RDRC S8 Round 3 - Rally Greece (6th - 12th March 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ole Marius Myrvold

JWB 96-13
Staff
Premium
DNO0lP5.png

7dh2RyS.png

Important Notes:
  • The Rally is from 6th March 00:01 GMT until 12th March 23:59GMT. You must've finished and uploaded your time on the last stage before the end-time.
  • Remember to join the correct RaceNet League for the system you play on. If not, you will not be able to participate in any rallies. Find your correct league here
  • Control that your RaceNet Name is the same you signed up with, if not, please inform us of your new name here
  • If you drive with another RaceNet Name than you have on the Entry List, and not have given us any notification on the name change, you will not get any result from the rally. There will not be any exceptions to this.
  • If you have not signed up, you can do so here. You must sign up to be able to participate.
  • Feel free to take screenshots and videos and share it in our Rally World Thread :)
  • Feel free to share your experience from the rally in this thread, share your perfect runs and share your massive failures, all in the name of fun!
  • Any rule changes will be posted in the Directors Note Thread. Please keep yourself updated on any changes.

Additional Information

Greece Magazine (38 pages).
Including full rally information, report from the Greek community, championship standings and more!

View the Greece Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here. (Press F11 for fullscreen)
Download the Greece Edition of the RDRC Rally Magazine here (19.1mb)​

Looks great guys! Nice work!
Any reason why we've only got 12 stages this event? I'm assuming because Greece is more punishing - but I was looking forward to making up for a lack of speed with some consistent driving this event..

ole whats wrong????you say acropolis 2016 but i thought it could be like acropolis 2006.you mixed erc with wrc or something else. so if you find greece is boring .........i just dont have any more words to say.12 STAGES???????

It could, but as stated back to the start of the season, we check the real life events from the last 1-3 years from the countries that are in the game, and try to make it as similar as "useful". Useful in the sense that having as many services as real life Monte-Carlo is no point with the damage model in this game, and 24 stages in Finland are way too many when it comes to distance and time spent.
I know that it is the European Championship rally that's been used as the inspiration for Greece, but RDRC have never run WRC-copies in any previous season, and it's not made as a WRC-copy this season either. But due to how the game is made, with regards to countries and stages, we took the decision to emulate newer real life events, with all the differences that brings to the different rallies.

With regards to the remark about Greece and boring. That is both wrong, and slightly insulting. I don't use my personal preferences when giving my ideas for rallies to the crew.

• Deleted member 217114

12 stages, bit short. So I done it in one sitting. Had a major mistake. ie death of a spectator and some minor mistakes. That's rallying. :confused::redface: If you complete all stages without mistakes you're not rallying, but hotlapping. :rolleyes:

Btw there is never too many of Finland :inlove:

Last edited by a moderator:
Greek rally must not be so short. This is WRC not ERC emulation. There could be at least 3 days of stages and the third day should be a short day with 2-3 stages.

With the service pack bug everyone is mostly hotlapping.
Greek rally is rough, hard and is the Rally of the Gods!

Greek rally must not be so short. This is WRC not ERC emulation. There could be at least 3 days of stages and the third day should be a short day with 2-3 stages.
I know that it is the European Championship rally that's been used as the inspiration for Greece, but RDRC have never run WRC-copies in any previous season, and it's not made as a WRC-copy this season either.

Sir, can you even read? Also if you check rules then it clearly says that each rally will include between 8 to 20 stages.

There is no difference in the rally lengths now compared to previous RDRC-seasons, we have always had a mix of shorter and longer rallys in the championship. The lenghs of the rallies has varied depending on what event we have used as inspiration for the event in game, and this time it was a shorter one than the prior in the championship.
That being said, I'd like this rally to be longer myself, as I feel more comfortable on these roads than the finnish roads (I am not that good at full speed), but such is the challenge.

I once was a part of a championship that varied from 6 to 20 stages in their rallies, needless to say that any mistakes in the 6 stage event proved more costly and destroyed the rally, given the lack of stages to make up time on. Different rallies, different challenges :)

Still with "only" 12 stages Greece will surely be hard enough for me. Don't really like these wavy narrow roads with hidden little bumps...my only wish is to get no puncture and bring that car safely back home!
So no aims for me at Greece...!

c'mon guys, you all should know better than to whine at the work the crew puts in in their FREETIME.

Personally, I will change from doing rally games in bonnet view to doing them in cockpit view from this event on. Being placed near the bottom of the sheet anyway, i felt like adding a little challenge :) Fiddled a bit with the controls yesterday and now have a viewing position which emulates my real life length (1,93m) and puts the wheel clamped to the desk in a somewhat "realistic" position via the dashboard onscreen. Never use the ingame wheel and hands, just looks to weird, two wheels - four hands. That said, the road one sees is awfully small on my 19 inch screen, reason why i did bonnet view in rallying in the first place, getting more of the track visible on the smallish screen. Sound is far better "in car" as well, now. Looking forward to the rally, hope to not crash down one of those ravines ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back