RDRC S9 Round 3 - Rally Argentina (1st March - 7th March 2021)

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
HXpIuEs.jpg

Finally done with the freezing weather in RDRC, and time to get on to the gravel! Up into the mountains of Argentina, and we'll have the shortest rally of the season. At least in distance, but it's narrow, technical and very challenging, so it certainly won't feel like a short rally.

Rally Sweden brought us new a new overall-winner, and new class winners. It also caused quite a bit of change in the championship-standings. This is something we expect to see after Argentina as well as the rally is a completely different beast compared to the first two rallies. To read more about the upcoming rally, how Rally Sweden unfolded, a feature on our real world WRC-2 team participating in RDRC and more, take a look at our Argentina Rally Magazine.

View the Argentina Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here.
Download
the Argentina Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (39.7mb)

RDRC Rally Magazine is designed and developed by: RACEmotion (Jack Hintz), Ole Marius Myrvold and Michael Nelson

UjWuVWN.jpg

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 1st March 00:00 UTC until 7th March 23:59 UTC. You must finish and have uploaded your times from the last stage before the end-time to register the stage result.​
  • Remember to join the correct league/club for the class you drive in. If not, you will not be able to participate.​
  • If your name on the results shown at dirtrally2.dirtgame.com doesn't match what you signed up with, or doesn't match what you have on the official entry list (see first post in the Sign-Up thread) and fail to inform us about your correct name within 48 hours of the provisional results being published. You will be removed from the results. There will be no exceptions to this. See Directors Note for rules-clarification on this.
  • If you haven't signed up, you can do that here. You must sign-up to be able to participate. The sign-up must be accepted and valid before the end of the rally to be accepted.​
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread. Screenshots can be end up being included in the next magazine!​
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share the perfect runs and the perfect failures! All in the name of fun!​
  • Driving in more than one class will lead to an instant DQ(removal) from the results.
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.
  • Good luck and have fun!! :)

And with all this information, the thread for Rally Argentina is... open. A bit over a day until the rally starts, and it's time for the drivers and crews to avoid all the stones!

On behalf of the whole RDRC-Crew, I wish everyone a great time in the Argentine mountains. Remember to take care of your car, tyres and on the first day, also your lights! Have fun!

Wow, feeling kind this week with a third service I see! Think there are a good few of us who might end up needing it, especially with that brutal night section. Gonna be a tough rally but very fun so good luck everybody because I think some of us amateurs need it! Actually, the more I think about it the more I think we're all gonna need it :laugh:

Last edited:
Wow, feeling kind this week with a third service I see!

Maybe it's kind, maybe it's not. There's a risk in it ;P

Soft to hard to soft to hard? the first corners on the hards in the dark are looking like fun

I think that's worth a test or two ;) Especially considering the wet stage on the last loop, and the relative short distance on the rally.

Now, 0, 1 or 2 spares that will be a question!

First of all: Once again a big thank you to everybody involved who makes this championship happen, be it organizing stuff, driving as a competitior or even having schizophrenic traits and doing both like @Ole Marius Myrvold and @Daniel Monteiro are doing :p

Not really feeling too well if I look at the stages, or the rally location per se. Argentinia is something I very much tried to avoid while playing the game normally. Also the amount of practice runs we at Missed Apex Racing had was a bit compromised this time as @Michael Springer and myself participated in the 12 Hours of Bathurst in iRacing yesterday.

So that only leaves us with enough time to go to Argentinia by plane just now - cars should have arrived already, but I really hope that the team buffed out the dents and scratches already. Not like thats worth anything, as the rocks will probably do their thing again this time. :rolleyes:

To all the drivers out there - good luck! And most importantly enjoy it. See you out on stage guys.

Practice is going really well! :unsure: What a challenge, wow.

Good! I mean, not good that you are getting into issues when practicing, but good that it might be a very challenging rally. I think I said it in the Sweden-thread. When I started watching WRC it was "Monte - Sweden - Massive Challenge" for the first three events :p

It's easy to see where the inspiration are coming from :whistling:

Practice is going really well! :unsure: What a challenge, wow.

haha, same here, did one of the long stages at night and could keep those fancy extra lights on for maybe one third of the stage. in the more labyrinthian parts they are not so important anyway, but in the open country ... well, whatever, we all love a challenge! this is going to be fun. will be testing the other long stage in rain later this evening, and then: bring on Monday!

D3648BC4D9B0389E0A4E3387EFD215E75D1AACBB

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 249 15.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 167 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 166 10.0%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 122 7.4%
  • < 5 years