RDRC S8 Round 3 - Rally Greece (6th - 12th March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In DiRT Rally, I hate Greece. Never do well, never enjoy the stages. I almost skipped this event but thought I'd give it a go anyway. This is how my day went:

I'd had enough and voluntarily retired during stage four. Goodbye Greece, and good riddance! :thumbsdown:

You no like Greece?
57248909.jpg

:)

Hi Ole. Where can i see my placement in the cross platform results? are the cross platform rankings accessible yet or not?

They will be posted after the rally is finished :)

Is there no way to prevent people from hotlapping? :)

Hotlapping as in: Driving the stages again and again and again offline before jumping online. No.
Hotlapping as in: Driving one stage again and again online, until you are happy, then go to the next and do the same. Not possible.

I think the 'hotlapping' issue is somewhat exaggerated.

let's not start the hotlap discussion, it will ruin all the fun. I know what I do out there alone with my conscience and my pc and I can go to bed after the tournament at peace with myself. Besides the log out thingy, some guys are simply willing (and able) to log insane amounts of virtual kilometers. That is - decidedly - neither any of my business nor quite my cup of tea.
Says he and tackles the last quart, woefully underprepared as ever :)

Hotlapping as in: Driving the stage, over the limit until you make it. If you crash, you shut the game down and restart. Then you do that until you're satisfied with your times :)

Hotlapping as in: Driving the stage, over the limit until you make it. If you crash, you shut the game down and restart. Then you do that until you're satisfied with your times :)
I'm sure this happens - but be careful not to underestimate the quality of the other top drivers in this championship. I suspect there's less hot lapping going on than you think.

Last edited:
well, I didn't ... hotlap that is
what i did was: three nice clean stages to round day two off. Supremely happy with my performance, don't think i've ever strung 09 stages (let's quickly forget about the first three) together as cleanly in Dirt Rally's version of Greece backwaters as I have done in this tournament. It was great fun, thx for picking the schedule and providing us with this really professional tournament.
Seems like half the field will go online tomorrow, when I finished I was 95th of 104 finishers, so about 200 guys still have to do their stuff (and always sooo close to the dreaded drop down the ravine ...) You will enjoy it, folks!

And my stance on that are, if you are a person who wants to do 25-30 min of rallying (or even more) 5-6-7 times to hopefully make a perfect run, and do this between every single checkpoint that is put in here, then I would think that there are other "issues" going on that a virtual rally win can't fix.

Also, this is all about having fun :) I think everyone should remember that first and foremost, and don't end up breaking your table in anger or something like that *cough* @Joakim Skalstad *cough* :)

• Deleted member 217114

There is that other little thing that can be exploited, but you know that already @Ole Marius Myrvold I really hope Dirt 4 and it's Your Stage will fix every little bit of this kind of exploits and such. I also really hope D4 will get the same 'system' as RBR Online mod. If I remember correctly it has a timer after you finish a stage. If you don't begin a new stage after the final count it will make you DNF.

There is that other little thing that can be exploited, but you know that already @Ole Marius Myrvold I really hope Dirt 4 and it's Your Stage will fix every little bit of this kind of exploits and such. I also really hope D4 will get the same 'system' as RBR Online mod. If I remember correctly it has a timer after you finish a stage. If you don't begin a new stage after the final count it will make you DNF.

You are absolutely right......a timer is needed ....RSRBR has it too....

I don't see the problem really. If people want to waste time "hotlapping" again and again, so what? Sure, it's not within the spirit of the championship, but there will always be people looking for some advantage over others, you can't prevent that. There are a good number of amazing alien drivers around here, so I bet few or none of the hotlappers are scoring points anyway.

You also can't prove who is hotlapping and who isn't, and the last thing we need is people accusing each other. Just forget about what other people may or may not be doing, concentrate on your own performance, and have fun. That's what it's all about, at the end of the day.

Ye, but that is a quite small issue really :) I also hope that with DiRT 4 that all the small but incredibly frustrating RaceNet bugs etc will be fixed up, which would probably lead to no checkpoints, so it's run slightly more like our RSRBR days.

You are absolutely right......a timer is needed ....RSRBR has it too....

A timer would be very nice indeed. I also liked that you could run many stages without any breaks, and "save up" time for a larger break later on.

I don't see the problem really. If people want to waste time "hotlapping" again and again, so what? Sure, it's not within the spirit of the championship, but there will always be people looking for some advantage over others, you can't prevent that. There are a good number of amazing alien drivers around here, so I bet few or none of the hotlappers are scoring points anyway.

You also can't prove who is hotlapping and who isn't, and the last thing we need is people accusing each other. Just forget about what other people may or may not be doing, concentrate on your own performance, and have fun. That's what it's all about, at the end of the day.

And this is the most important. No matter what game there are small exploits that people will use as much as they can, it's just the nature of it, but the vast majority won't. And the most important thing is to have fun, and find someone to aim to beat! Or as the goal for Ross seemingly is. Score a point!

Thing are usually just as fun as you make it yourself :)

Im not mad about it, it was just a question :)

Im still driving, and im going to finish this season. It would just have been more fun, and realistic if you couldn't restart!

Let me put it this way, i think i have over 400hours of dirt rally. 400hours of the same 6 country's. They combine into, what, 150kms of road? Every country is just 2 long stages. Reversed, cut in half, in light, in dark. Same road every damn time. So yeah, i know the stages better than i know the roads around my house. So i don't think hotlapping really is the problem. Except maybe at the first stage. It's 2 rally's in a row that i gain 10+ places (overall) in stage 2 and 3.

Hotlapping aside, what about hood cams and hud? They have an advantage over me. I am on a single monitor, no hud, cockpit cam and 720steering degrees. Triple setup can see apex better, hoodcam can see apex and road better, hud gets more info like visual corner indication, 240 to 360 steering gives a lot faster response. So many advantages to be taken, yet i drive like i do. What i mean is that you could go on and on about advantages. Just drive the long stages a bit before the League and have fun. Because i can't unmemorize the stages.

Day one done, and OMG I hate and love Greece. Hate it because for the life in me I can not be any faster than my current PB's and that it's more dangerous than Monte and love it because I have to work that much harder to have a decent time.
Had a mega S1 and S2, one spin on the first long stage, lost about 10-13sec and then slowed down a bit for the rest of the stages.Was close to my pb's but a tad slower. atm 30+sec behind Johansson, and 10sec ahead of cflotios.
Ty for a the effort.

Finaly through all the stages. Yesterday i nearly give up this game. It was CTD after one ot two stages all the time.
I have always had this troubble with this game but yesterday it was just hopeless.
I don't know how many times i started stage 1 and 2, maaaany times, i was on stage 6 two times also when suddenly CTD for no reason. In the end i give up. and went to bed.
So i get going again today and could drive all 12 stagen with no problem at all, well at least when it came to the game. I had some small mistekes myself but no big ones so i'm pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back