RDRC S8 Round 6 - Rally Wales (8th May - 14th May 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
HurZ6Kx.png

Rally Germany proved to be the closest battle in RDRC history, with just one tenth separating the first and second placed drivers after 16 stages. But that is history now that we move to Wales and the season finale. No championship is decided yet, there are still a fight for the overall title, as well as the three separate class titles and the team championship when we arrive to the rally with the most amount of stages, and the fewest amount of services of all rallies this season!

As already mentioned, the fight for the overall win in Germany was intense and insane, with Simon Novak and Nic Worsfold swapping places throughout all three days, and after over 110km, 3 days and 16 stages, it was just 0.132 seconds that separated them, with Nic Worsfold managing to be the fastest guy in his Lancia Delta S4, and leaving Simon Novak with the slightly bitter tasting 2nd place in Germany. None of these drivers will have any chance of taking home the title however, as the battle is between Jon Joannides and Cristoforos Karaolis, 48 points are separating the two, but with 100 points to the winner and 50 points for finishing 5th, anything can happen.

In the 4WD- class, Miguel Figueiredo took his second class win of the year ahead of Thomas Lambaerts and Lutz Mueller. However, it is Thomas Mueller that leads the championship in the class, 36 points ahead of Figueiredo with Diogo Souto 48 points behind and Ethan O'Hagan who had to miss Germany 58 points behind. All four of them can potentially win the title in the class, and this is the class where we think there will be the most fluctuation throughout the rally as well.

2WD+, the class for the powerful 2WD cars, saw Tommie Lindberg taking his second win of the year, and taking a firm grip on the title. After Andreas Norström joined the series in Sweden, he have won every single rally, but he had a poor rally in Germany, and lost quite a lot to Lindberg, and he is now 84 points behind in the championship. Lindberg needs to make a huge mistake in Wales to lose this now. Rally Germany also saw Jarod Sebeibit-Ponsard and Jack Hintz taking their first podiums of the year, but both are far behind in the championship.

In the 2WD- class Ismail Yakubu took his second win of the season, stretching his lead up to 80 points on Krister Johansson, to add to this, Yakubu have not been worse than 2nd in any rally so far this season, and while it is possible to lose the title right at the end. That looks like it will take some extreme conditions and situations to happen. Also in this class the rest of the podium was filled newcomers, David Monks being third, and RDRC-Debutant Kari Koivuranta ending second.

Before Rally Wales, we have also announced a rule in case of a dead-heat in the championship standings, read the Magazine or the Directors Note thread for more information.

For new drivers, here is the RDRC-Checklist:
  • Check that your name in the league on dirtgame.com is the same that you have signed up with - if not, you can notify the score-keeper here. Remember that changing Steam nickname can change your name on dirtgame.com
  • Check that you are indeed registered to your correct league, PC, PS4 or xBox One. You can find your leagues here
  • Remember to check the Directors Note Thread in case of rule changes or important notices. The thread is here.
  • If you are not signed up yet, and wish to participate in the Championship, you can do so by signing up here
For a full overview of all the stages for Rally Wales including descriptions and length, Tips for more effective driving on loose surface, the different championship scenarios, a welcome back to a RDRC Hall of Famer and more, dive in to the Wales Edition before it get's to wet and muddy!

View the Wales Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here. (Press F11 for fullscreen)
Download the Wales Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (17.4mb)

Kwnb0wc.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 8th May 00:01 GMT until 14th May 23:59GMT. You must've finished and uploaded your time on the last stage before the end-time.​
  • Remember to join the correct RaceNet League for the system you play on. If not, you will not be able to participate in any rallies. Find your correct league here
  • Control that your RaceNet Name is the same you signed up with, if not, please inform us of your new name here
  • If you drive with another RaceNet Name than you have on the Entry List, and not have given us any notification on the name change, you will not get any result from the rally. There will not be any exceptions to this.​
  • If you have not signed up, you can do so here. You must sign up to be able to participate.​
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread :)
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share your perfect runs and share your massive failures, all in the name of fun!​
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.

And with that, the last event-thread of the season is open. With the most amount of stages, but just the third longest rally of the season. Few services and tricky weather. To follow up with that, the Magazine is filled up with more articles this time around, including a section of driving style tips, hopefully written in a way that is understandable.

The RDRC-Crew wishes every single one a fantastic last event, and hope that you have enjoyed to participate as much as we have enjoyed hosting it.

Drama and scandal have soured Emirates Rally Team’s preparations for Rally Wales.

Barring a miracle, the technical issues which sabotaged Ethan O’Hagan’s 4WD- title challenge in Germany are looking like they will repeat themselves in Wales. A tragic blow to Ethan and ERT’s aspirations of a title, and potentially a manufacturer podium. All hopes are now pinned on Andy Jobin and his undoubted talent behind the wheel.

There are also reports that ERT management is in outrage as ERTNZ driver Jono Phipps failed to show for pre-event testing in Wales. It is rumoured that when staff were sent to Phipps’ trailer to investigate, they found him playing Rocket League in his bathrobe surrounded by doritos packets. The temptation of Rocket League’s free weekend appears to have been too much for the driver, who must now live with the consequences of his decision and go into the final round without any preparation.

Don't know if it was Global or not, but yea twas a free RL weekend & steam sale. Burned 19 hours over the weekend :O_o:
I was putting off buying it as I thought I might get addicted. I thought right.

Meh, then I missed out on a great chance to test the game :( Well, I guess that it was for the best when I think of RDRC and the Magazine :whistling:
I knew that The Division had a free-weekend though, but I played that last time they had it, and it wasn't that good.

Wohoooooo...20 stages, :poop:-weather - this will be awesome!!!!! :ninja:
That's the challenge we all needed...:thumbsup:

I would guess that the chance to get points (in class) should be quite high if you get the car to the finish-line of stage 20 :cautious:
I'll start tonight...

Alas ...too many trees and too far to service...out on Day 1, but I didn't roll!
Many thanks to all involved. A fantastic event. Great fun, even though I apparently suck at rally.
Next time I will drive "briskly" rather than like a madman and hope to DNF a bit less.

Last edited:
Cloudy is the best we can hope for (thats as sunny as it gets hrrhrr)
Just finished a simulated 9 stage training session (to check how much Subi is left) - shockingly my turbo, not so turbo anymore! (below 80% I think it was)

And checking the leaderboards total time, I might have to do this in two stints (so much distraction and things that can go wrong!)
Good luck everyone! This we will be a real test I think - on man and machine!

ps: Magazine glorious as ever! Nice read, nice pictures! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back