RDRC S8 Round 3 - Rally Greece (6th - 12th March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quite happy with the event! Two relatively minor incidents on the same stretch on different stages were the only real mistakes - so I was able to keep my car in good shape. Still over two minutes off the top 4WD- pace, but I couldn't ask much more from myself.
A few images of Emirates #53 from SS1:
20170307223636_1.jpg
20170307223711_1.jpg
20170307223726_1.jpg
20170307223834_1.jpg
20170307224351_1.jpg
20170307224431_1.jpg
20170307224440_1.jpg

Last edited:
So after my "interesting" day yesterday, I decided to try and finish the rally today. With a car barely able to go above 60 kph there wasn't much to go for, but eh. Did some patchwork at the 3rd service, but the car was still junk. At the final service I decided to fix the body up to 100% so I could try and take some screenshots (that worked, wow! :D:roflmao: ) . For the final stage, I though to myself, " lets try push a bit, see if we can finish this rally on a high "... Dumb, dumb dumb! :speechless:

2hnqdsy.jpg

2nbvlua.jpg

2dbp2sp.jpg

So after my "interesting" day yesterday, I decided to try and finish the rally today. With a car barely able to go above 60 kph there wasn't much to go for, but eh. Did some patchwork at the 3rd service, but the car was still junk. At the final service I decided to fix the body up to 100% so I could try and take some screenshots (that worked, wow! :D:roflmao: ) .

That's a true spirit for Rally racing!!!! Car down, doesn't matter and on it goes!!! Never give up...
Repair the body to get some nice pictures - the show must go on!!!
You're a real good one!!! My full respect!!!

Again it's frustration galore for me...

The opening two stages went well keeping up with and then passing both RIvysaur and @Kieran Poole on the second stage, both stages being ones I know resonably well and feel somewhat confident on. :confused:

But then the confidence went away for the rest of the leg, 4 stages, and I lost over a minute to Kieran and around 50 seconds to RIvysaur so now sitting 58 seconds behind Kieran and around 40 seconds behind RIvysaur heading into Day2 but I know that, yet again, only misstakes from the fastest guys will see me score a good result, I just don't want to push my luck as I was close enough to fly off on SS6 when I entered a 3 Right in 3rd gear only to find that it was a K Left on the road, slammed the rear left into the banks and very nearly went over and down the slope...

But oh well, anything can still happen, for good and for worse :)

After the lackluster performance from the Team Fate Rally Kadett powered by Weyerbacher Brewery in Sweden I knew it was time for a change. So I sent the Opel to the paint shop to freshen up the livery a bit and then hustled to Greece with the crew to do some much needed recce. runs. Since the driver is always perfect I found out that the crew had set the car up with the "slow":poop: suspension and engine setup in Monaco and Sweden, boy was I pissed! I immediately had them rip everything off and put in the "fast":) setup and we seem to making strides in turning competitive times on the first four stages in testing. Here are a few pics of the refreshed livery in testing.
9592CB0940CF7F50ED89A5083A9E3C634151DAC2

C528BFB769795DFBF6669DFFDCDBF8E7FF7CE783

956EA0B4F1BE784660A2E16010A17CA54817028C

That weren't no bug that was a berm;)

Yeah, or a rock but It's stupid that car went totally different way that it should be. In Finland if you are driving into ditch there are same kind of stupid unseen walls. And I don't understand why it take me back to road and give me 15sec penalty. I didn't hit anyone. It should be like in RBR that you need to call for help, but of course that means you should do the stages that how you can't cut too much.

Day 2 completed - Acropolis done!

rdrc_gre_11.jpg

SS7 gave me a confident start into the 2nd half of the Rally. A clean run with, despite the still slightly damaged bodywork.
Drifting on gravel is so much fun...
rdrc_gre_12.jpg

SS8 was a clean & safe run. I like this part of the greek rally...

rdrc_gre_13.jpg

SS9 was clean, too. So, the "easy" stages were done for Day 2 - May the nightmare continue on stages 10-12 ??

rdrc_gre_14.jpg

Concentrated start into my personal "puncture stages"...SS10 saw me driving clean & safe. No mistakes there...

On SS11 I had a real good one....still no puncture!!! Kept calm and brouhght the car back home without any more damage...

Final stage: At halfway I had a shocky little moment when the car went a bit too wide after a R2...
rdrc_gre_15.jpg

...but kept the car on the track and went on through the dust...
rdrc_gre_16.jpg

Nearby the end it took me offroad...but the timeloss was not very much...

WHERE IS THE CAR???
rdrc_gre_17.jpg

Good news was, the tires got no damage - no puncture at SS12 and so I could finish the event.
rdrc_gre_18.jpg

Right now I'm on 2nd in Group A and this is more that I even thought of! Quite happy with the performance at Greece and looking forward to Finland...

To all the guys who were faster than me: Gratulation! For me my rally was near to perfect...so your rally should be more than that :thumbsup:

Half done with a couple of off piste excursions in the Seat, luckily got back on the track without much damage and a time penalty. Hopefully will finish in one piece!

Ventured out on to the first 3 stages in the Weyerbacher Brewing Team Fate Rally Kadett this morning. After the crew finished the final tweaks after swapping the "slow:poop:" drivetrain and suspension for the "fast". For their mistake I had to withhold the crews ration of Ouzo and Baclava. After 3 stages we are presently sitting 4th in 2wd- class about 25 seconds adrift of the cluster of Kieran, Ivy and Navitori. With no major mistakes except a misjudged exit on a hairpin which put me nose first into a shrub, the car looks like it will easily repair back to 100% for the next set of stages.
305D5E912C7A44EE9A26B6432FB69B3935B46AA0

B0FC13BEA5C5D3C7F1AF1F947598D2F2BFD11CEC

3584560E864C24ECD789D2A43A3245412FD00A0F
E8FA1D28CBA99923DCBDC590A2D5B69B64191E60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back