RDRC S9 Round 1 - Rally Monte Carlo (1st February - 7th February 2021)

POINTS!!
POINTS!!!

After an utterly terrible S8 and a reputation for whamming into things here there and everywhere, I go and score RDRC-2 points on the Monte?! I'll take that!! :D

Last edited:
Well at least I met one of my less optimistic goals. Not last overall in any stages! We'll just have to ignore that I was last overall from SS2-6 and in class from SS2-7 and that I was P218 of 220 overall before my crash :laugh:

Last edited:
I'm delighted with my points finish in J-RDRC class and to end up as the top British driver in class, particularly with it being my first 'organised' rally of any kind, and since I only started using manual gears the day before I started the rally. I might just stick with them!

I'm not normally a fan of the Monte stages but I'd hazard a guess there's a disproportionately high DNF rate on this rally, so who knows where I'll finish in the next rallies?!

Thanks to the organisers!

Going into this Monte Carlo rally, i was hopefull that it would better than my last rally endevours from last season. I had more simracing experience, a bit more sim-rallying experience but i was kinda sad that i had to let go the Peugeot F2 Kit car. I was going to go originally for the J-RDRC class with the FWD R2s but they weren't as exciting as the F2s. So i went with the RDRC-2 class with the Lancer and i off i went. Monte carlo is a rally with stages that i liked but i didn't expect to be doing as good i did with being in contention for a top 10. Ok small bumps with the walls, a very close jump-start penatly in SS4 (probably jumped it by like 0,001) might not be the best but considering how it was at that point, it was excelent by my standards.

And that was up until SS6/SS7 where i had gotten a puncture and chose not take the 1 minute penalty, although looking at it back i know i probably should have since i lost 2 minutes. That plus the radiatior + engine damage i got, made slow down a bit and wait for the repairs. So repairs came, had a car in relatively good shape with the part being worst off was the lights (damaged one of them in SS4 i believe) and the wheel geometry which wasn't bad since the car wasn't handling too bad and only had issues with it going to right or the left at the start (was doing stages like that in the previous stages and other offline rallies too with no issues). But hitting a wall right after the repairs gave radiatior damage and mid-way through i also got engine damage. Things went worse as in the next stage, i hit the starting flags causing even more damage. At that point any chance i had for a good recovery drive where thrown of the mountains of Monte, nowhere to be seen and essentially cruised to the finish line, making the spectators go "huh i thought that the course already went by and why is it so damaged too?"

With this event i am going confident going into the next rallies knowning that at least i have some pace. Also this was my first club event in DR2.0 and man i hate how i couldn't see the stage times of other drivers. Why codies? Just WHY?

My first ever rally I just wanted to be safe and actually make it to the finish. So I took it safe and slow and see were it would get me. At the first Service area i didnt even have anything to fix or repair ... jeez.

Then in stage 6 there was a tight hairpin to the right, with a very small wooden fence which i hit. I didnt wanna take the recover penalty, so i just put it into reverse... and reversed into the ravine :(

Still quite proud of my perfomance really, but I really sat there looking at my screen for 10 seconds, stunned and gutted. Onwards.

Thank you to everyone involved in organising this, and thank you too to the fellow competitors that will make me strive for improvement ;)

Last edited:
Although provisional still, I will gladly take 24th! :D My rally was quite eventful and in the last stages the car was badly damaged, so I lost plenty of time there. Monte-Carlo is a big challenge to me, I find it the hardest rally after Finland. Very easy to make a deadly mistake, especially with so few service areas.

I am happy I managed to bring the Impreza to the finish line! Hopefully Sweden will go smoother. Thank you to the Staff for organising such a championship, I know how much work there is behind it (especially running four classes!), so thanks all! With yet another lockdown underway in my country, at least we have plenty of sim-racing to look forward to. ;)

My first ever rally I just wanted to be safe and actually make it to the finish. So I took it safe and slow and see were it would get me. At the first Service area i didnt even have anything to fix or repair ... jeez.

Then in stage 6 there was a tight hairpin to the right, with a very small wooden fence which i hit. I didnt wanna take the recover penalty, so i just put it into reverse... and reversed into the ravine :(

Still quite proud of my perfomance really, but I really sat there looking at my screen for 10 seconds, stunned and gutted. Onwards.

Thank you to everyone involved in organising this, and thank you too to the fellow competitors that will make me strive for improvement ;)
Nearly choked on my tea at the reversing into ravine comment, what a bummer and have done it many times as not much width on the tracks :) trying not too chuckle but the way you worded it makes me laugh but feel your sadness at sitting looking at screen for 10 also, I done 80% of the rally with a super weak engine that struggled badly and seeing your comment wished I'd done the same but hey ho got 7tps , never give up as they say.

Last edited:
Provisional Results are out! You can find them here!

As always, we have some unknown RaceNet-names, they will be listed in this post.
Drivers on list list, have until Tuesday 9th February 23:59 UTC to notify us about names to be included in final results. Names with an asterix was also unknown in the last event (Testland) and will be removed from RaceNet leagues if the driver(s) notify us.

Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: beige.jobby
Unrecognized RaceNet: capelo_rc
Unrecognized RaceNet: eansys
Unrecognized RaceNet: Edu94ardo01* **
Unrecognized RaceNet: Edu94ardo01* **
Unrecognized RaceNet: egulaars
Unrecognized RaceNet: GilOM
Unrecognized RaceNet: JaimeGamer*
Unrecognized RaceNet: Mário Castro
Unrecognized RaceNet: oddmhoy*
Unrecognized RaceNet: P.Gordon
Unrecognized RaceNet: pemomafe
Unrecognized RaceNet: Racer_Dead2 **
Unrecognized RaceNet: Racer_Dead2 **
Unrecognized RaceNet: rallyman42
Unrecognized RaceNet: Ronny2000ras
Unrecognized RaceNet: s.machado
Unrecognized RaceNet: skoti-a **
Unrecognized RaceNet: skoti-a **
Unrecognized RaceNet: Tonieduardo
Unrecognized RaceNet: voky222
In RaceNet I am eansys. On the site eansys was allready taken but not by me. In Steam I am eansys. I crashed the car in the first stage of monte Carlo so i did retire.

Hello,

It's nice that so many people talk about their rally experiences. A long time ago I was active in a German series with RBR, which was also common there and that made driving fun.
Most recently I drove a little Assetto Corsa and WRC9 on my own.

After reading about the local championship, I installed DR2 and now survived my first rally properly.

Many thanks to the RD-Team. It's great that you make such an effort for our fun.

Since DR2 is still new territory for me, I tried to avoid mistakes and any risk. It was also successful, I ended up in the middle of the field, the team manager was happy.

I still have to work on the pacenotes, that was much better at RBR :)

Let's go to Sweden.
Wow is that quick there

For me this event was a great result for me. The lancer was handling so good and I didn’t really have too many mistakes. Taking overall stage wins in an RDRC2 car I was happy with! Finishing 2nd overall in a Mitsubishi Lancer against R5 cars I am very happy with! Thank you to the guys that organized the event.

FInal Results are out! You can find them here!

Point Scoring drivers overall
7o9nuki.png

Point Scoring drivers RDRC-2
KogSAJl.png

Point Scoring drivers RDRC-3
kk9Qjyb.png

Point Scoring drivers J-RDRC

25NChgs.png

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing