RDRC S8 Round 3 - Rally Greece (6th - 12th March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great Scott! After not realising the Greek rally was this week. I was unprepaired at the start of the week. No setup yet. I spend a couple hours trying to build one. Yesterday i was like, nope setup not working, let's try something completely different. Seeing my times in the leaderboard above top 100, i was sceptical i would score any points at all in Greece. After my great Sweden rally i was really bummed that Greece was not going so great.
How could i be more wrong?
After a warmup, I decided to run day 1 in one go.
I was a bit cautious in stage 1 because of the narrow road with massive cliff. Got to the first service alright. Got my car back up to 100%.
On stage 4 i think i took a shortcut somewhere. I was flying! Next 2 stages i was a bit more cautious. Getting dark and all. No major issues so far. And thus endeth day 1. Leading group A ( top 5 4wd- but only 133 starters so far ), i decided to push on. I didn't want to lose my vibe.
Day 2 started, time to go like hell! and drive like hell i did! After stage 8... 3 to 5 only 0.75sec apart. Place 2 to 6 only 7 seconds apart. Anything could still happen. After the last service, i needed 7 seconds to second place ( only 78 drivers completed to last service). I lost 2 seconds in stage 10. Full on attack for stage 11. Second place made a mistake and dropped behind me. Only 2 seconds ahead of me, my new target. All or nothing for the last long stage. Was doing the drive of my life. Until the last sector... In the slow Right 1, left 1 and right 1. I made a mistake, i tried to do the left 1 in 2nd gear and slid of the road. With my nose pointed against a pole. Reversed and climbed back onto the road. Really bummed by my mistake, i dropped a place. Lost 5 seconds to 2nd. So i think i might have passed him if i had not gone off.
After this, I do believe my setup works. Don't you think? It's been over an hour ago and i can still feel the adrenaline flowing!
Great rally guys, thanks for everything. Now the agonizing wait for everyone to finish.

7E838B65B6A94C6FA21AF2C780753036F539DA49

FB089E42183D3E44FB254CEE9FC25757E6CBFAAC

D42F4D29BA92E7A7330EDBED5464EF9B076C1706

C9050A2E67797CF539BAC509211FE5602399CE13

Seems like your screenshots got inspired by the driving man! :inlove::inlove:

So, Rally Greece finished! A few BIG slides and and a few stops ( when I had revs to low/wrong gear ) but in general I'am satisfied :thumbsup: No way I can compete with the top drivers ( in the 4wd+ class ) but hey, this IS FUN ! Thanks to the organisers for making this championship possible :D:)

How do you feel the Ford-Upgrade worked? ^^,

Greece completed!
My pace was around 20 sec behind the Top Pilots, and that`s a win in my rally career! :D
Except on SS4, where i got puncture and lost around 2 min! But all together - Great Rally of Greece was fun to drive, Thanks to RD Staff who made it happen!!! See you all in next event!
Some screens from me!
20170307173510_1.jpg
20170307175814_1.jpg
20170310220427_1.jpg

20170309175423_1.jpg

Last edited:
Greece completed!
My pace was around 20 sec behind the Top Pilots, and that`s a win in my rally career! :D
Except on SS3, where i got puncture and lost around 2 min! But all together - Great Rally of Greece was fun to drive, Thanks to RD Staff who made it happen!!! See you all in next event!
Some screens from me! View attachment 178457 View attachment 178458 View attachment 178459
View attachment 178460

Picture 2 looks like a photo! For being such an old engine DR can look really good. The lightning in Greece is impressive :)

Done the rally.
Again, surprised by the Kit Cars speed, very fast. I can't keep up with them with the BMW.
My goal was finish the rally, and I did it, so I am happy now. I'm not like greece rallies at all.

I was in 4th place in category so I'll be hapy if it stays like this :)

Here is my whole onboard:

Always great to watch a good run in the M3. SS2 was a joy watch :)

Sooooo.....
I had a felling I should do some test runs with an "early" co-driver setting...

So I hired an auctioneer....
Couldn't do it. He talked too far ahead.

So I stuck with trusty, yet questionable regular slower-thinking co-driver and hoped for the best.

Stage 4 : I get to a corner, he starts droning on, then eventually tells me about not cutting, (as I am cutting) so I hit something solid, get ping-ponged across the road, bounced off the side of a mountain on the other side, and was thrown across the wonderful greek countryside (and at this point, my co-driver was still talking...) :cautious:

I think he got a concussion (if he hadn't, I would have given him one anyway once he got out of the car). At least I might have an excuse to get a new co-driver for next round :rolleyes:

In DiRT Rally, I hate Greece. Never do well, never enjoy the stages. I almost skipped this event but thought I'd give it a go anyway. This is how my day went:

uc

uc

uc

I'd had enough and voluntarily retired during stage four. Goodbye Greece, and good riddance! :thumbsdown:

I'm relatively happy with how my rally went. Had to call for help four times after some stupid mistakes but still I'm sitting fifth overall at the moment :confused:

I had a very good flow most of the time, I like these technical stages and the Stratos suits here waaaayyy better than between the snowbanks. Just gotta concentrate for the whole rally to really threaten the top guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 237 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%