RDRC S8 Round 4 - Rally Finland (27th March - 2nd April 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Finland, but Finland is not liking me at the mo. Had 2 punctures in the first 6 stages, so I think I'll leave the rest for another day. :(

did stages 4-6 tonight and only ever had two half spins, other than that doing my cautious thang and - as thomas said - hanging in. absolutely loved the night stage, frightening but in a good way, if you get the idea. Lancia still doing fine and participation seems to be about what it was in the other events. Here's hoping I will survive rally day 2 over the next two nights/evenings. Love the choreography of this first day: rain - cloudy - sunny - starlit, nicely done ole and gang!

Last edited:
Driver excuses :
- driving with right foot only, left one broken ankle while falling from the truck
- awake for a very long period of time
- no practice, today was the only day i had time to do it
- did it in one go
- plenty more if you have to ask :)

Was running quite well until last day, no crashes and car looked ok, at last service I had all most everything at 100%, but tired and waiting to just finished i destroyed any chance of a point in last day. On punctre at beginning of a stage so 1min30sec penalty and 2 spins, yey. next stage another puncture in the last sector of the stage and next stage 3 spins and killed a few spectators.

Pathetic

Disaster has struck for ERTNZ. Critical issues have been identified with Car #53 (a fried motherboard.... ) and as things stand, the car is unable to start Round 4.

The team is working as hard as possible to get a replacement board in time for their "home" event in Germany.

It's a cruel blow for ERTNZ and Phipps, who was attempting to maintain a top 20 position on the 4WD- table.
sadparrot.gif

Day one was done on monday, so this video shows my mistakes and service-area status summary:
http://plays.tv/video/58dcd09d1edbf...1-summary-mistakes-stages-1-6-lancia-delta-s4

This bonus video shows the whole stage 5 that sums up my speed and level of caution of being fast, but not too fast. Safe but not too safe:
http://plays.tv/video/58dccfd801af4...j-rvi-s-whole-stage-replay-3-52-874-mid-sunny

My feeling is I can't push more here as the suspension isn't coping with the speed and the bumpiness. Tried to push on monday, but I failed so had to reset again. Things worked fine with reduced speed, to survive without many mistakes. You must have a car of newer class to do well in Finland. They do much better than Group B car, because of the improved suspension.

Well that was quick. Halfway through Stage 1, I bounced off into the woods after a big jump, straight into a large aspen...... tried to continue, but suspension damage had it pulling to the right and rad was stuffed. Retired to the pub. I agree with D.I. Hansen above....should have gone a lot easier in the SEAT. See you in Germany.

4 computer crashes so far. Gladly I didn't get that far before it happened but I need to find the problem before I can try again. I'm going away tomorrow so tonight is my only chance :/

Well, made it to the end. Only missing the left door, the bonnet, rear bumper, rear taillights, rear wing, exaust, one front light and misc bits. Not too bad...lol

Oh, and watch out for a radiator in SS1, I think I lost it there somewhere...

Last edited:
Round done... All in one go wile also recording the replays... A long afternoon...
Went very cautiously, trying to avoid mistakes... One mistake with a crash on SS16 but luckily didn't loose more than 5 seconds... Hoping for a top ten in the class 4WD-, for now in third but still missing a lot of fast drivers...

Day 3 completing the rally was done today. Made only one small mistake, and that was at the first km of stage 14. Nothing to do a video for, so lets go straight to the "Powerstage". Here's the replay of my last stage: SS17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 206 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 148 7.6%