RDRC S8 Round 4 - Rally Finland (27th March - 2nd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the most composed co-driver ever, massive laugh!

just finished the morning leg of day 2, easily the most demanding stretch in the tournament so far, those two rainy stages really had me walking on tiptoes, couple of little offs here and there and plenty of slipping and sliding in the damn ditches. stage nine never found my rhythm and stage 10 was just far too bright and faaar too long for my taste with concentration slipping badly towards the end. I actually stopped listening to my co and just took the turns as they came, never a good idea :) Still, got it to next service more or less intact, will do a 100% glass and skin repair for vanity's sake and commence tomorrow night.

• Deleted member 217114

Well, I did it all in one run. My body is sweaty, my limbs are heavy, but I finished 8th (Opel Kadett), so I am kinda happy. If I only drove Pitkajarvi and the next stage clean. I probably had finished 7th.

My front bounced a bit too much in a jump in Pitkajarvi, so I had to brake, so some magic with my experience and I saved my car from crashing into a tree. I already was like: That was some damn skill, mate. Until the next two corners or so I had a slip and crashed in a tree. :confused: The next stage was kinda the same, but I had too much speed and slipped in a corner.

In the end since the weekend is near I am expecting to finish in the top 10-20 or 20-30. Hopefully winning it in the 70's class, because I don't see KingSmug, Kieran Poole and Johannson near me in the Finnish general leaderboards for 70's cars. But I keep in mind the leaderboard is generally hotlapping, so leagues are slower, so everything can happen.

Mood: :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Rally Finland was a hell of a ride! Just like i expected! :D
First stage was a complete disaster - 3 huge rollovers, lost passenger doors, almost lost my co-driver...
20170330175925_1.jpg
20170330180434_1.jpg
20170330180724_1.jpg

After first service, where my crew worked hard and patched my car back up, i slowed my pace down! Finishing the this event was my main goal!
20170330184214_1.jpg

After great run in SS 12, where i set the best time, came SS13!!! One mistake, one crash - two punctures... Lost both left tires and three minutes ...
20170330214506_1.jpg
20170330214609_1.jpg

Last screenshot is made on SS17, i guess finish line was not that far!!! :cry:
20170330220540_1.jpg

Good luck to all who still have not finished and see you on next event! :thumbsup:

that explains a lot.

But otherwise my rally was allmost clean run but I did a small miss on stage number 12 or something and I had a puncture. After that my car welt like school bus and all the power was gone. Next stage I killed some spectators because of power loss (I had a big powerslide and without power that didn't end well) before I reached to service. Last stages went kind of nice but It was really hard race to car. But I liked, it was more real deal when you can't drive your maximum speed everywhere.

20170330105708_1.jpg

that explains a lot.

But otherwise my rally was allmost clean run but I did a small miss on stage number 12 or something and I had a puncture. After that my car welt like school bus and all the power was gone. Next stage I killed some spectators because of power loss (I had a big powerslide and without power that didn't end well) before I reached to service. Last stages went kind of nice but It was really hard race to car. But I liked, it was more real deal when you can't drive your maximum speed everywhere.

View attachment 182576

It was on SS12, i was fastest on that stage and my first thought after seeing result was - where is that super fast Mini! :D

and it speaks volumes that even with this still available we have so many DNFs, bunch of gentlemen here!

I don't blame anybody but I have notice that the fastest guys are allways last ones who drive trought . But I'm here to having fun and I have had good rallies. And I don't care if somebody is cheating I know how fast I'm. ;)

I had the same thing on that stage and I'm slower than death by lung cancer in a fish. Seems like an issue with the leaderboard on RaceNet.
This means that "Current Best Time" must be the current leader (Ariwalk) no matter if he was fastest on that stage or not. Every time I see that the leader is slower, I get a small hope that maybe I can catch up to some of the people in front of me, but no it was too far ahead.

• Deleted member 217114

I had the same thing on that stage and I'm slower than death by lung cancer in a fish. Seems like an issue with the leaderboard on RaceNet.

Good to hear. Will delete it then.

How come some people from top 10 are stoped after stage 8. They appear with a time after stage 8 but on stage 9 they do not have time. As far as I know tou can only exit the game in the service and there is no service between the 8-th and 9-th stage

So I've got some good news and some bad news...
The good news: ERT's mechanics threw a screwdriver at the BIOS chip of #53's computer, and got the car working!! Yay!
Bad news: I wrote off the car. Boo. Sorry team mates.... Testing for Germany begins tomorrow.
20170331230645_1.jpg

20170331230700_1.jpg

20170331231247_1.jpg

So I've got some good news and some bad news...
The good news: ERT's mechanics threw a screwdriver at the BIOS chip of #53's computer, and got the car working!! Yay!
Bad news: I wrote off the car. Boo. Sorry team mates.... Testing for Germany begins tomorrow.
20170331230645_1-jpg.182636

Never seen this before :D How it's possible? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%