RDRC S8 Round 4 - Rally Finland (27th March - 2nd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course with me singing up on friday and then get accepted into the racenet league, which probably happend sometime between saturday night and sunday morning when i was sleeping,

That sounds like it is pretty much accurate indeed, as the majority of the RDRC staff was busy with the 12 hrs @ Interlagos in RDLMS Saturday (and thus, practicing on Friday) :)
Happy to see you enjoyed the rally :)

Great rally! And happily the "Guiness Delta" made in in one piece.
Allthough a bump in the right door could not be avoided, as I tried to avoid at least glass breaking with all that beer under the hood:rolleyes:. Guiness-1.jpg Guiness-2.jpg
Guiness-1.jpg
Guiness-2.jpg

Well i guess it is time to say how my rally went..
Of course with me singing up on friday and then get accepted into the racenet league, which probably happend sometime between saturday night and sunday morning when i was sleeping, ment that i didn't have time to do a good setup. Making a costly mistake on SS1 didn't make things any easier as my engine temperature was going up. SS2 & SS3 were fairly ok with minor mistakes at SS2 without taking much damage. When we came to the first night stage i had a major crash which broke my headlights and i had a puncture. To add on top of that i had another crash on the same stage and another puncture. All of that made that stage 11+ minutes. Then the rally went downhill. Hit a pole radiator was gone then i repaired hit another pole it was gone again, got a puncture and then on SS8 my engine blew up. Yep pretty chaotic but it was fun while it lasted.
From what i see next rally is at Germany which i look forward to and hope to finish it even if at last place. Thanks for the organisers for organising such an awesome event and for the drivers for the good competition.

This is like copy paste from what i experienced in SS13 ... :D According to early results, i was the last one on that stage!

I'm going to fire all my team mechanics, because they were drunk and enjoying sunbathe in service park. Only one was working and he knew how to repair radiator only. It was not enough so my engine was seriously damaged and last his breath was on SS13. DNF'ed.
Very sad, because I was quite comfortable and found a good rhythm to be around 15th place in the 4WD- class. Hope to find better mechanics in Germany.. :cool:

I'm going to fire all my team mechanics, because they were drunk and enjoying sunbathe in service park. Only one was working and he knew how to repair radiator only. It was not enough so my engine was seriously damaged and last his breath was on SS13. DNF'ed.
Very sad, because I was quite comfortable and found a good rhythm to be around 15th place in the 4WD- class. Hope to find better mechanics in Germany.. :cool:
I have heard that germans are good mechanics and work a lot (i mean have you seen the new 919? that looks awesome) so i guess you are in luck.

Drivers on this list have until April 6th 23:59 GMT to notify us about names to be included in the final results.
Code:
Unrecognized RaceNet: bertalev83
Unrecognized RaceNet: DEV Ian
Unrecognized RaceNet: igoldennono
Unrecognized RaceNet: jon_i634
Unrecognized RaceNet: martinpereyra2
Unrecognized RaceNet: mc342ui
Unrecognized RaceNet: OR96
Unrecognized RaceNet: othonas
Unrecognized RaceNet: PUPONE777
Unrecognized RaceNet: ra67se
Unrecognized RaceNet: Rabbit Juice
Unrecognized RaceNet: Realista74
Unrecognized RaceNet: sbeslidis
Unrecognized RaceNet: Toikkari_37
Unrecognized RaceNet: volvo-plutten
Unrecognized RaceNet: Wut?

Yeah, I had horrific percentages for just about everything in my test run. So then in the actual rally, apart from taking the big jumps carefully I also had long gears and kept the revs down in the Fiesta (but the power peak is 5500 rpm so that shouldn't have hurt much in terms of speed... maybe?). Like I said in another thread though, I totally overdid the carefulness and was really slow ;)
Perverse net result: at the end, the car was in the best condition of any rally this year :O_o:

OMG!! That's amazing, how you do that? I wasn't sure if i'd finish this rally by day 2

Well, you were almost 5 min ahead of me, so I'm not sure my advice would help you when it comes to speed.
I never kept my throttle down while in air, and always slowed down before jumps. I never had any long or hard jumps (except on the very last stage).
That's what I did :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 228 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 157 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 156 10.1%
  • < 4 years