RDRC S8 Round 6 - Rally Wales (8th May - 14th May 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Eckhart von Glan Join me in the trailer buddy. And have some welsh cakes with me. Great to see you finishing all rally's! Let's celebrate this great championship.
going to follow that welsh cake joke all the way to its end and will bake some this afternoon, never even knew they existed before i found that image yesterday, lol. my son is home for the weekend from uni with two pals so they will be gone in a jiffy, i suppose, will do a pic before.

and here they are:

P1030220_zpsrflz0eg9.jpg

absolutely delicious, it's a normal cookie dough with spices and prepared like pancakes in a hot pan. Sugar or marmelade on top, eat 'em warm with a good cup of tea! I dedicate these to every player who lost their virtual ride somewhere in the Welsh forests :thumbsup:

and here they are:

P1030220_zpsrflz0eg9.jpg

absolutely delicious, it's a normal cookie dough with spices and prepared like pancakes in a hot pan. Sugar or marmelade on top, eat 'em warm with a good cup of tea! I dedicate these to every player who lost their virtual ride somewhere in the Welsh forests :thumbsup:

So, you found the cake yesterday, and with no idea if it is any good or anything, just got the ingredients and made them today!? Me love that!

..:: DAY THREE ::..

Drama Baby...here again the initial position before the last 5 stages in 4WD- class:
Thomas, Andy & Bruce are far away, but behind there's a battle going on :ninja:
The leaderboard after SS15 was as follows:
Jono 01:03:38
Me 01:03:45
Alex 01:03:51
Nigel 01:03:56
Taz 01:04:14 (He did a tremendous drive on the last 5 stages as we know from a bit above in this thread)

I was quite nervous all over the day, calmed myself down at 200km/h on the german Autobahn :whistling: in the afternoon (God save the german Autobahn as long as my company pays the fuel :p) and did some training (back at home on my rig) before entering the rally...read here what happened:
Stage 16 - Pant Mawr:
I had a good start and was able to tie with Jono as I did Pant Mawr 7s faster than him...

Stage 17 - Dyffryn Affron:
I lost 2 seconds on Jono here as my main aim was to keep the car on the road safely here. My plan was to not loose too much on him and get the time back on the next 2 stages as the forecast saw dry roads...

Stage 18 - Fferm Wynt:
My personal horror stage on the first day went superb this time and I nearly made 4s on Jono which led to a 1,3s lead in total before heading to the last 2 stages...could there be more tension?!

Stage 19 - Pant Mawr Reverse:
I was able to put another 2,6s on Jono here :cool: Despite the MIL on the Lancia felt good in accelerating out of the corners and my self-confidence went hand-in-hand with my concentration... So 3,9s ahead of Jono before the last dance at Sweet Lamb. Taz, Alex & Nigel all were over 10s behind me, so if nothing went wrong this should be a duel between Jono & me for actual P4 in our class.

Stage 20 - Sweet Lamb:
Only stage where I took screenshots as I didn't watch any replay the stages before...was like in a tunnel and not able to do anything but drive :rolleyes:
rdrc_wal_15.jpg

First part went good...

rdrc_wal_16.jpg

rdrc_wal_17.jpg

...and the second half I got nervous with every corner more...
rdrc_wal_18.jpg

But I got the car to the last section where the spectators stood all day long to see a thrilling finish. Washed the car a bit...
rdrc_wal_19.jpg

...and finished in 6:10 - the same time Jono took this stage in :thumbsup:
rdrc_wal_20.jpg

So, this was really good fun here at Wales - the rally I feared most in the championship!!!!

I think everything regarding this championship has been said before but I won't close my last report of this season without saying thanks in my own words :p

Thanks to the guys from RD for letting me take part in this championship, thanks to all the organizers & admins of this season for your work, your answers and solutions and last but not least a big thanks to all the competitors who joined the conversations or posted vids & pics from their stages here at RD - this made the whole thing even bigger & better!!

So, needless to say, I hope to see you at Season 9 on Dirt 4 :)

Hey everyone, I came into this event really happy to make a one off appearance in a beautiful Lancia 037 by Jack's team and was very excited to participate in the championship again after seeing how fanastic and popular it's become, but unfortunately my brake pedal decided to die at the worst possible time as I was preparing for leg 2 of the rally.

I tried everything I could to fix it but unfortunately it didn't help, and without a working brake pedal I'm afraid I won't be able to finish the rest of the event so I'm retiring after Day 1 because of brake failure :( I'm not gonna say names but I would definitely NOT advice anyone to buy products from this company whose name starts with T... and ends with hrustmaster, I'm extremely dissapointed because it was being a very fun event and I'm very dissapointed and sorry to @Jack Hintz who very kindly let me use one of his beautiful Lancia 037's and made a beautiful livery for it.

Overall, I'm very very dissapointed about not being able to finish this special event.

PoycuoN.jpg

JW3sZk9.jpg

DXWOs06.jpg

I also have to say thank you to @Ole Marius Myrvold who's made some fantastic write ups for the RDRC magazine and never fails to make me smile with his articles :) and of course to my good friend @Michael Nelson who also helped me prepare for the event, and I think everyone should say thanks to them too because it's those 3 who have made all of this, the best online rally championship, possible for the last few seasons and they've done so brilliantly event after event first in RBR and now in Dirt Rally a round of applause for our fantastic organisers :)

As Ole Marius mentioned, I got Dirt Rally on 5 de Mayo lol which means I had less than 10 days to learn everything about DR, prepare for the rally and finish it, which was a big challenge because Dirt Rally's physics share some similarities with RBR's but are very different in some parts, and to top things off I decided to choose the most difficult car to drive in the game, in a rally everyone's practiced since early acces and in a class where the kit cars are faster, but the rally actually went very well.

I lost a few seconds here and there in the rainy stages and overshot a junction making me loose about 10 seconds, but I got the time back by pushing hard on the remaining stages of day 1 and getting a few PBs in some stages, I was extremely happy with how the rally was going until then, I was 11th overall on PC and in fronf of the much feared Kit Cars when I finished day 1, which made it all the more dissapointing having to retire now :(

This Rally was a special one because it was my 40th RDRC start, the last event using number 1 and stage 15 was going to be my 500th stage in RDRC. I'll be moving to another country soon so I won't be able to compete again at least until a few years.

But after all I'm very happy because I like seeing what RDRC has become, seeing so many people sharing their experiences and pictures, and the great level of competition in all the classes, the streams, the excitement and the huge entry lists, it's really cool :D well done to everyone for this great championship season, I sure enjoyed watching as a fan and then as a driver for this rally. :thumbsup:

And I know the rally isn't over yet but I think it's mosty likely that @dynt will be the new champion, so here I have something that belongs to you now mate....

1-7.jpg

but you have to use it after this rally.

And of course, many congratulations to you, winning the championship always requires huge concentration, practice, effort and even sometimes luck, it's a great achievement and you need to be a fantastic driver to win it, (I would know :cool::roflmao:) so I'm happy to see that a you're going to be carrying the great number from now on :thumbsup:

Thank you guys and well done for this great season.

Came into the last event of the season in a bit of a dilemma, drive cautiously and secure the points needed to tie up the championship or go for it on my home event.Having done the RAC rally 9 or 10 times and the Welsh rally 3 or 4 times in real life i know theses stages backwards so decided to go for it.
I must say Ari's pace was first rate but still managed a healthy pace on Day1. Day 2 was very troubling, 2 rolls, i hit a flying finnish board and 3 offs, but very lucky not to hit anything head on.
Day 3 plan was simple take it easy in the rain on the first 2 stages and go for it on the last 3 stages, all went to plan with no dramas, the added bonus was Christos who is in second place in the championship had a non finnish so pressure was off.
Great event and very challenging a big kudos to the event organizers.

SRmdPTE.jpg

qtlO1B6.jpg
dfrr.jpg

I thought this rally will be the best for me, because I love the gravel stages. But this was a nightmare. I love this physics & hitbox. Results: front left puncture, suspension damaged, engine failure

NEVER HAVE I EVER HAD SO MUCH FUN FROM A RALLY EVENT!
I LOVE WALES!

Day 2
With engine and radiator problems at the start of the day, a cautious approach was taken by myself in order to ensure that I finish in one piece. However, a collision with a post knocked my confidence on SS10 but a good rhythm was found on the following three stages. Another cautious approach as we headed into the night stages! All was safe and ok!

A8D92EABF546BC8A79D7937587A20DD7F2339390

Day 3
I have never had so much excitement from a rally event! Clean driving led the car to stick on the road (always a bonus) and was probably my best RDRC performance this season, despite not being the quickest...

E63691DA91272CD5DD499825E265413BB95E8E50

THANK YOU!
Well done to all competitors for completing the season of the RDRC!
Thank you to @Jack Hintz for all his work on the magazines!
Thank you to the admins for the organisation and coordination of the championship!

I wish you all the best of luck in whatever discipline and championship you are taking part in and see you all again for Season 9 (hopefully on Dirt 4)!

David Baker/BiscuitsHD xx

[Quote = "DYNT, de la publicación: 2476354, miembro de: 218196"] Entró en el último evento de la temporada en un poco de un dilema, conducir con precaución y asegurar los puntos necesarios para amarrar el campeonato o ir por ella en mi prueba de casa .Having hecho el rally RAC 9 o 10 veces y los galeses rally de 3 o 4 veces en la vida real Yo sé tesis etapas hacia atrás, así que decidimos ir a por ello.
Debo decir que el ritmo de Ari fue de primera clase, pero aún logró un ritmo saludable en el día 1. Día 2 era muy preocupante, 2 rollos, me golpeó una placa volar finlandesa y 3 offs, pero muy afortunado de no golpear la cabeza nada en.
Día 3 plan era sencillo tomarlo con calma bajo la lluvia en las 2 primeras etapas e ir por ella en las últimas 3 etapas, todo salió como estaba previsto, sin dramas, la ventaja añadida era Christos que está en segundo lugar en el campeonato tenía un no finlandesa lo que la presión estaba apagado.
Gran evento y muy desafiante a grandes felicitaciones a los organizadores del evento.

SRmdPTE.jpg

qtlO1B6.jpg
[ATTACH = full] 190882 [/ attach] [/ QUOTE]
My friend! How nice to meet you here ... Greetings!

Disaster on SS7. I somehow managed to unbind my pause key so when my wirless headphones ran out of battery I couldn't pause. I had to run the stage without sound. Now that was quite tricky to say the least. I eventually went off the road and lost a good 20 seconds or so.

:rolleyes::D

Disaster on SS7. I somehow managed to unbind my pause key so when my wirless headphones ran out of battery I couldn't pause. I had to run the stage without sound. Now that was quite tricky to say the least. I eventually went off the road and lost a good 20 seconds or so.

:rolleyes::D

So yeah, that problem gor me out of the rhytm I had. The explosive roadside banks(glad those seems to be sorted in D4) sent me flying on SS8. Had to crawl through that stage on the rim.

Needless to say my pug was severely beaten up by the first service. Had to bet all on the radiator which didn't help in the end. My car was very very sick.
iMJH32D.jpg

At the start of SS13.
ANdjgmV.jpg

Mid way through SS13.
Rqii0Sc.jpg

On the positive side, I managed to transform my 306 to a 106 :D
mXA67q2.jpg

So... After my firt RDRC participation in Germany, here came Wales.

I chose to kept my old Mini Cooper to keep learning and challenging the other Mini pilot discodave2004.

Day 1 was quite tough... from one stage to another I was once good, once really bad, and hurt my car badly from stage 2...
View attachment 190948 View attachment 190949
DiRT Rally_20170514101855.jpg

Discodave2004 outrunned me from the start, so I had to push to the limits, and sometimes went over it...
DiRT Rally_20170514102642.jpg
DiRT Rally_20170514102757.jpg
DiRT Rally_20170514110902.jpg
DiRT Rally_20170514112048.jpg

End of Day 1, 1:05min behind discodave2004, which I consider to be really fine.
I saw some cars disappear from PS4 results, and some stay but after loosing a lot of time, while my little car keep going.
My Mini is not exactly in a very fine condition but after some repairs, day 2 shouldn't be quite a problem.
DiRT Rally_20170514112548.jpg

Well... the fact is that it was a problem, and not only to me considering the problems of my scottish opponent, and a stage later (12th), his retirement. I had some more crashes, played the mower sometimes, but keep attacking for pleasure all day long.
DiRT Rally_20170514114530.jpg
DiRT Rally_20170514114646.jpg
DiRT Rally_20170514122133.jpg
DiRT Rally_20170514122231.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 238 10.7%