally fix the car in each service for the first time. My biggest issue was this one corner. I think it was something like a 6 right into a 1/2 left with a 1 right after just before the grate. Looks like the same one that @alex2106 had problems with actually. Managed to just about get the car slowed on the second time through but flew off on the other two, missing the note the first time then getting a bit too confident on the other. Luckily was only minimal damage both times, mostly just bodywork.

Still to finish P39 in J-RDRC might not sound to impressive with 45 finishers but I'm very happy with my result and one of the most enjoyable driving experiences I've had in a long time, especially that fast section from stage 1 (San Isidro I think it was called). Had a blast running that section forwards and back, enjoyed it everytime! Congrats to everyone who finished, especially those crazy fast aliens at the pointy end of the fields! See you all in Poland if I make it without hitting those trees too much. Can't wait!

Last edited:
I´m Gregor Eberhardt, as far as I remember I´m entered in the championship as Gregor Eberhardt too. Do I have to change the forum name too here or how can I fix this nameproblem ? Thanks in advance

Fixed! :)

The error was so simple that the sign-up with GregorEberhardt (no space). That's where the mismatch came from. So you'll be on the final results when they are out :)

Only placed one position lower than in Sweden despite running through 80% of the Rally with a damaged engine... just gotta fix those small mistakes leading to me damaging the car and I should hopefully be able to get into at least the top 30, maybe even top 20. More than enough Rallies to try and get some points! :D

Sorry I missed this one lads. Had intended to run it Sunday night, but we had a bit of an accident in the van so didn't get home till all hours.

Onward and upward! Congrats to all :D

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing