RDRC S8 Round 6 - Rally Wales (8th May - 14th May 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if SIM mode will have an option so make sure crashes will be fatal to the car or driver. It will be much better. This means people must find a balance between car repairs, pushing car, being cautious and know where to slow down to avoid dnf or death
Gosh, not sure I'm brave enough to try D4 SIM mode then. Will the "fatal to driver" option require extra hardware? Like, maybe a high-voltage power supply and some chest electrodes? ;) Still, it'd discourage those pesky hotlappers!

I decided to have a Trial Run of a few stages with a new setup :roflmao:.. Back end of the car is more likely to let go with excessive steering :rolleyes:but damm does it go like a bullet :cool:. Front of the car goes where you point it :thumbsup: Even on the 3 Trial stages i managed to set 2 PB`s in total.

I`ll do the normal thing (stream) when i run this RDRC Season 8 Round 6 Wales rally, sometime in the next 2 days :D

Done with Day 1 at Wales. Only one mistake at Geufron Forest that cost me 2-3 seconds. I did well the first Day. 2nd in -4WD. :D

nice fabian .. I saw you come into my Testing session .. Thanks for the nice comments :)

Since I have family coming to visit for a week I decided to polish off the last 5 stages tonight since the crew got the Team Fate Rally Kadett bodged back together. Everything went well and I believe I set a couple more PR's. I downloaded a new Nvidia driver this afternoon so I was able to record a couple stages which I'll offer up later. I felt this was one of my best events all season with very few mistakes and some decent stages. Now we'll just have to wait for the rest of the 2wd- guys to filter through to see where I end up. Huge kudos to the whole RDRC team who made these events possible, it has been a fantastic event to compete in and you should all be proud of your professionalism.

It do sound a bit more professional with "Service A" rather than "Savepoint A for people that might have a game crash and have to have this save point to at all be able to restart the event" (as it in reality is), though I understand your point.
Not likely? It seems to be misunderstood: I mean "Service A" is supposed to be AFTER the first stages, not before the first stages. "Service B" is where it's supposed to be "Service A" in this itinerary. The word "Checkpoint" is clear to see at the correct places in the itinerary, no need to do anything there.

Not likely? It seems to be misunderstood: I mean "Service A" is supposed to be AFTER the first stages, not before the first stages. "Service B" is where it's supposed to be "Service A" in this itinerary. The word "Checkpoint" is clear to see at the correct places in the itinerary, no need to do anything there.

Actual in real rally there are service a after shakedowns. I dunno how this Whales rally without services is problem to you. In Finland there was a same thing and I'm absolute amazed than there were group B cars in finish.

It's been fine I guess untill now. Started very well in Monaco, and it gradually became less service for each event. But the events were shorter too. But with Wales the event got longer, and still you stripped away 30 minutes more and end up with 60 minutes of lousy patchwork.

No quite sure what to say, the disagreement is noted. And the complete reasoning behind why the rallies are like they are have been given.

Another note is why write "Service A" at the start, as the cars come ready to race. Better is "Tuning and shakedown", "Main service area", or something..

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This feels like nitpicking just for the sake of it, and is quite frustrating. First of all, it's important that the things you can keep simple, is kept as simple as possible to avoid misunderstandings, we've seen how the RDRC-Classes have been a cause of misunderstandings throughout the season in sign ups.
Secondly, in the game you have shakedowns and between shakedown and the first proper stage, there is always a service.
Here from Sweden 2017.

88W1ptm.png

jvONCrS.png

You can say that Service A is after the SuperSpecial, and the service straight after shakedown isn't called anything, but there is a service each morning before the first stage of the day.

Hey @Dag Inge Hansen, you should see it as a challenge when having not so many service points in a rally.
If there is a service area every 2 stages, everyone gets his car repaired on 100% and it's no more a rally but a time trial. In my eyes it's a important part of rallying, that you keep an eye on your car to keep it in a good condition. Otherwise you can push every single stage at full maximum because you know that it will be repaired every 2 stages...:cautious: This is closed-circuit racing, not rally sport!
The challenge is the same for every competitor :)

I just finished my rally. A minor mistake on the last stage and I rolled. Not a bad way and the car still worked correctly. Otherwise it was great time and needed lot of concentration to keep car on good shape. I guess I'm not the fastest but I'm still pleased because it wasn't easiest rally for me. After all the series was really well organized and it was a pleasure to be part of it! Thank you!

Here onboard video from the crash

20170510114319_1.jpg

20170510114217_1.jpg

c'mon guys let's focus on the fun and stop picking that nit. hints were dropped thick and fast througout the season that we could expect events with fewer service stops, i utterly fail to see what the fuss is about. rather complain about how muddy the cars look on the last two stages of the day, especially if you prepared a fine skin for your shiny screens :)
Totally agree. Can we please focus on how awesome this Championship has been, and thank the people who have invested so much time and effort organising it for us.

League event done in 2WD- class (1970s Opel Kadett). Had some bigger mistakes on the 10 last stages due to car didn't handle that well anymore (it bounced couple times off the driving line -> crash). Here's highlight of my full run https://www.twitch.tv/videos/141446455

Well done Kari , that was a great Rally session :) I saw you started streaming :) Just as steam went down for me :( Im watching this now as i typed this.

Hey @Dag Inge Hansen, you should see it as a challenge when having not so many service points in a rally.
If there is a service area every 2 stages, everyone gets his car repaired on 100% and it's no more a rally but a time trial. In my eyes it's a important part of rallying, that you keep an eye on your car to keep it in a good condition.

Couldn`t agree on this any better, like the TOUGHMUDDA League :)

Actual in real rally there are service a after shakedowns. I dunno how this Whales rally without services is problem to you. In Finland there was a same thing and I'm absolute amazed than there were group B cars in finish.
It's the real problem of these older cars, the exaggerated bumpiness of some roads and these cars have just a basic suspension. I barely made it in Finland, the car became a wreck too soon and had to ease off the speed to make it through. The same discrimination against Gr.B there but I didn't mention it then. I mean if you can't push the same all the way through then it's going to be a drawback either way. You may have to put up a test-event with the same few sevices, and test for the endurance, and I feel that's too demanding for most of us. Therefore I am a bit pissed about this discrimination against older cars. This is most notable to the Gr.B vs. WRC-cars I guess.

Wow... as much as I enjoyed reading every other RDRC Event thread so far, some of the posts on the last few pages here make me feel.... kinda mixed. Come on people, we're playing a game here. A highly competitive game, but still.. Different people will always have different views and preferences, but this is a game league, it's free to join, and many people have put in countless hours to organize it all. Lighten up and cut them some slack, please ;)

Like I expected, the last few weeks my schedule have been crazy busy, so contrary to just about everyone else in this league:laugh:, this week I've done my first ever practice miles in Wales, and MAN, this is HARD!!
So far I haven't managed to do a single long stage without at least one recovery.
Have to get some stages in today though as the rest of the week plus the weekend most my time is spoken for (one of the blessings:speechless: of marriage with kids). On top of that apparently my premium expired last week so have to get that fixed too as I can't even do agrees/sads/hahas on posts now ?!?
This will probably my slowest rally ever if I make it at all, however I refuse to go the Driving assists / chase cam route, so we'l see how it goes. Wish me luck (please?):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 101 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 183 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 358 27.9%